Official Match thread: Newcastle United Vs Arsenal

Jimbo

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's ok everyone, here comes Shola.

And not to fear... we've got another 3 years of paying his salary! Bet he regrets rejecting that move to Stoke now - what was he saying about wanting Premiership football next season?

West Brom, Boro and ourselves - it's nailed on IMO.

Current table:

Barclays Premier League

Team P Pts Goal

Diff Goals

Scored Current

Score

Man Utd 29 65 31 49 0-2 FT v Fulham

Chelsea 30 61 32 49 0-1 FT v Tottenham

Liverpool 29 61 28 49

Arsenal 30 55 21 48 3-1 v Newcastle

Aston Villa 29 52 12 43

Everton 30 48 9 40 1-2 FT v Portsmouth

West Ham 30 41 0 35 1-1 FT v Blackburn

Fulham 30 40 4 30 2-0 FT v Man Utd

Tottenham 30 38 2 36 1-0 FT v Chelsea

Wigan 29 38 1 29

Man City 29 35 8 45

Bolton 30 34 -12 32 1-1 FT v West Brom

Hull 29 33 -16 35

Sunderland 29 32 -9 29

Portsmouth 29 32 -14 32 2-1 FT v Everton

Stoke 30 32 -18 29 1-0 FT v Middlesbrough

Blackburn 30 31 -16 33 1-1 FT v West Ham

Newcastle 30 29 -13 36 1-3 v Arsenal

Middlesbrough 30 27 -21 21 0-1 FT v Stoke

West Brom 30 24 -29 26 1-1 FT v Bolton

Current table:

Barclays Premier League

Team P Pts Goal

Diff Goals

Scored Current

Score

Man Utd 29 65 31 49 0-2 FT v Fulham

Chelsea 30 61 32 49 0-1 FT v Tottenham

Liverpool 29 61 28 49

Arsenal 30 55 21 48 3-1 v Newcastle

Aston Villa 29 52 12 43

Everton 30 48 9 40 1-2 FT v Portsmouth

West Ham 30 41 0 35 1-1 FT v Blackburn

Fulham 30 40 4 30 2-0 FT v Man Utd

Tottenham 30 38 2 36 1-0 FT v Chelsea

Wigan 29 38 1 29

Man City 29 35 8 45

Bolton 30 34 -12 32 1-1 FT v West Brom

Hull 29 33 -16 35

Sunderland 29 32 -9 29

Portsmouth 29 32 -14 32 2-1 FT v Everton

Stoke 30 32 -18 29 1-0 FT v Middlesbrough

Blackburn 30 31 -16 33 1-1 FT v West Ham

Newcastle 30 29 -13 36 1-3 v Arsenal

Middlesbrough 30 27 -21 21 0-1 FT v Stoke

West Brom 30 24 -29 26 1-1 FT v Bolton

Fuck off with that bloody depressing table, I know why you're doing it.

Ok. Regardless of how close the first half was and how optimistic it made me, the outcome of this game isn't surprising. This was a game NUFC should lose and we did. That isn't what concerns me.

What concerns me is this whole not-starting-Owen thing. I get that Clipboard wants to try and "save" his best scorer, but we're not in 7th place coasting in, we're in fucking 17th! Every point we get from here on out could be the difference between staying up and going down. So if you don't owe it to the faithful to field the best fucking side you can, if you don't feel you owe it to the season ticket holders, at LEAST have the fucking sense to realize that RELEGATION IS A VERY REAL POSSIBILITY AT THIS POINT! For fuck's sake! Do they know when the season ends?

The other thing that concerns me obviously is that we lost our two best defenders of late today. Never thought I'd be saying that about STaylor, but there it is. He was class against Hull and he was class today.

On the bright side, Harps played a helluva match today. Good lord. Score could've very easily been 5 or 6-1 without Harper (and STaylor).

What was the story on Jonas not playing? Did he get injured in training and I missed it?

RTaylor commits way too many silly fouls.

On a final note- is it just me or does Colocinni seem to be getting worse as the season goes on? Is he playing hurt or something? He doesn't look the same as he did back in October or November.

Edited by Cid_MCDP

For Fucks Sake!

How long do you think we'll be in the lower division?

High marks to Martins for missing the penalty.

High marks to the ones who let him take it.

