This is what relegation scraps are like....

Asprilla

Clubs more familiar with relegation battles know it's not about anything more than having more points than three teams when the final whistle blows on the last day of the season. It's not pretty and it's not at all pleasant to see how far we've fallen but for fucks sake we have to keep believing until there's nothing more we can do.

Boro are shit. Hull are shit. We are shit. Sunderland are shit. Blackburn are shit.

These teams would LOVE us to give up now. FUCKING LOVE IT. I don't know about you but I don't give up easily. Let's keep our heads up and hope that if even just a TINY bit of that confidence can find its way to the players then it might be the difference between survival and relegation.

:unsure:

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As silly as it sounds, 2 wins, 37 points could be more than enough for safety this year, maybe even 35 points with Boro and Hulls run ins

Exactly. It's humbling to be in this state but let's not kid ourselves that those around us aren't shitting themselves too.

Good sight better than we were looking before Big Sam came in. You guys should think about hiring someone similar...

Don't be a twat.

:unsure: Well you did call us shit, granted this is your forum but I'd say I'm well within my rights to state my opinion. League table since he took charge:

sam2.jpg

Top 10 under Sam's charge and just 2 points from being off top 6 form. Over half a season. Headier heights than you've achieved for a while...

Good sight better than we were looking before Big Sam came in. You guys should think about hiring someone similar...

Don't be a twat.

:unsure: Well you did call us shit, granted this is your forum but I'd say I'm well within my rights to state my opinion. League table since he took charge:

sam2.jpg

Top 10 under Sam's charge and just 2 points from being off top 6 form. Over half a season. Headier heights than you've achieved for a while...

You've watched football before have you? :razz:

He was fucking gash here. If he hadn't have been he wouldn't have been sacked would he?

Don't be a twat.

sam2.jpg

He was fucking gash here. If he hadn't have been he wouldn't have been sacked would he?

You'd finished 5 points from the drop zone the season before he came. When he left you you guys were 11th. He hardly covered himself in glory, he didn't even do a good job with you, but clearly that doesn't represent a disastrous job either and not one that required sacking after 6 months and he deserved more time. It's been downhill ever since you got rid of him - that should tell you something.

tbf big Sam wasn't Kashley's choice so little excuse was needed to get rid.

KFK who is Kashley's man was being stuck with through thin and thin.

Ego the size of Taunton Kashley, and that is ultimately what is taking us down imho.

Don't be a twat.

sam2.jpg

You'd finished 5 points from the drop zone the season before he came. When he left you you guys were 11th. He hardly covered himself in glory, he didn't even do a good job with you, but clearly that doesn't represent a disastrous job either and not one that required sacking after 6 months and he deserved more time. It's been downhill ever since you got rid of him - that should tell you something.

It tells me that you get your football knowledge from tabloids and talksport.

He was shit here. Absolute shit. He couldn't handle it and his record was woeful. Keegan got us back on track. He understands the club in the same way that Fat Sam does well at gritty mid table clubs. The Keegan/Ashley thing is what's fucked us, not because we don't have Sam Allardyce.

Don't be a twat.

sam2.jpg

You've watched football before have you? :)

It tells me that you get your football knowledge from tabloids and talksport.

He was shit here. Absolute shit. He couldn't handle it and his record was woeful. Keegan got us back on track. He understands the club in the same way that Fat Sam does well at gritty mid table clubs. The Keegan/Ashley thing is what's fucked us, not because we don't have Sam Allardyce.

:razz: I read The Times and have barely listened to talksport in my life. Try again.

His record (mid table) wasn't woeful and if anything was an improvement on your previous season. Wasn't great granted but he could have brought some much needed stability to your club.

Ashley has been responsible for a lot of your woes but one of those was sacking Allardyce. The Keegan fiasco was an error too, but then the man had only won 6 from his 21 in charge and the jury was still out on whether he would've made a good manager either way. Appointing Kinnear was the nail in the coffin but had you held onto Allardyce you wouldn't have fallen this far, not a chance.

What we are witnessing now is not just about this seasons fiasco, it's the product of too many years of appointing too many shit managers who in turn bought too many shit players, our chickens have finally come home to roost, and they are roosting above our heads and shitting on us from a great height.

We can't blame our position on bad luck, you don't get where we are after 30 odd matches and calling it luck, blame appointing Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, kinnear, Houghton and co who in turn bought the likes of Babayaro, Boumsong, Owen, Luque, Duff, Cacapa, Viduka, Smith, Colocini, Nolan, Taylor, none of which are good enough.

:unsure: I read The Times and have barely listened to talksport in my life. Try again.

