Newcastle United 1-2 Manchester United

Matty

I could only catch the first half of this match and i was so inspired to see newcastle actually playing football. Holding the ball the best ive seen in a couple of matches. Shame it all counted for nothing but i hope the players take a lot from the game, the first half in particular.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stevie

There's three things here. 1) Hughton is a mug 2) Smith is one of the worst five players I've seen in a black and white shirt 3) Geremi is like an old man and his passing is abysmal.

Right despite that and I wish he wasn't here, I think Hughton's tactics last night were absolutely spot on. Having the two sitting in midfield, no matter how shit they are, meant we were never going to get totally over run, and it allowed more freedom for Jonas, and Ryan Taylor. You might say it was due to injuries and suspensions his hand was forced, regardless the formation was spot on.

Man Utd's away crowd were wank, best away fans my cock, English, European and World Champions, and the best they can muster are a muted few u n i t e d united are the team for me's, wanks.

Anyone else have a few sheckles on Lovenkrands for first goal at 10/1 :icon_lol:

There's three things here. 1) Hughton is a mug 2) Smith is one of the worst five players I've seen in a black and white shirt 3) Geremi is like an old man and his passing is abysmal.

Right despite that and I wish he wasn't here, I think Hughton's tactics last night were absolutely spot on. Having the two sitting in midfield, no matter how shit they are, meant we were never going to get totally over run, and it allowed more freedom for Jonas, and Ryan Taylor. You might say it was due to injuries and suspensions his hand was forced, regardless the formation was spot on.

Man Utd's away crowd were wank, best away fans my cock, English, European and World Champions, and the best they can muster are a muted few u n i t e d united are the team for me's, wanks.

Anyone else have a few sheckles on Lovenkrands for first goal at 10/1 :icon_lol:

Played Stevie :icon_lol:

Aye, I think Hughton's tactics were spot on too. I think we should just have a go in all our remaining games anyway (especially if we have a bit of pace in the side like we did last night). Although fear might play a role in carrying that out. Ironically there was no fear of Man Utd because we expected to lose anyway. But we need wins now, battling draws are of little use.

Everybody got it wrong!

Even BBC this morning!

MOTD made it look like him too. It went straight to a picture of him. I wasn't at the game. I stand by what I said like :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

I wasn't there either, bit too ill.

But I watched it and it looked like S.Taylor purely because of the chest back.

Ryan obviously hasn't got the hang of it yet :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

I wasn't there either, bit too ill.

But I watched it and it looked like S.Taylor purely because of the chest back.

Ryan obviously hasn't got the hang of it yet :icon_lol:

Thought we might get a result because they seem to play better when I'm not there.

They even said it was him in the post-match comments didn't they? Because they said he shouldn't have been on the pitch anyway after the daftness just before half-time.

Yeh they said it was him post match on MOTD.

I don't know what the fuck he thought he was doing with Ronaldo like, he must be the worst person to actually fowl, he hit his neck and he went down clutching his face.

And then there's the tunnel incident...

Yeh they said it was him post match on MOTD.

I don't know what the fuck he thought he was doing with Ronaldo like, he must be the worst person to actually fowl, he hit his neck and he went down clutching his face.

And then there's the tunnel incident...

Then he had a wild lunge at the other Man Utd player. I like to see players get stuck in etc. but that's just stupid. If he'd gone it could have been a cricket score. In a way last night wasn't then end of the world as it could well come down to goal difference. Lets hope not though.

That's what I took quarter from last night - the fact we didn't get totally lashed and played with pride. This season we have a point from Man U and a goal difference of -1. Last season we had 0 points and a goal difference of -10, including a 45 minute 6-0 humiliation.

To be fair Ronaldo was kept out of the game.

It was Lawro and Shearer.

Shearer is worried we will go down, Lawro says we will be fine.

Ah well then... dunno why we're all worrying!

Edited by Matty

Very encouraging performance and I would have taken 1-2 at the start.

Sorry, that's an unbelievable statement to make, what's the point of even going to football matches if you'd settle for a loss before a ball is kicked? :superman2sa2:

I said before the match (not on here) that I expected that it would be a narrow victory to ManU - probably 1-0. I've noticed drubbings don't normally come at NUFC when you most expect them. I also said in some ways this would be the worst possible result for us because it papers over some huge cracks. I'm sure Ashley feels vindicated now and will stick with the management regime until the end. Maybe, just maybe, he might have tried to change things if we were tonked. Probably not like.

