The Ashes

smoggeordie

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great day yesterday, 18 hour round trip for 30 overs, but the banter at the game was top notch. Shame the day was ruined by the obvious greed of the ECB, desperate to get 25 overs in so that no refunds were given. Not going to complain too much though, because i've finally been to an Ashes Test Match. Bring on Durham in 2013.

this off cricinfo...

The Ashes battle is hotting up on the airwaves as well as the pitch after a falling out between Matthew Hayden and Geoff Boycott on the opening day at Edgbaston while working for Test Match Special. Hayden, who has joined for the rest of the summer, said Boycott's batting style "emptied cricket grounds" and Boycott promptly stormed out of the commentary box saying "don't need comments like that at my stage." They shook hands later, but the atmosphere is likely to be deliciously frosty

:lol:

Ripsnorting effort, let's hope our batters don't squander it.

Have a mate up there, sounds like he's having an awesome time the bastard!

Edited by trophyshy

I'm pretty sure they were singing "There's only one Bobby Robson" at one point. Seemed to get a polite round of applause.

Wouldn't be surprised, he liked his cricket.

I'm pretty sure they were singing "There's only one Bobby Robson" at one point. Seemed to get a polite round of applause.

They were indeed...I heard it clearly on test match special driving home from work on Friday...Jonathan Agnew wondered why the crowd were applauding. I'm sure he was concetrating on what was happening on the pitch and it's usually a pretty stupid thing to pigeonhole people but I did think "what a stupid thing to say you middle class fuckin prick" :jesuswept:

Anyone seen Ken or Wellsy btw?

:jesuswept:

Sorry mate, been missing in action for a few weeks at my holiday house in Davistown on the Central Coast. The fishing is lovely up there but I don't have access to the internet nor do I have pay television which literally puts me out in the wilderness in regards to goings-on around the globe. I haven't intentionally avoided the subject. Looks as though I haven't missed very much anyway (in regards to the cricket and the owner status of the football club). :lol:

Anyone seen Ken or Wellsy btw?

:jesuswept:

Sorry mate, been missing in action for a few weeks at my holiday house in Davistown on the Central Coast. The fishing is lovely up there but I don't have access to the internet nor do I have pay television which literally puts me out in the wilderness in regards to goings-on around the globe. I haven't intentionally avoided the subject. Looks as though I haven't missed very much anyway (in regards to the cricket and the owner status of the football club). :lol:

It was a joke like. Well, in relation to you it was anyway.