The Wire

scotty84

(Sorry if there is another thread on this, can't find it and don't want to clutter up the film thread)

Just finished the First season of the Wire and its fucking ace, starting season two tonight after the Champions League match and can't wait!!

anyone else watch it? A few of my mates are on season 4 at the moment so i'm on catch up mode!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much to my disgrace i've only watched the first series. It's got nothing to do with the fact I don't like it, far from it, but it's one of these shows which is so much better if you sit down and watch four, five, six episodes on the trot and at the minute I don't have the time. I do have the first four series on DVD when I finally do find the hours in the day.

Ketsbia - i definately get what you on about with the few episodes at a time, every time i watched one i always followed it up by watching another, and as their an hour one each episode with no adverts it makes for some long tv shifts!

Jimbo - i've only watched the first series, and can see why someone may say unentertaining for some episodes as they can be all talk no action to build the plot, but if you like good structured books / movies, i cant see at all how you can say its tedious and boring, the plot is indcredibly well written and you literally have to follow everything or you can get lost with characters and plot. By far the best Tv show i've seen in terms of depth and logic.

It can be as deep and well acted and well directed as you like, but simple fact is for such a highly rated series fuck all happens, it's like raving about a Van Gogh by saying you admire the frame.

its a pretty sweet frame though!

thats what i'm loving about it atm though, from what people said i expected it to be bang bang chase fight etc but its the total opposite, or the first series was anyway. It spends so long building characters and settings you get immersed unlike most other cop shows like CSI or whatever where its a new plot everyweek to keep some speed.

Going to get onto the second series, you may be right and it turns out like you say, but atm moment i'm all for it. Having said that, i'm a Lost fan so judge me as you will!

(Sorry if there is another thread on this, can't find it and don't want to clutter up the film thread)

Just finished the First season of the Wire and its fucking ace, starting season two tonight after the Champions League match and can't wait!!

anyone else watch it? A few of my mates are on season 4 at the moment so i'm on catch up mode!

Man alive - Im so jealous of somebody who has just started watching the wire - by far the best thing ever produced for tv -

you are probably best avoiding the other thread spoilersnthat like

Well the cockney at work reckons it's better than Tony S and his cronies, I doubt it but I'll give it ago

I rank it up there with The Sopranos. However The Sopranos just edges it for me. Only just mind.

Well the cockney at work reckons it's better than Tony S and his cronies, I doubt it but I'll give it ago

I rank it up there with The Sopranos. However The Sopranos just edges it for me. Only just mind.

Same here, very close.

Man alive - Im so jealous of somebody who has just started watching the wire - by far the best thing ever produced for tv -

you are probably best avoiding the other thread spoilersnthat like

Absolutely.

My dad and brother are about to start series 3 and 4 respectively. Gits!

I have to say I didn't like the 2nd series anywhere near as much as I did the 1st but I'm loving series 3 the second is still a must watch though as it obviously massively builds on the characters and sets things up for the 3rd series although I thought that Ziggy bloke was hilarious, he's also in Generation kill and is basically the same obnoxious twat :lol: