Players you'd want to keep

Barney

The funny thing is - Blackburn are still shit. :unsure:

If it wasn't for Ince we'd be looking at a fourth top 10 finish in a row.

I agree Sam isn't the manager he thinks he is, but given time he could have done a good job for you and left you in mid table 9 pts from the drop. He deserves at least grudging admiration from other fans - we don't expect others to like him and had he not been our manager we wouldn't like him either - but he is a good manager.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so you have a lot of players, and a great number you yourselves admit are shit....................no one else is going to pay the wages of shit players, the team you have now will be the same as the team in the championship as your gonna have fuck all money for transfers!

boro have a load of kids so arry will quite happily spunk money out on their shower of shit........newcastle have old pro's on the best contracts they've ever had and are likely to get and the majority are crocks.....gerimi,smith,viduka,duff,nolan,barton,colo must pull in £330k per week amongst them to name but a few immovables..........so funny, leeds mk2.

How can someone out of contract in a month be an 'immovable'?

tit!

He's a good manager at the right place.

You'd be in a hell of a lot better position now if you'd hung onto him. It's only the expectations of you guys (and your idiotic chairman) which stipulated he didn't get nearly enough of a fair crack. But yeah...good manager at the right place, agreed.

And people would bat an eyelid if a pretty consistently top 10 team spent the next few seasons hovering around the relegation zone. At least those who don't equate size of crowds with a measure of how good a club is.

I don't think we would of.

He drained morale more than anything.

It's not unrealistic expectations from us at all we just don't like his ''anti-football'' approach and it doesn't sit well with 50'000 people who want something to watch.

so you have a lot of players, and a great number you yourselves admit are shit....................no one else is going to pay the wages of shit players, the team you have now will be the same as the team in the championship as your gonna have fuck all money for transfers!

boro have a load of kids so arry will quite happily spunk money out on their shower of shit........newcastle have old pro's on the best contracts they've ever had and are likely to get and the majority are crocks.....gerimi,smith,viduka,duff,nolan,barton,colo must pull in £330k per week amongst them to name but a few immovables..........so funny, leeds mk2.

How can someone out of contract in a month be an 'immovable'?

tit!

Geremi, Viduka, and Owen will all be out of contract right?

I think that is (rather unbelievably) a saving of around £200k per week or £10m per year.

You'd be in a hell of a lot better position now if you'd hung onto him. It's only the expectations of you guys (and your idiotic chairman) which stipulated he didn't get nearly enough of a fair crack. But yeah...good manager at the right place, agreed.

And people would bat an eyelid if a pretty consistently top 10 team spent the next few seasons hovering around the relegation zone. At least those who don't equate size of crowds with a measure of how good a club is.

We'd have already been in the Championship if we'd have hung onto him.

Oh and btw the expectations explain nothing to do with playing Martins right wing, going away to places like Derby, Reading and Wigan hoping for a draw, playing Geremi as a wing-back etc

We'd have already been in the Championship if we'd have hung onto him.

Putting the 5 year plan a year ahead of schedule.

Is this cliche bingo btw? He was never forced out by the fans here. The owner gave him the bullet - plain and simple. You could argue about the rights and wrongs of that but I'm not going to defend our clueless owner for one second. That said, Allardyce (who didn't get very long or very much money here) still had the look of a man palpably out of his depth. Which, coupled with the arrogance of the man, would have probably been a recipe for disaster sooner or later. I realise we've lurched into an even bigger one.

I really don't get you. If you are going to come to this forum and troll, then at least try and sound educated about it.

If, and it is still an 'if', we get relegated, then these oldies are likely to move on anyway, and that is if they aren't out of contract already. I doubt you have taken the time to look deeper than our first team squad, but if you did then you would notice we have a reserve team playing some decent football while using some of our younger stars, and you will notice that our youth team appears to have been heavily invested in and is performing pretty well. One of the good points about moving down a division, despite their being very few, is that we will probably be able to strip down all this old deadwood to leave us with a core of players who are actually interested in playing for the club. I was sort of hoping a relegation fight would seperate the men from the boys, but if it needs more than that then so be it.

I agree Sam isn't the manager he thinks he is, but given time he could have done a good job for you and left you in mid table 9 pts from the drop. He deserves at least grudging admiration from other fans - we don't expect others to like him and had he not been our manager we wouldn't like him either - but he is a good manager.

