Bank Boss home attacked.

Park Life

In an email sent to local newspapers, the group called for bank bosses to be jailed and warned: "This is just the beginning".

The attack saw the windows of Sir Fred's home, in Edinburgh's upmarket Morningside area, smashed, along with those of a dark-coloured Mercedes S600 saloon parked in the driveway.

Sir Fred is understood to be abroad and the attack is believed to have been reported to police by a member of his household staff at 4.35am on Wednesday morning.

Minutes afterwards, an email was sent by a woman using the name Moira McLeod and the address bankbossesarecriminals@mail.com.

The email read: "Fred Goodwins house in Edinburgh, was attacked this morning.

"We are angry that rich people, like him, are paying themselves a huge amount of money, and living in luxury, while ordinary people are made unemployed, destitute and homeless.

"This is a crime. Bank bosses should be jailed.

"This is just the beginning."

Sir Fred was subject to heavy criticism after refusing to give up any of his £700,000-a-year pension, awarded after he stepped down following the disatrous acquisition of Dutch rival bank ABN Amro which saw RBS bailed out by the taxpayer.

Good.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good

heard on 5 live this morning a bloke rang up

"his cars been taken by the police for forensic investigation, my cars been vandalised 3 times and all I've had is a crime number to give the insurance company"

ridiculous the treatment this twat is getting despite clearly being a massive wanker

As Father Dougal McGuire would say, down with this sort of thing.

Mindless, yobbish, thug behaviour like this turns my stomach. Yes, the cunt is a disgrace, but doing this sort of thing is no better imo.

Got off lightly imo.

In an email sent to local newspapers, the group called for bank bosses to be jailed and warned: "This is just the beginning".

The attack saw the windows of Sir Fred's home, in Edinburgh's upmarket Morningside area, smashed, along with those of a dark-coloured Mercedes S600 saloon parked in the driveway.

Sir Fred is understood to be abroad and the attack is believed to have been reported to police by a member of his household staff at 4.35am on Wednesday morning.

Minutes afterwards, an email was sent by a woman using the name Moira McLeod and the address bankbossesarecriminals@mail.com.

"We are angry that rich people, like him, are paying themselves a huge amount of money, and living in luxury, while ordinary people are made unemployed, destitute and homeless.

Sir Fred was subject to heavy criticism after refusing to give up any of his £700,000-a-year pension, awarded after he stepped down following the disatrous acquisition of Dutch rival bank ABN Amro which saw RBS bailed out by the taxpayer.

Good.

The RBS was still paying a packet for his security too (before this happened). :huh:

It's pretty true about steal* a £100 and you'll have the book thrown at you, steal £6,000,000 and you'll be fine.

*incoming Rention about the definition of "steal"

Good.

The RBS was still paying a packet for his security too (before this happened). :huh:

It's pretty true about steal* a £100 and you'll have the book thrown at you, steal £6,000,000 and you'll be fine.

*incoming Rention about the definition of "steal"

:huh:

Wouldn't surprise me if I knew the guys that did it...A few of my sisters friends in Edinburgh once chained together the doors of an RBS store, and have previously chained themselves to Airport gates to protest against climate change....Heh, I will laugh if they are linked to this.

Goodwin is an odious cunt and I can't help but think this is deserved.

The only way to really hurt people like that would be to take all his money off him.

He can afford new windows.

Hmm, aren't you opposed to the death penalty? An eye for an eye and all that.

How is my opposition to the death penalty relevant? This bloke is getting £700,000 a year for doing a shite job and some people who have every right to be fucked off at the fact he's refusing to give even a small sum of that money back have put through his windows. They're not really on the same level.

Not to say I condone anything remotely like this- just sort of thinking out loud here...

(Male) Child molesters get a really bad rap over here. They are vilified in the press, their community, and famously in our federal prisons where they're often killed by the other inmates.

(Female child molesters, especially of the middle school teacher variety, are often only subjected to jokes and possibly an interview on a nationally televised morning talk show).

I have to think, when a child molester is considering performing their crime (because I think ALL of us are capable of self control except for the TRULY mentally disabled), the thought must cross their mind that if they are caught, not only are they subject to punishment at the hands of the law, but also society and their fellow man.

Maybe if ripping off people's retirements, jobs, and general livelihood held a similar stigma, you wouldn't see "mistakes" of this magnitude quite as often.

How is my opposition to the death penalty relevant? This bloke is getting £700,000 a year for doing a shite job and some people who have every right to be fucked off at the fact he's refusing to give even a small sum of that money back have put through his windows. They're not really on the same level.

You're condoning vigilantism and thoughtless retribution as opposed to considered punishment and action. That's why it's revelant.

Who here would have given back part of a £700k pension?

if I was already loaded and was responsible for a lot of angry people losing their jobs, I would

You're condoning vigilantism and thoughtless retribution as opposed to considered punishment and action. That's why it's revelant.

what hes done should be considered criminal but who else is gunna punish him?

I'm not opposing 'considered punishment and action'. In fact i'd welcome it but unfortunately none is forthcoming.

This bloke was a major player in the banking fiasco and in wider terms the financial crisis. While misery is being heaped on millions of people up and down the country who are losing their jobs this man, who oversaw the biggest annual corporate loss in UK history and effectively drove a bank into nationalisation, is not only given a pension which dishes out more in a year than some of us can hope to earn in a lifetime but he's totally unwilling to see it cut.

I don't condone vigilantism but this fucker has a nerve complaining about someone hoying paint stripper on his Merc and having a few windows put out after what he's done.

He's had to remove his kids from their school for their own protection, apparently.

Taking the law into their own hands like this helps nobody - he's rich enough to never have to return there anyway. Meanwhile, the taxpayer picks up the bill for both Goodwin's handiwork in wrecking the bank, as well as picking up the bill for the increased policing and security presence around his house.

:lol:

Who here would have given back part of a £700k pension?

if I was already loaded and was responsible for a lot of angry people losing their jobs, I would

A bit harsh to suggest it was former employees of his fiefdom.

That is unless you are presuming that we can pin an inevitable correction in a totally overstreched economy on the actions of a few people. Goodwin and his empire building are in the past and the longer people yearn for some figurative retribution, the longer we'll miss the opportunity to look at the challenges ahead.

Goodwin pressing ahead with the ABN Amro deal did not bring down the UK economy- yet it seems to be as if it did. Let's not forget that Teflon Gordon is more than happy to keep the press fed about the evils done by "the City" under a regulatory system that he not only created, but boasted about around the world. Yet now he's off to the states telling people how it should be done. Bit of an about-face, that.

This sort of action only helps the sort of yobs who will be 'protesting' against the G20 next week as they wreak a general trail of havoc and interrupt the lives of thousands of workers so we can listen to the same message that has been relayed countless times in the past, only to be forgotten on Monday as we struggle to find glaziers who wil repair this damage out of the goodness of their own hearts.