I have no doubt in my mind our better performance last night was down to the players lifting themselves for the big occassion rather than anything Hughton did. I've also no doubt we'll revert to type come the Hull game, which is now arguably our most important game in years. Also I notice people are saying we were unlucky not to get something because of Ryan Taylor's blunder. Sorry, but I think that's bollocks. Firstly, our goal came from a highly unusual blunder from Van der Sar where as Taylor's mistake typifies us. Secondly, we were playing flat out in 5th gear at 6000 rpm whereas I don't even think they were in second gear. If they'd needed another goal, they'd have got it, simple as that.

Sorry, that's an unbelievable statement to make, what's the point of even going to football matches if you'd settle for a loss before a ball is kicked? :superman2sa2:

I said before the match (not on here) that I expected that it would be a narrow victory to ManU - probably 1-0. I've noticed drubbings don't normally come at NUFC when you most expect them. I also said in some ways this would be the worst possible result for us because it papers over some huge cracks. I'm sure Ashley feels vindicated now and will stick with the management regime until the end. Maybe, just maybe, he might have tried to change things if we were tonked. Probably not like.

I have no doubt in my mind our better performance last night was down to the players lifting themselves for the big occassion rather than anything Hughton did. I've also no doubt we'll revert to type come the Hull game, which is now arguably our most important game in years. Also I notice people are saying we were unlucky not to get something because of Ryan Taylor's blunder. Sorry, but I think that's bollocks. Firstly, our goal came from a highly unusual blunder from Van der Sar where as Taylor's mistake typifies us. Secondly, we were playing flat out in 5th gear at 6000 rpm whereas I don't even think they were in second gear. If they'd needed another goal, they'd have got it, simple as that.

Agree that the players as usual lifted themselves for the big game but will likely be back to normal for Hul, and this is the problem, last nights efforts would see us comfortably win games against all but the best teams, that level of performance would have hammered shit teams like Bolton.

Don't agree with the end bit though, manu don't just swan around taking it easy, they play to win at all times, and also we were playing bloody well at times, so it wasn't a case of if we hadn't gifted them a goal they would have got it as and when they needed it. They might be the best team on the planet but they're not invincible and not always at their very best, and if we hadn't givent them that goal we had as much chance of a draw as they did in that game, in fact i could easilly have seen any of the 3 possible results happening.

Just realised the clanger was Ryan Taylor :lol::superman2sa2:

Yeah, at the match we all assumed it was Steven on the basis he's a complete fucking retard and does shit like this all the time, but i did notice as the game was about to restart that he (Steven) went up to Ryan and seemed to be trying to lift him as if Ryan had done it. Then some bloke who'd been for a piss and seen the replay told us it was Steven so i thought it must have been. Then MOTD said Steven as well!

But even if it wasn't him for the goal, he should have been sent off and so he would have thrown the game away and probably got us a caning, he's a fucking liability.

Agree that the players as usual lifted themselves for the big game but will likely be back to normal for Hul, and this is the problem, last nights efforts would see us comfortably win games against all but the best teams, that level of performance would have hammered shit teams like Bolton.

Don't agree with the end bit though, manu don't just swan around taking it easy, they play to win at all times, and also we were playing bloody well at times, so it wasn't a case of if we hadn't gifted them a goal they would have got it as and when they needed it. They might be the best team on the planet but they're not invincible and not always at their very best, and if we hadn't givent them that goal we had as much chance of a draw as they did in that game, in fact i could easilly have seen any of the 3 possible results happening.

Look at ManU's record this season and particularly recently. How many games have they won by the odd goal? It's not all down to chance and they are about as near as you can get to an invincible team. For all our improvement we lacked clear cut chances imo, so did they but I'd really expect that to change if they needed it to.

Anyway, it's all moot now, we just have to hope the performance can lift confidence which we can then translate into results where it matters. Two years ago under Roeder we had a must win game against Sheffield United which we won 2-0. The game against Hull is even more vital, looking forward to it with a sense of dread and excitement, come on you bastards!