High marks to all the lads who played well in the 1st half and self-destructed in the 2nd.

High marks to Ashley for allowing Keegan to get away.

High marks to anyone who thinks we'd be in this predicament if Keegan was still here.

High marks to Hughton for realizing that when you are 3 - 1 down and time is running out the right thing to do is put the energetic, dynamic, work-horse Amoeba into the fray to save us.

For Fucks Sake!

High marks to all the lads who played well in the 1st half and self-destructed in the 2nd.

High marks to anyone who thinks we'd be in this predicament if Keegan was still here.

High marks to Hughton for realizing that when you are 3 - 1 down and time is running out the right thing to do is put the energetic, dynamic, work-horse Amoeba into the fray to save us.

Only two people at fault for our situation, Ashley and Llambias.

For Fucks Sake!

Seriously! Let Nolan PK? Hell, let STaylor take the fucking PK!

High marks also to Shola for that lame attempt straight into the GK there late.

Noelie, you live stateside, does the Arsenal GK remind you of that douche from the TGIFriday's commercials? :(

Edited by Cid_MCDP

Taylor going off injured seemed to have a massive effect on the team today.

He showed more passion today than Ive ever seen from any player in a long time, he was really driving the team on and was one of the main reasons we were playing as well as we were.

Coloccini was absolutely horrendous and I'm seriously getting worried about him now, i wouldnt say hes been any better than Bramble or Boumsong overall this season.

In the games such as Stoke, Portsmouth, Tottenham, Aston Villa, Fulham we need to come out and play like we did today (but with Jonas & Owen starting :() if we manage to do that then i think we have a decent chance of staying up, but after all this is Newcastle United, nothing is ever written in stone. I refuse to accept that we are going down :(

Anyway player ratings today:

Harper 6/10

Beye 7/10

STaylor 8/10

Coloccini 2/10

Enrique 7/10

RTaylor 4/10

Butt 5/10

Nolan 6/10

Duff 7/10

Martins 7/10

Lovenkrands 5/10

Next game i'd like us to play IF POSSIBLE:

Harper

STaylor Beye Bassong Enrique

Guthrie Nolan Jonas

Lovenkrands

Owen Martins

I wouldn't have given Colloccini 2/10 - it would be in the minus area - he ran around looking like sideshow bob with no discernible footballing ability whatsoever - absolute joke he should be thoroughly ashamed of that display but as with the rest of the team i am sure he will collect his paycheck without even the slightest twinge of guilt

I wouldn't have given Colloccini 2/10 - it would be in the minus area - he ran around looking like sideshow bob with no discernible footballing ability whatsoever - absolute joke he should be thoroughly ashamed of that display but as with the rest of the team i am sure he will collect his paycheck without even the slightest twinge of guilt

It was only 2 instead of 1 because he made a good block in the first half, he really was utterly wank today like. every single cross, through ball etc... he was completely in no mans land, nowhere near anyone!

Its like when you play football in school and theres that one skinny scared kid who never gets stuck in. Only with better hair. :(

It was only 2 instead of 1 because he made a good block in the first half, he really was utterly wank today like. every single cross, through ball etc... he was completely in no mans land, nowhere near anyone!

Its like when you play football in school and theres that one skinny scared kid who never gets stuck in. Only with better hair. :(

Exactly - I don't think i have ever watched a central defender with less positional sense than him - he made taylor look like fuckin beckenbauer - consistently in the wrong place at the wrong time and couldn't even be arsed to try - pathetic - the likes of the two taylors and enrique may not have the talent but i think Colloccini commits the greater sin of not giving a toss

Night dudes, I'm off to bed for an anger-wank.

Urgh - They are almost as bad as drunken ones.

Anyway, I think Habib Beye is more worthy of being in my avy now. The guy is awesome, and if he can play that well on his first game back, you have to wonder what is stopping Owen..

Night dudes, I'm off to bed for an anger-wank.

Urgh - They are almost as bad as drunken ones.

Anyway, I think Habib Beye is more worthy of being in my avy now. The guy is awesome, and if he can play that well on his first game back, you have to wonder what is stopping Owen..

He wasnt all that amazing like... still better than most i suppose

To be honest if poor man's Dawson was on the pitch we wouldn't have conceded when we did, especially if Euromillions Sebastian didn't get injured :(