Official Match thread: Newcastle United Vs Arsenal

Jimbo

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a slight hope that we can nick a winner with Owen coming on at some point. If he is going to play like he did at Hull, though, then I'm not interested.

Taylor has saved 2 certain goals and one great block by Harper.

Why let the most inconsistant striker of a ball take the penalty??

Nolan used to take the pens for Bolton didn't he?

So far I'm happy with the commitment and the chances created. Duff has acually re-discovered running forward with the ball. Lov seems to be darting

about all over the place and a little unlucky not to score.

Need to keep it together for the first 10 when we come out.

Taylor's blocks have been great. In particular the second one. Shows just how dangerous Arsenal can be that we've had all the possession in their half, yet they have still managed to have 3 gilt-edged chances. Great instinctive save from Harper. Duff has played pretty well IMO. Shame that he's up against Sagna who has him covered for pace, but even still he's doing better than I had expected.

Nicky Butt is completely anonymous out there. Even the commentators gave him a blast saying that he looked tired. The fact that he can look tired without having appeared to do anything much is worrying. If we make any tactical changes I would replace Butt with Owen and have Owen sit in behind the pace of Martins and Lovenkrands.

Taylor's blocks have been great. In particular the second one. Shows just how dangerous Arsenal can be that we've had all the possession in their half, yet they have still managed to have 3 gilt-edged chances. Great instinctive save from Harper. Duff has played pretty well IMO. Shame that he's up against Sagna who has him covered for pace, but even still he's doing better than I had expected.

Nicky Butt is completely anonymous out there. Even the commentators gave him a blast saying that he looked tired. The fact that he can look tired without having appeared to do anything much is worrying. If we make any tactical changes I would replace Butt with Owen and have Owen sit in behind the pace of Martins and Lovenkrands.

Butt has been a disgrace for quite some time now.

HOW THE FUCK CAN THE PREMIER LEAGUE LET THINGS LIKE THIS GO ON!? Jesus, they should at least stop the game until we have the chance to bring someone on..

Down.... down... we're going down :(

To only bring Owen on as a result of an injury is a massive fucking insult.

Goodbye Michael, goodbye Premiership....