Surely ManUre second team will beat Hull, No?

shear class!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spot on, why is everybody expecting Hull to win? They will get a draw max, it is the same team which have worse form than us. IF IF if we win, we stay up.

I only wish it was that straight forward.

Reading through the thread, someone called it right earlier on saying we don't deserve to stay in the prem - dead right.

However, of course I hope that we do. Man U will rest players yes, but even the players that come in are great and they will want to finish on a high. I still think they'll be too strong for Hull, the question is whether we can get at least a point at Villa. Right now, I think we're fucked. :razz:

But right, whatever happens we have to stick with the club. Not the owners or those running the club, who will have to account for their decisions that have lead to this disasterous, embarassing and humiliating series of events, not the team, many of whom are insincere or simply not good enough, but the club. Because the player and owners can change, but we'll be left and the club itself is left. It's the club we love and the club is as much a victim as us. Not everyone will of course, but I hope all of you will.

If I may recall a personal memory. Walking up the steps from St James' Metro station before a game during the disasterous 1991-92 season, I asked my Mam (she used to take me to games as a kid and she's still a season ticket holder today) 'why do we bother?' She stopped and said "Because it won't always be like this. One day there will be good times, and you will enjoy it all the more because you were there during the bad times." At the time, I couldn't imagine the good times being anywhere near close, but a few months later, Keegan was manager, we avoided relegation, were promoted to the premier league as champions the following season, having lead the division from first day til last, and the rest... At school those of us who went were mocked because Newcastle were "shit". A year or two later the same kids were whinging because they couldn't get into SJP.

So for those of you too young or not even alive in those days, please stay loyal, the club needs you.

Whatever happens, I'll be there and I know many of you will too. Hell, Premier League or Northern League I'll be there..

Reading through the thread, someone called it right earlier on saying we don't deserve to stay in the prem - dead right.

However, of course I hope that we do. Man U will rest players yes, but even the players that come in are great and they will want to finish on a high. I still think they'll be too strong for Hull, the question is whether we can get at least a point at Villa. Right now, I think we're fucked. :P

But right, whatever happens we have to stick with the club. Not the owners or those running the club, who will have to account for their decisions that have lead to this disasterous, embarassing and humiliating series of events, not the team, many of whom are insincere or simply not good enough, but the club. Because the player and owners can change, but we'll be left and the club itself is left. It's the club we love and the club is as much a victim as us. Not everyone will of course, but I hope all of you will.

If I may recall a personal memory. Walking up the steps from St James' Metro station before a game during the disasterous 1991-92 season, I asked my Mam (she used to take me to games as a kid and she's still a season ticket holder today) 'why do we bother?' She stopped and said "Because it won't always be like this. One day there will be good times, and you will enjoy it all the more because you were there during the bad times." At the time, I couldn't imagine the good times being anywhere near close, but a few months later, Keegan was manager, we avoided relegation, were promoted to the premier league as champions the following season, having lead the division from first day til last, and the rest... At school those of us who went were mocked because Newcastle were "shit". A year or two later the same kids were whinging because they couldn't get into SJP.

So for those of you too young or not even alive in those days, please stay loyal, the club needs you.

Whatever happens, I'll be there and I know many of you will too. Hell, Premier League or Northern League I'll be there..

An excellent post sir. :razz:

However, of course I hope that we do. Man U will rest players yes, but even the players that come in are great and they will want to finish on a high. I still think they'll be too strong for Hull, the question is whether we can get at least a point at Villa. Right now, I think we're fucked. :rolleyes:

An excellent post sir. :P

Alright, Howard Moon! :razz:

This article in today's Sunday Times doesn't help my battered and twisted nerves at all :razz:

A KNIGHTHOOD and 35 major honours as a manager generally means not having to justify your methods to anyone, but Sir Alex Ferguson had to make an awkward phone call on May 14, 2007.

It was to Neil Warnock, whose Sheffield United side had been relegated the previous day after a home defeat by Wigan. Staying up were West Ham, courtesy of a 1-0 victory against Manchester United at Old Trafford. United, already League champions, had an FA Cup final to prepare for and Ferguson rested key players, including Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic, Cristiano Ronaldo, Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs.

“We battered them, Neil,” said Ferguson when Warnock picked up the phone. “We had 25 shots. The team was good enough to win. I can’t tell you how sorry I am.”

It was an apology which, even now, Warnock finds difficult to accept. He feels Ferguson broke a promise to field his strongest team. In his autobiography, published in 2007, Warnock recalled watching Sky Sports with his players in the dressing room and seeing the United starting XI flash on the screen. “I stared at it in disbelief. I felt really let down,” he wrote. “He [Ferguson] must know what a lift it gives to his opponents when they see players like that left out, I thought. He must know there’ll be jubilation in the West Ham dressing room when they see that side.”

According to Warnock, his players felt “deflated” and it contributed to their defeat to Wigan. Had Sheffied United taken a point from the match, they would have survived.

Previously Warnock had “looked up to” Ferguson and counted him as a friend. Alan Shearer and Gareth Southgate are not on close terms with Ferguson and they may view with an even deeper anger any weakening of his side when United go to Hull next Sunday.

Tony Mowbray, Paul Hart and Ricky Sbragia — Ferguson’s former reserve team coach — will await the announcement of the champions’ line-up at the KC stadium with trepidation. With the Premier League secured and a Champions League final against Barcelona to come three days later, it is not in Ferguson’s interests to risk his top performers against Hull. United winning the title yesterday will not have been applauded in Newcastle, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Portsmouth or West Brom.

Opponents of Barcelona need maximum energy to counter the Catalans’ passing game, so Ferguson will want to conserve legs, and then there is the risk of picking up injuries against a committed Hull team. If Ferguson is thinking only of United — and it is his job to — he will leave out all of the players he intends using in Rome.

Darren Fletcher, suspended for the European final, may be the only regular first team player to feature on Humberside. The other players used are likely to be the young fringe members of Ferguson’s squad. It would be little surprise if his starting XI was similar to the one which lost on penalties to Everton in the FA Cup semi-final except that Vidic and Ferdinand are unlikely to play.

It will be a Carling Cup XI pressed into League duty for a game that will reverberate. Relegation can cost a club £60m. Wes Brown is not an option following an injury that rules him out for the rest of the season but Federico Macheda, Danny Welbeck, Darron Gibson and Fabio Da Silva are likely to be among the youngsters standing flimsily between Hull and survival. That is not to say Phil Brown’s freefalling side will be good enough to win but Ferguson may find himself making another difficult phone call on the morning of May 25.

Possible United team v Hull on May 24

Tomasz Kuszczak , age 27 (league games this season 3)

Richard Eckersley, 20 (1)

James Chester, 20 (0)

Jonny Evans, 21 (16)

Fabio Da Silva, 18 (0)

Zoran Tosic, 22 (1)

Darren Fletcher, 25 (24)

Darron Gibson, 21 (2)

Nani, 22 (12)

Federico Macheda, 17 (3)

Danny Welbeck, 18 (2)

Edited by East Stander

However, of course I hope that we do. Man U will rest players yes, but even the players that come in are great and they will want to finish on a high. I still think they'll be too strong for Hull, the question is whether we can get at least a point at Villa. Right now, I think we're fucked. :(

An excellent post sir. :(

Alright, Howard Moon! <_<

..sorry...I had to google that... :blush:

Whoever ManU field there's no point us whining about it, they don't owe us anything.

I'm not even that worried about Man United beating Hull. It'll happen. But how many must-get-a-result games have we fucked up this season? This lot are programmed for failure, and they'll fuck it up again even if a draw is all we're after imo.

think about it, we win and hull win, but mackems loose! how nuts would that be..

Obviously if Shearer could be the mackem destroyer again, that would be pretty fucking immense.

I'm taking some comfort in the fact that whilst we put 3 past Boro in a must-win game for both teams, Villa only put the 1 past them...

Just shit scared that Collocini will be up against Carew and Villa hump long balls up to him all game.

I swear the fact that every fucking season there's a relegation battle between several teams on the last day now is more than just a coincidence. <_<

Even if Fergie sticks out a team of kids never mind reserves he's entitled to and we had a whole season to do the business so i certainly don't blame him for looking after his own club, i'd want our manager to do the same.

But as people have said their reserves can easilly beat Hull so we still have a chance and not that it really matters but i think Villa over the time we've been in the prem is one of our best grounds in terms of away wins, so who knows!

If by a miracle and we do stay up.........

