Claim to fame

Christmas Tree

So who has anyone met or had a connection too the rich and famous?

I have several and will start with in my street. Apparrently Don Revie used to Live next door to us and the beatles once stayed over for a night in a house several doors from ours! Before my time.

I have also met Keegan several times, including a trip to his house in John Halls estate, (name escapes me). Sir Bobby, Peter Beardsley, Gazza and Denise Welch on many occasions who is a hoot.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have also met Keegan several times, including a trip to his house in John Halls estate, (name escapes me). Sir Bobby, Peter Beardsley, Gazza and Denise Welch on many occasions who is a hoot.

You mean you'd had them in the back of your cab? :mellow:

Met loads of famous people, been on telly, but my ultimate claim to fame is I made a song sung by many millions of toon fans. Was in the car to an away game can't even remember where, and I started singin toon, toon, toon everybody say whey aye, wheeey aye. Got to the pub we were singing it, loads joined in, then the next few games everyone was singin it :mellow:

This tune....

My auntie married & divorced Jackie Milburn's son.. before I was born.

I'm sure I have a few more, but I honestly can't remember them, which is probably an indication of how shite they are. :mellow:

- I twatted Ulrika Johnson's son on the head with a football from 30 yards away at school. It all went in slow motion, quality. :mellow:

- I live right by Dawn French and Lenny Henry.

- Bowling For Soup sent me a signed random photo out of the blue because I'd met them at one of their gigs. :love:

- I met the gladiator Lightning when I was 6 or so, and told her that my dad and I fancied her. :D

- I twatted Ulrika Johnson's son on the head with a football from 30 yards away at school. It all went in slow motion, quality. :D

- I live right by Dawn French and Lenny Henry.

- Bowling For Soup sent me a signed random photo out of the blue because I'd met them at one of their gigs. :razz:

- I met the gladiator Lightning when I was 6 or so, and told her that my dad and I fancied her. :love:

Did they not wonder why you had pushed your address into their hands :mellow:

Im a distant relative of Captain Cook apparently

Got blaan oot by Nicle Richie

I once said hello to Alan Robson in South Shields leisure centre.

Malcolm Macdonald held the door for me when I had a handful of pints at a Bob Dylan concert.

I got Norman Wisdom's autograph at Newcastle Central Station.

Wossy ain't shit :mellow:

My cousin dated Jet from Gladiators

I've been on Look North twice. Once promoting the Great north Swim, another time singing.

I've holidayed with an american basketball team, Not on my own obv.

I appeared on the big screen at a bonjovi concert (kinda doesn't really count but I'm so proud of it!! I swear JonBon pointed at me!! ha ha)

One of my cousins was in Darling Buds of May ( No its not CZJ/D)

I'm dating an ex-footballer

Thats all I can think of, nowt too exciting really.

I've met:

Morrissey

Nelson Mandela

Holly from FGTH

The Mayor of Hamburg.

Derek Jarman

Cherie Blair

Michael Mansfield

I've met:

Gazza

Peter

Shearer

Michael Burke (miserable voice off 999 and the news)

Ant

Dec

Kat Deeley

Mark Little (Joe Mangle)

Eric Cantona

Jorg Albertz

Claudio Ranieri (best person I've met)

Edited by Stevie

I've met:

Morrissey

Nelson Mandela

Holly from FGTH

The Mayor of Hamburg.

Derek Jarman

Cherie Blair

Michael Mansfield

I've met:

Gazza

Peter

Shearer

Michael Burke (miserable voice off 999 and the news)

Ant

Dec

Kat Deeley

Mark Little (Joe Mangle)

Eric Cantona

Jorg Albertz

Claudio Ranieri (best person I've met)

Based his whole management career on things he learnt in his dads fish shop. :mellow:

My cousins a script writer and I have had a meal with Ewan McGregor as he was in my cousins short film before he was on Trainspotting :mellow:

Played snooker with Paul Hunter (got bummed, he also beat me)

Pushed infront of Ian Harte in the sarnie shop.

I do a lot of biking round the set of Emmerdale and see the actors & acctresses loadds (my cousins also wrote for them)

Met Carol Voderman a couple of times.

My cousins a script writer and I have had a meal with Ewan McGregor as he was in my cousins short film before he was on Trainspotting :mellow:

I do a lot of biking round the set of Emmerdale and see the actors & acctresses loadds (my cousins also wrote for them)

Does he use MS Word?

Does he use MS Word?

:D

Turd!

I've met Paul Hartnoll, Moby, Erez Aizen and Amit Duvdevani (Infected Mushroom), Daniel Kitson, Michael Elphick. shared a flight from LA to London with Robin Williams, though obviously we were in different areas of the plane. Think I met Squarepusher at a festival too, bit vague that though. I've met a few famous aussies but they meant nout to me so I have forgotten them, and someone from Shortland Street too. Tall skinny bloke.

My mum used to play (in the toddler sense) with Trevor Horn and my brother works with Richard Hammond's dad, how's that for elongated?

Oh yeah I met this old geezer last summer who regaled to me the tale of how he figured out a way to bring the price of pills down from £15 to £5 in the early nineties and was mates with Mr C, he was, as it happens, Ebeneezer Good! :mellow: