Shearer the manager

Christmas Tree

Has anybody else wondered why Shearer thought a system that worked well against stoke would work well against Spurs?

You couldn't get two more different teams in terms of style.

His changes only happened when you were getting battered, showing he is reactive rather than proactive.

It was his THIRD F***ING GAME AS A MANAGER. :D

And? He's only got eight games in all.

1 point from 9 isn't good enough.

Seriously is that the best you can do? Very poor. :razz:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anybody else wondered why Shearer thought a system that worked well against stoke would work well against Spurs?

His changes only happened when you were getting battered, showing he is reactive rather than proactive.

Funny that as they said the opposite on sky. They made the comment that while Shearer has changed formation just before as well as during the game, Kinnear pretty much stuck with the same and played more players out of position.

Thing is your mention Stoke, we changed the system during that game as well. Against Spurs, we looked better during the game once that was changed as well. As someone else has already said, its a shame Shearer has to do now what most people do pre-season.

Are you saying when the game was going against us he should not be reactive and just leave things as they are?

No if there is a problem you need to sort it but with Lennon and Modric on the wings as an outlet with no covering full back our possession and dominance was assured from the kick off IMO.

The fact that sky disagree I would say is complete vindication of my point.

It was his THIRD F***ING GAME AS A MANAGER. :D

And? He's only got eight games in all.

1 point from 9 isn't good enough.

Sounds like your start to the season tbf.

Lets hope you accumulate more than the 2 points from 8 games we got.

Funny that as they said the opposite on sky. They made the comment that while Shearer has changed formation just before as well as during the game, Kinnear pretty much stuck with the same and played more players out of position.

Thing is your mention Stoke, we changed the system during that game as well. Against Spurs, we looked better during the game once that was changed as well. As someone else has already said, its a shame Shearer has to do now what most people do pre-season.

Are you saying when the game was going against us he should not be reactive and just leave things as they are?

No if there is a problem you need to sort it but with Lennon and Modric on the wings as an outlet with no covering full back our possession and dominance was assured from the kick off IMO.

Bit rich like. Shearer's reactive rather than proactive i.e. wise after the event but it's took you 4 days to work this out :D

Edited by alex

Bit rich like. Shearer's reactive rather than proactive i.e. wise after the event but it's took you 4 days to work this out :D

I thought it unwise to criticise the new messiah so soon after what was a comprehensive defeat.

I thought it unwise to criticise the new messiah so soon after what was a comprehensive defeat.

It was, we were completely outclassed once Chelsea stepped up their game. The other two games though weren't disasters. We got out of them exactly what I expected.

Bit rich like. Shearer's reactive rather than proactive i.e. wise after the event but it's took you 4 days to work this out :razz:

:D

Bit rich like. Shearer's reactive rather than proactive i.e. wise after the event but it's took you 4 days to work this out :razz:

:D Funny, if untrue.

Stay up and Ashley will see only pound signs and how to get the punters back in. There would be one guaranteed way - Shearer.

However, it would take a monumental effort to try and convince Shearer promises [of player expenditure] would be kept.

If, and it's a massive if, we do stay up, I expect Dowie to be our manager next season. He may be in charge, relegated or not.

He's on £500k per game, even if we go down, apparently.

I thought it would work out at 500k/game if we stayed up and he got his bonus.

What's your source on this? Shirley it's just paper talk. £4mil for 8 games in charge? Sounds like bollocks to me.

was emailed this by me fatha, James Hipwell edits for the Guardian I think but not sure where the clipping is from.

Could of course be bollocks.

shearer.jpg

Edited by trophyshy

Well, if James Hipwell is your dad. :nufc:

Isn't he the one of the two sacked by the Daily Mirror instead of that half wit Piers Morgan (Editor at the time) for insider trading?....was he jailed for it as well? or has he been up to no good since then? hardly a good source.

was emailed this by me fatha, James Hipwell edits for the Guardian I think but not sure where the clipping is from.

Could of course be bollocks.

shearer.jpg

Fair play for coming back with the source, but given who it's from; I'm even more sure it's bollocks now.

Besides, putting Shearer's character aside for the moment, he doesn't need the money. What's the point in potentially damaging your reputation by getting yourself in for a job you know you can't do, just for the sake of money you don't desperately need?

Don't get me wrong, you'd not catch me instantly dismissing a job for that kind of money (and timescale) if I were in his shoes. But then, I'm not currently a multimillionaire either :nufc:

Went to see him talk at Sam Jacks last night.

One interesting thing he said was he wanted the job 6 months ago.

I wonder if anyone at the club was aware of that. If so, the Kinnear appointment is all the more flabbergasting.

It's coincidental bollocks, Shearer came in at the point it looked most dangerous for us. Until that point we could have pulled out of the relegation struggle but once it became obvious the people in charge couldn't handle the task Shearer then stepped in. Journos just trying to stir crap as usual.

It's coincidental bollocks, Shearer came in at the point it looked most dangerous for us. Until that point we could have pulled out of the relegation struggle but once it became obvious the people in charge couldn't handle the task Shearer then stepped in. Journos just trying to stir crap as usual.

Sorry, what you referring to there?

Went to see him talk at Sam Jacks last night.

One interesting thing he said was he wanted the job 6 months ago.

I wonder if anyone at the club was aware of that. If so, the Kinnear appointment is all the more flabbergasting.

At the time he was talking about how strange the structure at the club was, it could be that the club spoke to him but refused to get rid of Wise.