The Boxing thread

Jimbo

Think it was a tough fight though, for someone on their 12th fight who had been inactive for so long. It’s good to see competitive fights but looks like this one came too early for Kelly. Matchroom aren’t bothered because they’ve so many fighters 

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Thought I’d post this as a tribute to Hagler. 

What a fucking fight. 

Many years ago, bloke I worked with was a huge boxing fan, would travel to Vegas etc for the big fights, I remember he said at one fight he was on the aisleway and Hagler came down past him and he said he'd never felt so intimidated in his life and said he'd never forget it. Hagler just had such a brutal appearance/aura about him, said hairs on his neck stood up just watching him go by.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Thought I’d post this as a tribute to Hagler. 

What a fucking fight. 

that first round had more action than most fights that go the distance

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

Many years ago, bloke I worked with was a huge boxing fan, would travel to Vegas etc for the big fights, I remember he said at one fight he was on the aisleway and Hagler came down past him and he said he'd never felt so intimidated in his life and said he'd never forget it. Hagler just had such a brutal appearance/aura about him, said hairs on his neck stood up just watching him go by.

His back and shoulders were massive for his height, but he was supposed to be an absolute gentleman outside the ring. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

His back and shoulders were massive for his height, but he was supposed to be an absolute gentleman outside the ring. 

My mate went to a talk-in that he did over here 10 years or so ago. Reckons he was dead entertaining and a lovely bloke who hung around to talk to people, take photos etc, after the talk. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone see the Frampton fight? Sad end to a great career like. He never really looked in it and I’m not sure how he got up from that last knockdown. Glad he’s retired anyway 

Aye, he had absolutely no idea how to get round Herring’s jab which was surprising given that it was always going to be what he was coming up against. His reactions and movement weren’t the same either. He’s had a great career but definitely time to call it a day.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Jesus wept. His brother is just a bad, making money boxing basketball players & UFC lads with replacement hips. 

I’d love to see Mayweather smash the prick but I think he’ll prolong the spectacle for a while before doing that.

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I've never heard of Logan Paul, but his hair on that promotional poster is like the fucking golden fleece. 

some dickhead youtuber, most famous for posting a video of a suicide victim.

in his only other bout to date, he lost to the fellow youtuber KSI -remarkably, that event was also marketed as PPV.

easy money for flloyd, i guess.