The Ashes

smoggeordie

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting to see how our top order fares against Aussie quick, Ryan Harris. He swings it, at speeds of 145kms per hr - a genuine quick with movement through the air. The ingredients all the top quickies from different eras asll shared. With the exception of the out-of-form Johnson, the Aussie pace attack is pretty much medium pace and they bowl stump-to-stump - it's a bit one dimensional. They otherwise need alot of help from the pitch, something they didn't receive in the 1st test [ie. 2nd innings].

The track is good now but should be shite on days four and five. Glad we won the toss on this one. I don't foresee any fairytale innings by any Englishmen this time round.

They are if you want a victory. And without a killer instinct to knock off 20 wickets in a match, like the Aussies tbf, but with England batting last, I definitely think you need a hero or two to step up.

Can you imagine if Hussey got an injury :lol: 2 day tests!

He's only playing because the players coming through the ranks haven't done the business in the Sheffield Shield recently as well.

Well this has started adequately.

This morning:

I spoke to Gladstone Small.

I saw the Aussies fall to 2-3.

I can't think how that could be much better. (1-3, 2-4, etc, I know.)

Gladstone Small, class :lol:

Well this has started adequately.

This morning:

I spoke to Gladstone Small.

I saw the Aussies fall to 2-3.

I can't think how that could be much better. (1-3, 2-4, etc, I know.)

Gladstone Small, class :lol:

Reminds me of the (possibly untrue) story.

During an England cricket tour in the 80's, Viv Richards suggests to Ian Botham that they have a BBQ on the Beach.

Viv says we must have grilled turtle, but its hard to kill them they just put their heads in their shells. Ian says leave it to me and shoves a cricket bat handle up its arse. The turtle's head shoots out and Viv kills it.

He says to Ian how did you learn that trick and Ian say its simple, how do you think we get Gladstone Small's tie on.

Awful from Strauss.

Aye pure shit, completely threw it away. Got lucky with a couple of things after that (as you need sometimes) and then a steady remainder to the rest of the session.

Good to see the xmas ava back btw.

The track is good now but should be shite on days four and five. Glad we won the toss on this one. I don't foresee any fairytale innings by any Englishmen this time round.

They are if you want a victory. And without a killer instinct to knock off 20 wickets in a match, like the Aussies tbf, but with England batting last, I definitely think you need a hero or two to step up.

What if we only need to bat once though Ken? :lol:

Class day's cricket. Pietersen looking very fluent, Cook barely played a bad shot all day. Nice innings from Trott. Australia in the shit now. Hopefully a full day's batting tomorrow, a huge total and 2 days to bowl them out. And then several depressed Aussies in the office, chortle. (Aussie) Sky news coverage seems to be fairly brief this evening, strange that.

Great watching us play like this, couldn't believe the start on day 1 and watched till lunch, but stayed up for the whole day batting as how often do you get to see England doing this in the aussies back yard. We need to score big and preferably quickly to build a good lead and then get after them, especially with Botham saying thre could be some rain on days 4 and 5, just want to make sure we can finish it in good time if we get right on top.

Think Ill watch the first half of this tonight. Great being on nights atm!

Bell ends at work have blocked Sky Player and iPlayer and all that kind of thing, so I can't watch any of it.

not a happy sausage. :lol:

Think Ill watch the first half of this tonight. Great being on nights atm!

Bell ends at work have blocked Sky Player and iPlayer and all that kind of thing, so I can't watch any of it.

not a happy sausage. :lol:

Testmatchsofa.com for commentary, assuming you can't get TMS?