Newcastle United 1-2 Manchester United

Matty

If I were Hughton I'd slam Steven fucking Taylor and tell him he can fuck off and go playing with Titus & the French cunt at Wigan. Totally pathetic. Cost us a very, very precious point.

Pleased with the performance though.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And it was another blunder - this time by Ryan Taylor - who slipped and allowed Ji-Sung Park to square for Dimitar Berbatov to slam in the winner.

Nice one. BBC.

Very encouraging performance and I would have taken 1-2 at the start.

eh? :icon_lol:

You'd have "settled" for no points? :icon_lol:

I would have taken -1 on the goal difference.

That sounds like an Allardyce team talk. :icon_lol:

Last season we came out with a goal difference of -10 from our games against Man U.

Get some perspective, anything but a demoralising drubbing is a bonus.

It's ZERO points.

We have zero momentum, no manager, our best player has fucked off and a run of games that will see us in the bottom three.

What perspective?

Very encouraging performance and I would have taken 1-2 at the start.

eh? :icon_lol:

You'd have "settled" for no points? :icon_lol:

I would have taken -1 on the goal difference.

That sounds like an Allardyce team talk. :icon_lol:

what was your minimum expectation over 2 games against united this season?

They played 2 hours of football on sunday. If we'd have nicked a draw then fair enough. We can't drop points against the shit teams, then not take our chances because psychologically we don't expect anything from the big teams either.

We are really really fucked.

Edited by Asprilla

My 'view from the pub' ratings...

Harper (7) - Did little wrong. One particularly good save.

Saylor (4) - Fuck off you daft little scrote. He was getting wanked over in the pub for his little tet-a-tet with Ronaldo at the end of the second half which annoyed the fuck out of me consdering he did little else.

Colo (7) - Played well barring his hand waving antics for their second. Wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference had he not slowed, like.

Bassong (8) - MOTM. He'll be away at the end of the season at this rate.

Enrique (7) - Another decent performance barring one or two misplaced crosses. Works well with Jonas.

Raylor (5) - His set pieces are average and he provides little in midfield. I'm beginning to think his performances against us were flukes.

Geremi (6) - Did very little but when he did show his face he wasn't a complete horror show.

Smith (4) - Nicky Butt-lite. Needs to stop mouthing off at referees when he fouls someone.

Jonas (7) - Caused a tonne of trouble in the first half but went missing in the second when we reverted to wellying it through the middle.

Martins (6) - Puts himself about but no end product. The one time his first touch didn't see the ball bounce away from him he got off a decent shot.

Lovenkrands (6) - Did little apart from his goal but still a decent show.

Good performance, but it means fuck all in the grand scheme of things. Man United were poor tonight and had we been on the ball we could've got a point. The way we reverted to hoofing the ball during the second half was awful to watch.

Edited by Ketsbaia

What were your realistic expectations then?

I expected a shite performance and 4 to 6 nil thrashing.

It's the same end result.

As I said in the other post, if we'd have scraped a draw against a team that just played a long cup final then fine. But we didn't. We aren't picking up those slivers of luck and we're convincing ourselves that not getting tonked is something positive.

I'd rather they thrashed us and we picked up points against teams like Bolton.

Edited by Asprilla

My 'view from the pub' ratings...

Harper (7) - Did little wrong. One particularly good save.

Saylor (4) - Fuck off you daft little scrote. He was getting wanked over in the pub for his little tet-a-tet with Ronaldo at the end of the second half which annoyed the fuck out of me consdering he did little else.

Colo (7) - Played well barring his hand waving antics for their second. Wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference had he not slowed, like.

Bassong (8) - MOTM. He'll be away at the end of the season at this rate.

Enrique (7) - Another decent performance barring one or two misplaced crosses. Works well with Jonas.

Raylor (5) - His set pieces are average and he provides little in midfield. I'm beginning to think his performances against us were flukes.

Geremi (6) - Did very little but when he did show his face he wasn't a complete horror show.

Smith (4) - Nicky Butt-lite. Needs to stop mouthing off at referees when he fouls someone.

Jonas (7) - Caused a tonne of trouble in the first half but went missing in the second when we reverted to wellying it through the middle.

Martins (6) - Puts himself about but no end product. The one time his first touch didn't see the ball bounce away from him he got off a decent shot.

Lovenkrands (6) - Did little apart from his goal but still a decent show.

Good performance, but it means fuck all in the grand scheme of things. Man United were poor tonight and had we been on the ball we could've got a point. The way we reverted to hoofing the ball during the second half was awful to watch.

Very good appraisal IMO. Would only really argue with Jonas 7 because as usual the last pass / cross / whatever fell apart. 5

Ran his arse off and created the goal, so 7.

I've also got to point out that anyone, whether it be on here or N-O, who claims Martins is a better fucking player than Owen will get a beating by moi. He's not and he never will be.

I've also got to point out that anyone, whether it be on here or N-O, who claims Martins is a better fucking player than Owen will get a beating by moi. He's not and he never will be.

amen brother :icon_lol:

Headless chicken running with no end result and lets be fair, a gift from the goalie parrying a week shot so 5

Very impressed how quick you were with the reply tho.

Christmas tree, you're a wanker.

Enrique MOTM in my opinion. Bassong was good again, but it was Enrique who shone. Very good on the ball, made one bad cross where he hit it first time when he should have taken a touch, but otherwise was outstanding. Saved our bacon on numerous occassions including one time where Bassong was plainly stood up by a Manchester United forward. His pace came in extremely handy in him getting back to prevent the break away, and his strength on the ball meant that when he did get back he always kept the ball. He was an 8 or 9 IMO. Can't ask for more from a fullback as he also put a couple of very dangerous balls into the box, linking up with Jonas impressively on many occassions.

You're right, but they're completely different players. Martins uses his pace and power, where-as Owen is a smarter player positioning himself in the right places to score. I'd take Martins athleticism and power with Owen's positioning, first touch and finishing. Neither of their injury records thanks. Even though they're both short they could work well together IMO. Martins troubles defenders when he's on the ball as he can pull a shot off from nothing, from just about any distance. Owen is a better player when he's off the ball, except when he's putting the final touch in for a goal/shot of course.

Edited by OzToonFan

Watching their second, Taylor makes a gesture telling someone to calm down. Either Steve Harper who was rushing out his goal, Coloccini who was under no real pressure or Ryan Taylor who was out on the deck. Maybe he was telling Berbatov to calm down before picking his spot. Surprised he didn't point a corner out for him.

Just got in from work...From what I can tell, we could have easily achieved a point from this had it not been from a mistake?

Anyway, I am starting to get even more worried, but am slightly calmed by Portsmouth's game in hand being against United. Probably won't mean anything after we have faced Chelsea/Arsenal, but I think we all know the key games we must win (so I won't bother posting them again!)