For once I admire his honesty

Snake

Derek's very economical. With the spending and with the truth.

Happy with 5 - 10 million in the summer.

Hughton and Calderwood doing a good job.

Staff morale good.

Player morale good.

Working for each other.

Llambi-ass is full o' PR shite!! D'ye think he knows it's points that are needed to keep us up and not PR shite and summer spending. :lol:

With the squad we have now less Owen & Viduka (and probably Martins) and a maxim of say £15m (assuming this £5-£10m evens out at about £7 and we get something similar for Martins) we will go down. That much money won't be enough to replace what leaves let alone fix what's already wrong with the rest of the team.

There will be no forward movement from this lot next season.

Let's prepare ourselves to be the new Leicester City or Nottingham Forrest.

Cunts.

Do you think this is a long term plan, didnt Llambias say that we would be making a profit in 2 season after this one? surely then the money we're making will mean we will be putting more money towards transfers? Though I do admit with a transfer budget of a maximum of £10m a year is extremely depressing

He's letting the fans know exactly what to expect well in advance

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/7910919.stm

Kinnear in charge and 5-10 million for transfers, the Arsenal/Aston Villa model

"Over the summer, we will look to strengthen the squad further, in addition to immediate fixes, we will want to acquire players that can help make Newcastle United a top team for the medium and long term."

Chris Mort May 2008

”We’ll probably end up spending, at the moment, about £10m"

Joe Kinnear - January 2009

Net profit in both windows.

There's a word for doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Insanity.

I'm guessing (hoping/kidding myself) that he means he's going to put in £5-£10m of his OWN money in for transfers on top of profits generated by player sales/other income.

Fingers crossed that's the case

It most prob is although we have a small squad as it is so can we afford to lose loads of players?

But 5-10m a year is not enough to compete with the best.

I'm guessing (hoping/kidding myself) that he means he's going to put in £5-£10m of his OWN money in for transfers on top of profits generated by player sales/other income.

It most prob is although we have a small squad as it is so can we afford to lose loads of players?

But 5-10m a year is not enough to compete with the rest of the premier league

fyp

But 5-10m a year is not enough to compete with the rest of the premier league

fyp

eh? What does FYP mean.

Edited by 2bias

In Ashley's website address saying he was chucking it he mentioned he had intended putting £20m a year in, not 5 or fucking 10, and fuck the recession as an excuse.

In Ashley's website address saying he was chucking it he mentioned he had intended putting £20m a year in, not 5 or fucking 10, and fuck the recession as an excuse.

fuckin disgrace man I honestly do think these fucktards dont realize that anything they say in the press can just be brought back up when they completely contradict it later on I'm actually astounded this man is rich.

fuckin disgrace man I honestly do think these fucktards dont realize that anything they say in the press can just be brought back up when they completely contradict it later on I'm actually astounded this man is rich.

your right Stevie

and every penny he is putting in he is adding to the pile of previous deposits and expects every penny back when he sells.

we buy for cash and we sell to our competitors on tick; milner, given and zoggie. even mancity with their billions arent paying for given until July and then its only £5.9m. (we asked for fifteen they offered five and it looks like a bad deal for the club wjhen they can only negotaite another 900k from city).

this business model seems very strange to me; any business that runs that way will be out of ready cash pretty quickly and need topups constantly why do it, unless your keeping the club debt books clear but asset high; a stroke you would pull in business if you wanted the company to appear to have a better book than it really has.