Newcastle United 1-2 Manchester United

Matty

Just realised the clanger was Ryan Taylor :lol::superman2sa2:

Yeah, at the match we all assumed it was Steven on the basis he's a complete fucking retard and does shit like this all the time, but i did notice as the game was about to restart that he (Steven) went up to Ryan and seemed to be trying to lift him as if Ryan had done it. Then some bloke who'd been for a piss and seen the replay told us it was Steven so i thought it must have been. Then MOTD said Steven as well!

But even if it wasn't him for the goal, he should have been sent off and so he would have thrown the game away and probably got us a caning, he's a fucking liability.

The thing that got me is they (MOTD) showed a shot of the goal taken from the Leazes end where you could clearly see Steven Taylor's number 27 centrally, yards from the incident. How they didn't notice this is beyond me. I guess it was a typical Saylor mistake and happened in what should have been his position. Worrying how quickly Ryan is learning the NUFC way of defence though.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very encouraging performance and I would have taken 1-2 at the start.

Sorry, that's an unbelievable statement to make, what's the point of even going to football matches if you'd settle for a loss before a ball is kicked? :superman2sa2:

I said before the match (not on here) that I expected that it would be a narrow victory to ManU - probably 1-0. I've noticed drubbings don't normally come at NUFC when you most expect them. I also said in some ways this would be the worst possible result for us because it papers over some huge cracks. I'm sure Ashley feels vindicated now and will stick with the management regime until the end. Maybe, just maybe, he might have tried to change things if we were tonked. Probably not like.

I have no doubt in my mind our better performance last night was down to the players lifting themselves for the big occassion rather than anything Hughton did. I've also no doubt we'll revert to type come the Hull game, which is now arguably our most important game in years. Also I notice people are saying we were unlucky not to get something because of Ryan Taylor's blunder. Sorry, but I think that's bollocks. Firstly, our goal came from a highly unusual blunder from Van der Sar where as Taylor's mistake typifies us. Secondly, we were playing flat out in 5th gear at 6000 rpm whereas I don't even think they were in second gear. If they'd needed another goal, they'd have got it, simple as that.

Agree that the players as usual lifted themselves for the big game but will likely be back to normal for Hul, and this is the problem, last nights efforts would see us comfortably win games against all but the best teams, that level of performance would have hammered shit teams like Bolton.

Don't agree with the end bit though, manu don't just swan around taking it easy, they play to win at all times, and also we were playing bloody well at times, so it wasn't a case of if we hadn't gifted them a goal they would have got it as and when they needed it. They might be the best team on the planet but they're not invincible and not always at their very best, and if we hadn't givent them that goal we had as much chance of a draw as they did in that game, in fact i could easilly have seen any of the 3 possible results happening.

Look at ManU's record this season and particularly recently. How many games have they won by the odd goal? It's not all down to chance and they are about as near as you can get to an invincible team. For all our improvement we lacked clear cut chances imo, so did they but I'd really expect that to change if they needed it to.

Anyway, it's all moot now, we just have to hope the performance can lift confidence which we can then translate into results where it matters. Two years ago under Roeder we had a must win game against Sheffield United which we won 2-0. The game against Hull is even more vital, looking forward to it with a sense of dread and excitement, come on you bastards!

This is what worries me, a draw against manu would have really lifted them, i just fear that a narrow defeat for all the improvement we saw won't lift them and we'll be back to normal against Hull! You're right though, there hasn't been many bigger games than the Hull match, a win there is beyond vital when you look at the two home games following it!

Guest Stevie

Sorry, that's an unbelievable statement to make, what's the point of even going to football matches if you'd settle for a loss before a ball is kicked? :superman2sa2:

I said before the match (not on here) that I expected that it would be a narrow victory to ManU - probably 1-0. I've noticed drubbings don't normally come at NUFC when you most expect them. I also said in some ways this would be the worst possible result for us because it papers over some huge cracks. I'm sure Ashley feels vindicated now and will stick with the management regime until the end. Maybe, just maybe, he might have tried to change things if we were tonked. Probably not like.

I have no doubt in my mind our better performance last night was down to the players lifting themselves for the big occassion rather than anything Hughton did. I've also no doubt we'll revert to type come the Hull game, which is now arguably our most important game in years. Also I notice people are saying we were unlucky not to get something because of Ryan Taylor's blunder. Sorry, but I think that's bollocks. Firstly, our goal came from a highly unusual blunder from Van der Sar where as Taylor's mistake typifies us. Secondly, we were playing flat out in 5th gear at 6000 rpm whereas I don't even think they were in second gear. If they'd needed another goal, they'd have got it, simple as that.