At best he would have turned us into a Bolton Mk2 - he didn't seem to even know how to do that though, and seemed as confused at Newcastle United's direction as anyone else.

Would he have walked out had he found himself in Keegan's situation? Maybe not, but that doesn't make him a better manager, it's just means he wouldn't have walked out.

boro have a load of kids so arry will quite happily spunk money out on their shower of shit........newcastle have old pro's on the best contracts they've ever had and are likely to get and the majority are crocks.....gerimi,smith,viduka,duff,nolan,barton,colo must pull in £330k per week amongst them to name but a few immovables..........so funny, leeds mk2 But Blackburn are shit and always will be so fuck off

And your a cock

I replied to that myth in the other thread. Can't you fucking read you cunt?

The revisionist history being done now that Allardyce has done a decent job at Blackburn is infuriating. Anyone that actually watched us under him will be able to tell you how out of his depth he looked, how stupid his tactics were and that his sacking was entirely justified. We looked just as bad then as we do now and his failure was never due to a lack of time, just a lack of bottle on his part.

Don't forget it Alladyce landed us with some of the overpaid/underplayed wasters: Geremi, Viduka, Smith, Barton.

sign of a great manager, knew he'd be at rovers 18 months later and planned their great escape early by astutely signing the worst players possible on the biggest contracts with absolutely no resale value to ruin a close rival.............forward thinking paying off big time.

he must be a great manager if he managed to build such a strong bolton side that even after 18 months of gary megson can't get relegated

Don't forget it Alladyce landed us with some of the overpaid/underplayed wasters: Geremi, Viduka, Smith, Barton.

sign of a great manager, knew he'd be at rovers 18 months later and planned their great escape early by astutely signing the worst players possible on the biggest contracts with absolutely no resale value to ruin a close rival.............forward thinking paying off big time.

he must be a great manager if he managed to build such a strong bolton side that even after 18 months of gary megson can't get relegated

sign of a mediocre troll: this post.

i'll take mediocre over the championship every day

Just signed up after being a lurker for a while and while these WUM's make me laugh that their pathetic lives must be so barren that they come on here to get their kicks out of trying to get a bite out of supporters of a club struggling like they will probably be in the coming seasons, why dont we just all refuse to reply to them or even acknowledge that they exist? Just treat them with the respect they deserve - that's none - and get on with talking to each other about our club.

I couldn't give a rat's ass about any other club and wouldn't dream of wasting my fleeting life going on their forums looking for someone to talk to me because I cant make any friends in the real world. Believe me, I know all about Spurs fans like Danny B because I grew up amongst a load of them in Hertfordshire after we'd moved from Newcastle and I can assure you there is no reasoning with them. Their supporters share a collective brain cell between them and have bevome bitter and twisted after years of living in Arsenal's shadow ( I know this one Spurs fan who used to burst into tears if you told him Arsenal were a better team than them!) - they'll never get over this. That's why some of them come on here to make themselves feel better. Best just to treat them all like they are not there, just like microscopic creatures that you cant see......

Just signed up after being a lurker for a while and while these WUM's make me laugh that their pathetic lives must be so barren that they come on here to get their kicks out of trying to get a bite out of supporters of a club struggling like they will probably be in the coming seasons, why dont we just all refuse to reply to them or even acknowledge that they exist? Just treat them with the respect they deserve - that's none - and get on with talking to each other about our club.

I couldn't give a rat's ass about any other club and wouldn't dream of wasting my fleeting life going on their forums looking for someone to talk to me because I cant make any friends in the real world. Believe me, I know all about Spurs fans like Danny B because I grew up amongst a load of them in Hertfordshire after we'd moved from Newcastle and I can assure you there is no reasoning with them. Their supporters share a collective brain cell between them and have bevome bitter and twisted after years of living in Arsenal's shadow ( I know this one Spurs fan who used to burst into tears if you told him Arsenal were a better team than them!) - they'll never get over this. That's why some of them come on here to make themselves feel better. Best just to treat them all like they are not there, just like microscopic creatures that you cant see......

Welcome to the forum. :scratchhead::aye:

To stay

Harper, Beye, Bassong, Jonas

To go

The rest of them.

There is a too much deadwood in the team, the likes of Geremi and Cacapa amongst others who should be collecting their pensions.