The Ashes

smoggeordie

126-0 at lunch. Cook on 67, Strauss on 47.

England at 5/2 for a win, draw is 4/7 and Aussies are 11/2.

A dream start for England, but it can change very quickly as we know!

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone watching???

1414: Eng 154-0 My giddy aunts - if you've just eaten your lunch, look away now. Strauss comes down the track to Hauritz, smashes it straight back at him at at least 1,000mph and watches aghast as the ball goes straight into the spinner's fingers - there's a horrible noise from Hauritz, and the tip of his middle finger is bent at a dreadful angle. Dislocation, and the man is in agony - the physio sprints on, puts an arm round the shoulder and leads the poor old boy off to the pavilion.

Sounds nasty!!

Didn't see the injury but it sounds horrible like!

England's highest opening partnership at Lord's, 188-0.

Aussies now 10/1 to win this match, what a great toss this was to win.

Obviously lessons haven't been learned from Cardiff. They seem to be stuck in the short overs mindset rather than taking on board that they should be looking to bat til tea on the second day at least.

Still got a chance of a big score but requires Strauss to bat through. We've got more of a waggy tail than we used to with Braod, Swann and Anderson. Be disappointed to get less than 500 after that start tbh.

Already a big improvement on the last Ashes series though. Think of the positives lads :D

Shame the bowling is 1/10th of what it was 4 years ago :icon_lol:

I don't think people appreciate just how good Simon Jones was in that series. Or Hoggard for that matter.

Already a big improvement on the last Ashes series though. Think of the positives lads :D

I don't think people appreciate just how good Simon Jones was in that series. Or Hoggard for that matter.

I always thought that, Jones actually had the best bowling average of the English bowlers from that series, he had that knack of coming on and instantly changing the game with a wicket and for me he was starting to look like somebody who'd get a few runs with the bat. And seem to remember he was a good fielder as well, he's been a big loss. And Hoggard was ever reliable, bowled endless overs and always gave the team something, so also a big miss.

Jones was phenominal that series, brilliant at reversing the old ball.

Good last twicket stand after that dreadful start to the day. 425 all out looks a good score, but not after the start we had. People also keep going about Broad being an allrounder and possibly Flintoff's replacement - well he hasn't got fifty in a year, as well as not taking wickets. At this rate I'm thinking Anderson could be the star of the series with the bat.