Mike Ashley

Man U Hater

By no doubts a complete embarassment and a wanker to the club and made a shambles of running the club, but is he actually the villain people make him out to be ?

Hardly prospering on the financial front under Freddie Sheperd and if he hadn't have bought the club would Newcastle have been fucked anyway

I think the clucb is going in the same direction it would of whith Sheperd at the helm. I think the only differance is that it would of been a lot more fun getting there under Freddie, instead of tight ass Ashley.

By no doubts a complete embarassment and a wanker to the club and made a shambles of running the club, but is he actually the villain people make him out to be ?

Hardly prospering on the financial front under Freddie Sheperd and if he hadn't have bought the club would Newcastle have been fucked anyway

It's not simply about the finances. Ashley has no idea how to run a football club and we're paying the price for it.

To be honest I don't think the club would have fucked up under Freddie, as much as I didn't like the bloke Newcastle wasn't really any different from the majority of prem clubs as far as debt goes... though Freddie's choices in manager may have caused problems.

It doesn't really matter whether it's incompetence, willful neglect or somewhere in between that's got us where we are. Just as, as far as the victim's concerned, murder or manslaughter amount to exactly the same thing.

It would be a start to see him (and Llambias) accept the blame.

Im waiting with baited breath to see exactly what pearls of wisdom they come out with when oops I mean if we go down.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Ashley sees himself as the victim in this. All that money wasted, poor me etc. He showed no real indication that he had any intention of changing his approach until it was getting really desperate. January's transfer window, and the period of inertia after Kinnear's heart wobble showed that. At a guess I'd say he probably blames Keegan for blowing the whole thing wide open.

He has good intentions.... like Daniel Levy.

Levy has eventually done a good job at Spurs, maybe Ashley needs a good crack of the whip

Levy has eventually done a good job at Spurs, maybe Ashley needs a good crack of the whip

One day he may actually make a move that looks like it has the clubs best interests at heart yes.

Thing is Im nearly 40 and not sure I'll be around to see that day, more worryingly Im fairly confident that this football club wont be around either if he continues.

And Im not sure he does have good intentions, Im interested to know what outsiders see as his good intentions.

One day he may actually make a move that looks like it has the clubs best interests at heart yes.

Thing is Im nearly 40 and not sure I'll be around to see that day, more worryingly Im fairly confident that this football club wont be around either if he continues.

And Im not sure he does have good intentions, Im interested to know what outsiders see as his good intentions.

He's been whimsical, reckless, huffy, foolhardy and that was just the first month. ;)

Guest alex

Shepherd had his faults too obviously and we were in decline in the last few years of his reign. The fact Ashley has accelerated that decline and made far worse decisions speaks volumes.

Shepherd had his faults too obviously and we were in decline in the last few years of his reign. The fact Ashley has accelerated that decline and made far worse decisions speaks volumes.

In seriousness, its hard to imagine anyone taking over a large, well established, successful company with a loyal customer base and managing to fuck it up so comprehensively. Never mind a large (fat) successful billionaire businessman.

Im not sure just how little Ashley comprehends the magnitude of the situation, not only for the football club but for his business empire as a whole should we go down.