What will happen if News Corp hit financial trouble?

Park Life

In all honesty I don't think I'd care much. We're nowhere NEAR winning anything so the thrills and spills of the money part of it are irrelevant to us. It's not like the money is funding some shit hot squad and we're thinking of Champions League games again.

It would mean more Saturday 3pm kick offs and fewer rearranged games which is one of the biggest kicks in the balls to loyal travelling fans.

There are some big players in the PL with serious gearing issues regarding debt. :lol:

The grapevine says News Corp are in the beginnings of a cash crisis, partly bought on by the purchase of The Wall street journal who's revenues have tanked.

Our debt actually doesn't look so bad compared to some.

In all honesty I don't think I'd care much. We're nowhere NEAR winning anything so the thrills and spills of the money part of it are irrelevant to us. It's not like the money is funding some shit hot squad and we're thinking of Champions League games again.

It would mean more Saturday 3pm kick offs and fewer rearranged games which is one of the biggest kicks in the balls to loyal travelling fans.

I'm thinking Liv and Arsenal will have serious issues without current levels of Sky money. :lol:

Ashley would become the Messiah as other clubs reliant on the TV money sank like a stone and we clawed our way back up.

Perhaps in all his madness their is by accident some kind of saving grace. :lol:

I'm thinking Liv and Arsenal will have serious issues without current levels of Sky money. :lol:

Man Utd would be fucked.

I imagine Blatter and Platini would be cock in hand over the PL potentially hitting the buffers.

If league matches go back on terrestrial tv though, is Elton Welsby still around to present to the nation?

Aren't they tanking due to the drop off in advertising?

Newspaper prices are through the roof and I can see papers going under. But the way I see it Sky remains a succesful brand based on subscriptions, rather than advertising revenue.

Worst comes to the worst, News Corp would sell on the succesful brand and the unsuccesful ones would fold.

Or am I simple in the head?

Guest Stevie

I think it would be great news for us. Football clubs status and league position over a long period of time would be more reflective of the size of their true fanbase in my opinion, because that's where the income generation would mainly come from again, and we all know who was the second biggest club in the mid 90s on that basis.

I think it would be great news for us. Football clubs status and league position over a long period of time would be more reflective of the size of their true fanbase in my opinion, because that's where the income generation would mainly come from again, and we all know who was the second biggest club in the mid 90s on that basis.

That is why I greeted info reg News Corps cash problems with a big smile. :lol:

Shirley if revenue from sky dried up then the premier league would be free to negotiate with someone else.

might also be an opportunity to set up the euro super league - lots of revenue there i would imagine.

Shirley if revenue from sky dried up then the premier league would be free to negotiate with someone else.

might also be an opportunity to set up the euro super league - lots of revenue there i would imagine.

and just who in the world has the cash to blow on the PL?

Anyone with cash can buy whatever they like - they don't have to "promote" anything

The euro super league is the biggest bluff on the planet. First fifa would bar any players in it from appearing for their countrys. Second fans would get bored playing the same 11 clubs over and over. Third to go from playing in the premier with all its games which create revenue plus champions league to just play essentially in the champions league would be a huge drop in revenue. I reckon its time to call some bluffs on it.

Seriously Parky get the bong out of your hand marra.

The chances of News limited tanking are so slight you need to find a better quality ganja to believe it will turn that cunt Ashley and his merry band of twats into the saviour of our club.

News limited is set up as complex set of business and you can bet big Rup won't be brought down by one failing publication.

Roll another j and move on.

It's coming baby, the darkness will unfold. Taking 3 of the top four with it ideally.

I predicted the end of the $ and the finance markets over a year ago. :):lol::):lol:

Edited by Park Life

On the flip side people might be deciding that staying in more will save them money, meaning sky will get ever greater viewers.

Setanta will fall by the wayside meaning Sky has even less competition strengthening its hand.

The big four will continue to progress to the latter stages of the CL, causing them to get further away from the rest of the Prem and Europe.

Eventually the will join a Europa Soopa League with Man City and the rest of us will be second class citizens.

All the dickheads who go and watch football now will hopefully fuck off back to the rugby or cricket and we can have our game back.

Reasonable prices to watch British and Irish players play football...the way it should be.

I personally would be very pleased if football hit the buffers. The whole match going experience was better in the 1970's and 1980's.

So far as NUFC, we were a shit bunch of 2nd raters run by clueless amateurs back then and are heading back to it, so its pretty much irrelevant.

Sky TV goes bust, Setanta goes bust too, play games at 3pm saturdays. Decide to go to an away game on the morning of the match and pay at the gate. Marvellous.

"The News Corporation, the media empire controlled by Mr. Murdoch, said Thursday that it lost $6.4 billion in its second quarter as profit fell sharply at its television and movie units. The company also took a large write-down of $8.4 billion, about $3 billion of which reflected a decline in the value of the company’s newspaper unit, which includes Dow Jones, the publisher of The Wall Street Journal. Many media analysts believed that News Corp. overpaid when it bought Dow Jones just over a year ago for about $5 billion, and the write-down indicates that it lost significant value."

I personally would be very pleased if football hit the buffers. The whole match going experience was better in the 1970's and 1980's.

So basically, the pre Halls and Shepherd era was better....is that what you're saying??

:lol:

So basically, the pre Halls and Shepherd era was better....is that what you're saying??

glad you put the smiley............. :lol:

glad you put the smiley............. :)

Better safe than sorry in our happy little corner of the internets. :):lol: