Those travelling to London on Sunday

Douggy B

If you think there is a better city in this country you need your head read.

"Special" innit

To be fair, I'm a geordie and have lived in London for about 9 years. I absolutely love it and can't really see myself living anywhere else in the UK.

That said, I can see why many people don't like the place as its all down to personal opinion.

I bet you dont live in Tottenham though.

Thankfully not!

I'd rather live in Kabul than Tottenham. The Seven Sisters Road must be the only place in the world where the fried chicken shops outnumber the inhabitants,

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Special" innit

To be fair, I'm a geordie and have lived in London for about 9 years. I absolutely love it and can't really see myself living anywhere else in the UK.

That said, I can see why many people don't like the place as its all down to personal opinion.

Thankfully not!

I'd rather live in Kabul than Tottenham. The Seven Sisters Road must be the only place in the world where the fried chicken shops outnumber the inhabitants,

Which reminds me, those coming to the game on Sunday, make sure you try a "Chick-King". Its like nothing you have ever tasted before :o

Dangerously close to that round my way. The smell up the road is disgusting.

Wasn't the original question asking for a good place to drink though?

rather than just any place that's open?

Howay Danny, surely you know of somewhere better than a fucking Wetherspoons?

Not thats opens early in that area. You live in London don't you fish? I am still open to suggestions.

Yes the beer is rubbish, yes the floors are sticky but it is where everybody will be, bad or otherwise.

Unsurprisingly I'm rarely going out for drinks at the time on a Sunday. Especially not round Liverpool St. If I'm going to an away game I'm more likely to try and find a boozer close tot he ground, Wouldn't bother with Tottenham though as it's a shit hole. (Which I'm pretty sure you'd have to agree with me on.)

I use a different set of criteria really, Because I live in London I can have a few beers at my house then casually get down to the ground go for one nearby and then go out for plenty afterwards in an area of the city I enjoy (like Shoreditch/Old St/etc.)

So I'd suggest Chez went to the Water Poet on Folgate, for a sneaky one then have a few after at the Cock and Lion or wherever.

"Special" innit

Thankfully not!

Which reminds me, those coming to the game on Sunday, make sure you try a "Chick-King". Its like nothing you have ever tasted before :o

Danny, serious question; name me one good thing about London that is closer to WHL than any other major London football ground?

"Special" innit

Thankfully not!

Wetherspoons and fried chicken?

I never.

Sir Francis Drake must be shitting himself.

Wasn't the original question asking for a good place to drink though?

rather than just any place that's open?

Howay Danny, surely you know of somewhere better than a fucking Wetherspoons?

Not thats opens early in that area. You live in London don't you fish? I am still open to suggestions.

Yes the beer is rubbish, yes the floors are sticky but it is where everybody will be, bad or otherwise.

You go there irrespective of the kick-off time though. Sheep tbh.

No I don't, I normally have a few in old street where I meet with the people I go with, then a few round by the ground normally.

Your carer?

"Special" innit

Thankfully not!

''Classy'' :o

"Special" innit

Thankfully not!

I never.

Its funny because normally we go for canapes and pimms but we thought, what the hell?!

Its football mate. Man Up.

At least answer Chez' question?

Also, you've lived in London a lot longer than any of us, it's your home city, you're telling me the best place to go before a game at White Hart Lane is a Wetherspoons? Exiles have come up with better suggestions, despite having less "local knowledge"

Some pretty poor excuses for banter on here TBH.

You're welcome to leave any time you like :o

Do you really want that? It was a ghost town last time TBH.

At least answer Chez' question?

Also, you've lived in London a lot longer than any of us, it's your home city, you're telling me the best place to go before a game at White Hart Lane is a Wetherspoons? Exiles have come up with better suggestions, despite having less "local knowledge"

Have you even read the thread? Its the only place, in that area, for AN EARLY KICK OFF.

Fish you live in London IIRC, if you have a suggestion I will take it.

Are you going to the game seeing as its not far for you?

Edited by Danny B

"Special" innit

Thankfully not!

I never.

Its funny because normally we go for canapes and pimms but we thought, what the hell?!

Its football mate. Man Up.

I'd recommend a shit-hole kebab shop and chain pub for when you come to Newcastle, but they're ten a penny, and all much of a muchness. Never realised you had to roam for miles around that there London to find such establishments, last time I was there you couldn't move for them.

"Special" innit

FACT "innit". Just a better standard of....well everything.

There's no such thing as a fact in such subjective matters but Newcastle was ranked the best city in England to visit recently by Lonely Planet iirc.

I personally fucking hate London have to go there on Monday to the American embassy :o should have thought ahead and got tickets for the match tbh even if it did mean an extra day down there.