His record (mid table) wasn't woeful and if anything was an improvement on your previous season. Wasn't great granted but he could have brought some much needed stability to your club.

Ashley has been responsible for a lot of your woes but one of those was sacking Allardyce. The Keegan fiasco was an error too, but then the man had only won 6 from his 21 in charge and the jury was still out on whether he would've made a good manager either way. Appointing Kinnear was the nail in the coffin but had you held onto Allardyce you wouldn't have fallen this far, not a chance.

If you think you're well informed about our club you're mistaken. The football under Allardyce was unwatchable and his mid table position flattered him. In reality we'd played more sides from the bottom half of the table than the top and in the process dropped far too many points against sides we should have beaten. We still had a LOT of hard games to come.

Edited by Asprilla

Allardyce choked under the pressure at Newcastle, expectations were totally different to what he had at Bolton, at Newcastle he was so scared of losing he daren't commit his tactics to attempt to win, shocking results via shocking performances sealed his own fate.

he went partly because of his failings, but mainly because he wasn't Ashley's man. Obviously if he was doing the business on the pitch, Ashley would have kept him, it's hard to justify trading relative success for uncertainty, but Allardyce was taking us down and doing it fast.

Blackburn fans telling us how football should be played? and Using Allardyce as a benchmark? That is a fucking joke. They've not played good football in years, I can't remember a side who were as consistently malicious as them. They've had many managers and yet still play the same gritty* football.

They can't fill their stadium because the football isn't entertaining, and they've come on here crowing about their league position. That's like celebrating coming 2nd at the paralympics.

* for gritty read dirty, vindictive, violent football.

he went partly because of his failings, but mainly because he wasn't Ashley's man. Obviously if he was doing the business on the pitch, Ashley would have kept him, it's hard to justify trading relative success for uncertainty, but Allardyce was taking us down and doing it fast.

Blackburn fans telling us how football should be played? and Using Allardyce as a benchmark? That is a fucking joke. They've not played good football in years, I can't remember a side who were as consistently malicious as them. They've had many managers and yet still play the same gritty* football.

They can't fill their stadium because the football isn't entertaining, and they've come on here crowing about their league position. That's like celebrating coming 2nd at the paralympics.

* for gritty read dirty, vindictive, violent football.

We can't fill our stadium because we're a small town with lots of competition round us - Bolton, Wigan, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Everton plus numerous Championship clubs like Burnley and Preston all competing for support within 40 miles of us. You have Boro and Sunderland - hardly beacons of footballing tradition there are they? It's still worth noting that on Sunday we had over a fifth of our towns population down at Ewood - not too dissimilar a proportion to what you get at St James', but you have far less competition for miles around.

If it wasn't for a moment of madness in appointing Ince we would've arguably had our fourth successive top 10 finish in a row - no small feat in this league. Winning football is always more attractive than losing football and it's well worth noting the last season where you put the ball in the net more times than us was 2004-05.

And as for Sam taking you down and fast? You were 11th when he left, 9 points off the drop zone. You'd gone through a poor run of form with one or two shocking results but IT HAPPENS. He'd had a sustained record of success at Bolton and you had more than enough of a cushion to be able to give him the benefit of the doubt for a little longer based on that alone, but the characteristic impatience of your fans combined with Ashley's general madness was what led to his demise. Sure he didn't start well but as I've said he inherited a club that was 5 points from being in the Championship the season before.

While we're still mathematically in with a chance I'll still retain a glimmer of hope but in my heart of hearts I thought we were down even before last night.

We're taking part in a murder mystery. We know we're getting murdered and that it has been drawn out over a few years, the mystery is that we don't know when the coup de gras will be.

In a perverse sort of way, it's rather enthralling :unsure:

We're taking part in a murder mystery. We know we're getting murdered and that it has been drawn out over a few years, the mystery is that we don't know when the coup de gras will be.

In a perverse sort of way, it's rather enthralling :unsure:

I've been on one of them at Lumley Castle.

As silly as it sounds, 2 wins, 37 points could be more than enough for safety this year, maybe even 35 points with Boro and Hulls run ins

Just need to increase our seasons wins total by a minor 25% and we still might be relegated. :unsure:

More realistically we'll be lucky to end up with 2 more points this season. :razz:

Just need to increase our seasons wins total by a minor 25% and we still might be relegated. :unsure:

More realistically we'll be lucky to end up with 2 more points this season. :razz:

From what I saw last night we will beat Boro and have a fair chance of beating Fulham, neither will sit like Pompey did.

Surprisingly I am more upbeat today than last night, (must be getting used to relegation scraps supporting Torquay all these years! :unsure: ) I rekon we will beat Boro and Fulham...Im staying optimisitc :razz: