NUFC The Guilty men

Geordiejihad

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting aside any arguments about what problems Ashley may have inherited, the blame for the current situation is down to Ashley and pretty much only him. He employs Lambias, Wise et al and tells them what their jobs are so much as i think they're a pair of complete and utter cunts, they were doing as they were allowed/told to, so Ashley is to blame.

But i do also think a little of the blame goes to Kinnear, Hughton and the rest of the management who even with the chaos off the pitch have pissed away points through being nowhere near good enough at their job.

Keegan leaving obviously put us in the shit, but i don't blame him for leaving the situation he found himself in, i just wish he'd even a month or so later so we'd be safe.

And the players can take a slice of blame as well, considering how well they showed they can play against Manu, some of the shite served up against crap teams is unacceptable.

And i suppose injuries as ever can be added to the problem, if we had our best players fit for any length of time we wouldn't be where we are, not saying we'd be challenging for the title but we wouldn't be 3rd bottom simple as that. Imagine having had Beye, Owen, Martins, Viduka, Barton etc all season, even if you think that lot combined is only worth another couple of wins we'd be safe!

Putting aside any arguments about what problems Ashley may have inherited, the blame for the current situation is down to Ashley and pretty much only him. He employs Lambias, Wise et al and tells them what their jobs are so much as i think they're a pair of complete and utter cunts, they were doing as they were allowed/told to, so Ashley is to blame.

But i do also think a little of the blame goes to Kinnear, Hughton and the rest of the management who even with the chaos off the pitch have pissed away points through being nowhere near good enough at their job.

Keegan leaving obviously put us in the shit, but i don't blame him for leaving the situation he found himself in, i just wish he'd even a month or so later so we'd be safe.

And the players can take a slice of blame as well, considering how well they showed they can play against Manu, some of the shite served up against crap teams is unacceptable.

And i suppose injuries as ever can be added to the problem, if we had our best players fit for any length of time we wouldn't be where we are, not saying we'd be challenging for the title but we wouldn't be 3rd bottom simple as that. Imagine having had Beye, Owen, Martins, Viduka, Barton etc all season, even if you think that lot combined is only worth another couple of wins we'd be safe!

Nutshell-tastic.

I think Given was basically told he was being sold. But I certainly wouldn't blame him for leaving anyway. The club were going absolutely nowhere and he had the chance to go to a club that is on the up with loads to spend etc. As for being selfish - who isn't?

Well his methods after Liverpool were pretty shady (maybe par for the course given his previous though), so after that he was always going to be off. A more professional way (and one that would have stood the club in much better stead) would have been to wait until the end of the season and put in a transfer request.

He was always treated well here, well paid and largely guaranteed 1st choice even when he perhaps didn't automatically deserve it, he owed the club and fans that much IMO.

Although only getting what they did for him was another shocking mistake by the management structure.

I think Given was basically told he was being sold. But I certainly wouldn't blame him for leaving anyway. The club were going absolutely nowhere and he had the chance to go to a club that is on the up with loads to spend etc. As for being selfish - who isn't?

Well his methods after Liverpool were pretty shady (maybe par for the course given his previous though), so after that he was always going to be off. A more professional way (and one that would have stood the club in much better stead) would have been to wait until the end of the season and put in a transfer request.

He was always treated well here, well paid and largely guaranteed 1st choice even when he perhaps didn't automatically deserve it, he owed the club and fans that much IMO.

Although only getting what they did for him was another shocking mistake by the management structure.

I did hear he was told he was going which prompted that announcement via his solicitor. No idea how true that is but I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt considering the way the regime has behaved in general.

I did hear he was told he was going which prompted that announcement via his solicitor. No idea how true that is but I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt considering the way the regime has behaved in general.

If that was to be true, then that would put a rather different light on things - although they would have really sold him even more criminally cheap in that case.

although they would have really sold him even more criminally cheap in that case.

The club don't give a fuck if a player wants out, they'll stick to getting the fee they want regardless, just look at the Milner situation.

Not that I'm saying that's a bad thing.

although they would have really sold him even more criminally cheap in that case.

The club don't give a fuck if a player wants out, they'll stick to getting the fee they want regardless, just look at the Milner situation.

You'd think they'd have got more though, the only reason his fee to Man C could be deemed vaguely reasonable (for us) would be if he threw a strop and basically said sell me to them or I won't play (or something*).

*insert rention of your choice here

You'd think they'd have got more though, the only reason his fee to Man C could be deemed vaguely reasonable (for us) would be if he threw a strop and basically said sell me to them or I won't play (or something*).

*insert rention of your choice here

:mellow:

This, and Danny B is playing you all like a fiddle with his little snidey comments. as someone mentioned the other day the coward was no where to be seen when Spurs were struggling, that sums the lad up for me..... a muppet and a snide.

Keegan's decision to leave left us in the shit.

Given decision to leave left us further in the shit.

Neither of them would have wanted to leave had that fat wanker not lied so much and run the club like it was his intention to take us down. Whatever Kinnear, Labia and Wise have done has been under Ashley's instructions. He was incompetant, he employed further incompetant people and wouldn't/couldn't spend what was required in any of the transfer windows since he's been here.

Whatever you think of Keegan and Given's reasons for leaving (personally I recognise their decisions have hurt us so wish they hadn't made them, but I can't blame them for making them as if I was in their shoes I wouldn't want to be part of this fucking nightmare) they arn't to blame for this.

Neither of them would have wanted to leave had that fat wanker not lied so much and run the club like it was his intention to take us down. Whatever Kinnear, Labia and Wise have done has been under Ashley's instructions. He was incompetant, he employed further incompetant people and wouldn't/couldn't spend what was required in any of the transfer windows since he's been here.

Whatever you think of Keegan and Given's reasons for leaving (personally I recognise their decisions have hurt us so wish they hadn't made them, but I can't blame them for making them as if I was in their shoes I wouldn't want to be part of this fucking nightmare) they arn't to blame for this.

No, they aren't to blame for the shit we're in. Ashley is the guy in control. the buck stops with him.

All I'm arguing is that their actions made the club's situation worse. There's no getting away from that.

I don't even mind people saying they can understand why Keegan and Given left etc...it's when they are also held up as having no choice, or having the best interests of the club at heart that I disagree.

No, they aren't to blame for the shit we're in. Ashley is the guy in control. the buck stops with him.

All I'm arguing is that their actions made the club's situation worse. There's no getting away from that.

I don't even mind people saying they can understand why Keegan and Given left etc...it's when they are also held up as having no choice, or having the best interests of the club at heart that I disagree.

I couldn't agree more what they did was motivated by their own best interests. They had a choice and did what was best for them and I don't blame them for doing it. They haven't helped our situation when they could have. They don't deserve praise for anything other then being our best manager and keeper for a generation. I bare them no animosity but they didn't do what they did for the best interests of the club.