Couldn't possibly disagree more, the occasion may have aided it, but there was a clear rigid system last night, with Smith and Geremi under clear orders, there was some shape and pattern, something which has been absent since Keegan in my view.

Couldn't possibly disagree more, the occasion may have aided it, but there was a clear rigid system last night, with Smith and Geremi under clear orders, there was some shape and pattern, something which has been absent since Keegan in my view.

That's team selection and formation though, and probably born out of necessity more than anything else, but yeah, it was effective. I just personally doubt the individual improved performances are likely to be due to Hughton, but admittedly I'm basing that on what I've seen so far from him, which isn't a great deal. Like I say, the Hull game will be revealing. Does anyone know the likely status of Owen for that one btw?

It's a shame Smith's orders didn't include tracking his man and passing to Newcastle players.

The moment Smith lost the ball for their first goal, you just knew we were going to be fucked.

If he's the person everyone claims him to be I hope he's feeling embarrised by his performance last night.

As for the Raylor Saylor debate, at the game it looked like Saylor because it was the RB position but as someone else, Renton I think, pointed out Saylor was in the centre - out of fucking position again.

Definitely glad we didn't disgrace ourselves last night and we looked dangerous at times on the counter. Well Martins and Jonas did anyways. Bassong and Enrique had good games defensively as per usual. Once again we're let down by the rubbish in midfield like Smith and Geremi. Alan Smith really isn't fit to wear the shirt he barely moved all night. Don't get me started on the liability that is Steven Taylor as well btw.

I always felt though however close it was they could have easily stepped it up a couple of gears if needed.

Was quite surprised by their fans as well, I'd rank your their support as one of the best in the league easily, mainly due to the variety of songs and voice. However we didn't really here anything until yous took the lead. And do they not realise the Shearer thing was 13 years ago now? Nobody actually gives a fuck anymore.

Yeah, at the match we all assumed it was Steven on the basis he's a complete fucking retard and does shit like this all the time, but i did notice as the game was about to restart that he (Steven) went up to Ryan and seemed to be trying to lift him as if Ryan had done it. Then some bloke who'd been for a piss and seen the replay told us it was Steven so i thought it must have been. Then MOTD said Steven as well!

But even if it wasn't him for the goal, he should have been sent off and so he would have thrown the game away and probably got us a caning, he's a fucking liability.

If Shearer has done it you would be spunking man. The lad cant win

Just realised the clanger was Ryan Taylor B):superman2sa2:

:lol: Although I don't think that's the case anyway, Shearer was hard for start. The comparisons only get more ridiculous from there on in.

It's called using your head. Something which he never does. The fact we're down the barebones as it is, and he does things like this in every game (clattering Reina for example) to more than likely play to the crowd is pathetic. He's also a coward for the way he ran away straight after that tackle as well last night.

Sorry, that's an unbelievable statement to make, what's the point of even going to football matches if you'd settle for a loss before a ball is kicked? :lol:

Agree that the players as usual lifted themselves for the big game but will likely be back to normal for Hul, and this is the problem, last nights efforts would see us comfortably win games against all but the best teams, that level of performance would have hammered shit teams like Bolton.

Don't agree with the end bit though, manu don't just swan around taking it easy, they play to win at all times, and also we were playing bloody well at times, so it wasn't a case of if we hadn't gifted them a goal they would have got it as and when they needed it. They might be the best team on the planet but they're not invincible and not always at their very best, and if we hadn't givent them that goal we had as much chance of a draw as they did in that game, in fact i could easilly have seen any of the 3 possible results happening.

Look at ManU's record this season and particularly recently. How many games have they won by the odd goal? It's not all down to chance and they are about as near as you can get to an invincible team. For all our improvement we lacked clear cut chances imo, so did they but I'd really expect that to change if they needed it to.

Anyway, it's all moot now, we just have to hope the performance can lift confidence which we can then translate into results where it matters. Two years ago under Roeder we had a must win game against Sheffield United which we won 2-0. The game against Hull is even more vital, looking forward to it with a sense of dread and excitement, come on you bastards!

Martins had a very good chance to make it two nil and would have had another had it not been for Vidic's foul. Taylor and Enrique also knocked a couple of excellent balls in that if we'd had a goalscorrer like Owen on would very possibly resulted in a goal. They didn't create a lot of other chances either so I don't understand how anyone can say that if we hadn't gifted them the goal they got they would have just scored another. I agree they are a class team and always were likely to win but I can objectively say we matched them last night and deserved at least a draw. If I wasn't being objective I would say Vidic should have been sent off for his challenge on Martins :superman2sa2:

Anyhow I hope we have showed ourselves just how well we can play and put in something similar against Hull and for the rest of the season. However I fully expect us to go back to normal as soon as. But it was nice to come away from a game not feeling pissed off and embarassed at how shite we are for a change. Shame it was such a shitter to see the Hull and Stoke scores.

