Alcoholism

wykikitoon

yeah, well i was in Brighton at the weekend with good mates of mine, started boozing about 3 ish but by 11 although drunk I was just bored with feeling drunk. The craic was good, the bar was good, I just felt 'over' being drunk.

You know what? I wasn't mixing it up that night. Aaaaaaah......

Getting drunk's better than being drunk though, isn't it?

Anticipation and journey better than the effect?

In other news, I've not drunk since Friday night. It's starting to feel weird.

Not exactly but I prefer the effect of alcohol when you're getting there rather than when you're properly pissed.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been able to get really pissed like a lot of people. I throw up first before I get even close and that's the night shot.

I used to be like that and tbh preferred it that way. Now I seem to be able to drink endlessly unless I switch to shorts that is.

Go to the pub after work quite a lot but just have 2 pints then go home for my dinner. Wont drink again that night.

Or i go home and have wine with dinner, bottle between 2.

If i go out for dinner, i'll drink wine.

At weekends, i'll have 4 or 5 lagers on a friday, maybe more or less on the saturday.

Our lass thinks i'm an alcoholic as i'll not have a drink, once, max twice a week.

These days I only really drink on a weekend.

Friday I normally go out with my Dad in the late afternoon and have a few, Saturday I'll probably have a couple if there's something to do & I will drink on Sunday - heavily if ''playing music with other musicians'' or if not maybe a bottle of wine and I'll cook.

Go to the pub after work quite a lot but just have 2 pints then go home for my dinner. Wont drink again that night.

Or i go home and have wine with dinner, bottle between 2.

If i go out for dinner, i'll drink wine.

At weekends, i'll have 4 or 5 lagers on a friday, maybe more or less on the saturday.

Our lass thinks i'm an alcoholic as i'll not have a drink, once, max twice a week.

I'm similar to this except I started cycling to work which is a double win tbh.

Wor lass is as bad as me tbh.

<_<

I think a lot of people get carried away. At Uni I used to drink like it was going out of fashion and certainly got in some scrapes!

If I stopped boozing alltogether I reckon I could save around £5000 a year. Alarming.

Only if you can think of something which gives you equal or better value for money. To paraphrase Billy Connolly, if you stop drinking and smoking you could be the fittest guy in the old folks' home.

I only really drink on a weekend and a Thursday, but I make myself ill with it.

So you only get mortal 4 times a week then? <_<