Do you rekon the close esacpe will force Ashley to spend big as he knows the team needs re building rather then get relagated next season with the same players?

Maybe pump in 25 mill plus all the money owed for the likes of Given, the Zog and Milner? so 30+ million on players to spend, plus what ever money Al can generate from the shite thats there?

Colo gone, Guttereize gone just tpo name a few and get in 5/6 fresh players?

Man Utd will do their part and beat Hull. But it'll be academic because we'll lose to Villa. If we can't beat Pompey & Fulham at home, there's no way we'll go to Villa and come away with anything.

Agbonlahor & Young are going to have a field day with our full backs. And I fully expect Carew to score.

BTW - has anyone heard if we're going to appeal Bassong's sending off? Pretty certain Shearer has said it was fair so I doubt we will like <_<

Do you rekon the close esacpe will force Ashley to spend big as he knows the team needs re building rather then get relagated next season with the same players?

Maybe pump in 25 mill plus all the money owed for the likes of Given, the Zog and Milner? so 30+ million on players to spend, plus what ever money Al can generate from the shite thats there?

Out of the current starting line-up we need to find replacements for the following:

Harper - just not good enough. Might be a local lad who's stuck with us through thick and thin but he hasn't really got a clue. Good (not brilliant) shot-stopper but won't come out of his 6 yard box for anything and all he ever does with crosses is punch.

Coloccini - I've said all I need to say about him. Gash!

Duff (as a LB) - I'd rather have him having a go on the wing instead of Jonas.

Butt / Barton / Nolan / R Taylor - the lot of you just fuck off please.....

Guttierez - Someone suggested he should have been drug tested after the opening game at Old Trafford. I quite agree - he's been a different player ever since. Garbage

There are others who are not showing their potential but I reckon swapping these lot for someone half decent would have a knock-on effect on their performances. Martins ain't fit - doesn't take a miracle to see that.

As an aside, does anyone agree the transfer window has to be abolished? Fucking hell a season can be ruined by players getting injured in early September or early February. Should go back to the old system where you could buy a player up until late March <_<

Out of the current starting line-up we need to find replacements for the following:

Harper - just not good enough. Might be a local lad who's stuck with us through thick and thin but he hasn't really got a clue. Good (not brilliant) shot-stopper but won't come out of his 6 yard box for anything and all he ever does with crosses is punch.

Coloccini - I've said all I need to say about him. Gash!

Duff (as a LB) - I'd rather have him having a go on the wing instead of Jonas.

Butt / Barton / Nolan / R Taylor - the lot of you just fuck off please.....

Guttierez - Someone suggested he should have been drug tested after the opening game at Old Trafford. I quite agree - he's been a different player ever since. Garbage

There are others who are not showing their potential but I reckon swapping these lot for someone half decent would have a knock-on effect on their performances. Martins ain't fit - doesn't take a miracle to see that.

As an aside, does anyone agree the transfer window has to be abolished? Fucking hell a season can be ruined by players getting injured in early September or early February. Should go back to the old system where you could buy a player up until late March :(

Harper hasnt done much wrong since taking over from Given, i think hes put in some pretty good performances and pulled off some terrific saves, people are far too harsh on him if you ask me.

Duff has been fantastic since being played at left back defensive and offensive, but i agree that Jonas is fucking shite and should be not be starting.

Couldnt agree more about Coloccini, Butt... etc.

It'll be funny to see if Martins sticks with us if we get relegated, i remember hearing an interview a few months ago saying how much he loves the fans and club etc... we'll see just how much he loves the fans and clubs in the summer wont we <_<

I think the sympathy shown to Harper is ridiculous tbh. Made some good saves? Aye but that's shot-stopping - it's only one facet of goalkeeping and the quality of the rest of his game leaves so much to be desired. He's nowhere near the level Given is at and it's clear to see. Nice lad who would do a good job if we drop into the Championship but it for some miracle we stay up he has to be replaced.

If we don't, we'll be in the same mess we're in now

I dont think theres too much wrong in the other areas of his game either to be honest... I've never seen him spill the ball in the box, his kicking is on par, if not better than Givens, his reflexes are nowhere near Givens like but who's are?

If i had to pick out anything imparticular its that he doesnt seem to command the box as well.

I think we've been used to having someone like Given for so long that its easy to pick out the differences for a lot of people, therefore Harper being unfairly judged.