Just realised the clanger was Ryan Taylor B):superman2sa2:

:lol:

Yeah, theres nothing i like more toon players moronically throwing games away. In clinging to some desperate attempt to hid the fact your about the only person left who thinks Taylor is anything other than shite, you are talking complete and utter bollocks.

Admit you're wrong, he's shite and that's the reason i'm having a go at him, or you're looking like a complete tool. Or go and find a load of posts by me spunking over Shearer when he's whacked somebody round the neck and should have been sent off.

And anyway Shearer has a brain so wasn't likely to do that was he, he'd do what he did to Keane which is wind him up, stand back and watch the fun with the rest of us when he loses it.

Fergie relief as Taylor escapes ban

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is relieved Newcastle's Steven Taylor will face no punishment for his tackle on Cristiano Ronaldo.

Ferguson thought Taylor would be brought to account by the Football Association for charging straight through the back of Ronaldo during Wednesday's Premier League encounter.

Instead, referee Steve Bennett only deemed it a yellow card offence when he watched the incident again, clearing Taylor to maintain his presence in Newcastle's relegation fight.

Ferguson might be a bit bemused about the intricacies of the disciplinary system, but as Premier League title rivals Chelsea and top-four battlers Arsenal are among Newcastle's next three opponents, the United boss is happy that Taylor is involved.

"The disciplinary situation does confuse you at times," he said.

"No-one is really clear about it. But in actual fact we did not want the boy suspended because now he can play against Chelsea and Arsenal.

"In Newcastle's position, with the injuries they have at the moment, it would have been devastating for them to lose that player. I am not really upset about it at all."

Ferguson also agrees it has not been a good week for incidents that have involved Ronaldo, as the FIFA World Player of the Year was also harshly booked for diving during the Carling Cup final at Wembley on Sunday.

It has led to Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger claiming there is a bit of arrogance about the 24-year-old, which makes him a target.

Ferguson preferred not to get embroiled in an argument with Wenger, feeling there was some legitimacy to his comments, dismissing the suggestion 'arrogance' within a top level footballer is a bad thing.

"What Arsene said was it appears like arrogance," said Ferguson.

"There is a difference and I can understand what he is saying.

"When a player expresses himself in such an entertaining way, defenders don't enjoy it.

"It was exactly the same when George Best was a player.

"It is not so much that they are prepared to do what they do, it is that they are encouraged to do it.

"That is the great asset Ronaldo holds. He has this wonderful courage. He just wants to entertain and do something good with the ball."

:superman2sa2:

Fergie relief as Taylor escapes ban

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is relieved Newcastle's Steven Taylor will face no punishment for his tackle on Cristiano Ronaldo.

Ferguson thought Taylor would be brought to account by the Football Association for charging straight through the back of Ronaldo during Wednesday's Premier League encounter.

Instead, referee Steve Bennett only deemed it a yellow card offence when he watched the incident again, clearing Taylor to maintain his presence in Newcastle's relegation fight.

Ferguson might be a bit bemused about the intricacies of the disciplinary system, but as Premier League title rivals Chelsea and top-four battlers Arsenal are among Newcastle's next three opponents, the United boss is happy that Taylor is involved.

"The disciplinary situation does confuse you at times," he said.

"No-one is really clear about it. But in actual fact we did not want the boy suspended because now he can play against Chelsea and Arsenal.

"In Newcastle's position, with the injuries they have at the moment, it would have been devastating for them to lose that player. I am not really upset about it at all."

Ferguson also agrees it has not been a good week for incidents that have involved Ronaldo, as the FIFA World Player of the Year was also harshly booked for diving during the Carling Cup final at Wembley on Sunday.

It has led to Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger claiming there is a bit of arrogance about the 24-year-old, which makes him a target.

Ferguson preferred not to get embroiled in an argument with Wenger, feeling there was some legitimacy to his comments, dismissing the suggestion 'arrogance' within a top level footballer is a bad thing.

"What Arsene said was it appears like arrogance," said Ferguson.

"There is a difference and I can understand what he is saying.

"When a player expresses himself in such an entertaining way, defenders don't enjoy it.

"It was exactly the same when George Best was a player.

"It is not so much that they are prepared to do what they do, it is that they are encouraged to do it.

"That is the great asset Ronaldo holds. He has this wonderful courage. He just wants to entertain and do something good with the ball."

:superman2sa2:

I bet you don't. :lol: