Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is supposed to be good. New from Tina Fey.

We're watching Walking Dead again and it's still complete wank. Better than the other dross clogging up our Tivo though, and she wasn't fussed on the last 2 seasons of Boardwalk Empire we just finished so I compromise.

Enjoyed Gemmil being ignored. Jinx isn't on showbox though, so probably won't get round to that until it is.

Just finished the final season of Boardwalk as it happens. Thought it was quality throughout but the last two or three episodes felt like they rushed the ending a bit.

Just finished the final season of Boardwalk as it happens. Thought it was quality throughout but the last two or three episodes felt like they rushed the ending a bit.

**Spoilers**

I thought the demise of Nucky was perfect. Through the whole series I've rarely seen him as a monster, like Tony Soprano regularly was in The Sopranos. It was only when he killed Jimmy early on that I thought what a bastard he was, everything else was justifiable as business, but when the kid was revealed as Jimmy's bairn (which I hadn't guessed) it all stacked up what he's done to the lad. Not only killing his dad and leaving his gran destitute (then indirectly sent to the asylum - having pushed her to prostitution as a teen) but also giving Richard the job that killed him when he was supposed to be bringing the lad up in a happy foster family. The lad just turning up late in the series and doing him in was a fast turnaround, but they put the legwork in over the series to motivate it.

That said, there was no need to spend any of the time they did in the asylum I think. A lot of effort seemed to be put into tying up the stories of incidental characters. Gillian was a main character, but she started the last series in the asylum and finished there. They could have left her out of it. Chalky escaped from the chain gang, freed that lassy who was sent on her way with her bairn and got killed by Narcisse... who also got shot. None of those characters had much impact on Nucky from the moment he went to Cuba, I was less interested in the hours of the show dedicated to their ultimate fates.

**Spoilers**

Agree about the ending. I didn't call it being Tommy either but the demise of Nucky seemed inevitable. I was discussing it and made a similar comparison with Tony Soprano where they're both characters you find yourself rooting for a lot of the time but then you're reminded what nasty cunts they really are.

I also love Patricia Arquette in it as well. She's always worth watching as you get that vibe that she a little bit crazy in almost everything she does. I really liked the way they interwove historical characters too. Obviously everyone knows about the likes of Al Capone but reading up on the likes of Meyer Lansky, Lucky Luciano and Arnold Rothstein was interesting (although I knew a bit about the latter as he turns up under a pseudonym in the novel The Great Gatsby. I think it was right to make Nucky semi-fictitious too as you may well have known Nucky Johnson was still running Atlantic CIty until he was convicted in the early 40s. Fantastic TV overall anyway

they jumped too far in time ahead for me, obviously it was to get to the end in that season but it meant rothstein already being dead and capone being at the height of his power, both being two if the better characters and capones story probably more interesting

Aye, it felt like there was a season in there that went missing. Although I suppose just more of the same would've been rightly criticised too.

It looked like absolute spunk to me. Think I watched the first episode. Alex, you watch it and tell me if it's worth my time, please.

:lol: The person who recommended it reckons Sons of Anarchy is mint and I don't fancy that either. Can't bring myself to watch Game of Thrones so I thought I'd give this a whirl. Quite fancy that documentary series you were on about although selling it to my lass is another matter and I watch so little telly on my own it's a none starter otherwise.

@@Park Life Cheers, duly noted ;)

:lol: The person who recommended it reckons Sons of Anarchy is mint and I don't fancy that either. Can't bring myself to watch Game of Thrones so I thought I'd give this a whirl. Quite fancy that documentary series you were on about although selling it to my lass is another matter and I watch so little telly on my own it's a none starter otherwise.

@@Park Life Cheers, duly noted ;)

Sons of Anarchy is shit. And I did try and stick with it, but fuck that.

I'd get on The Jinx before this Ray Donovan thing. Just tell her it's about something that she would like to get her interest, and then Magnus Magnusson her once you've got it going.

Sons of Anarchy is shit. And I did try and stick with it, but fuck that.

I'd get on The Jinx before this Ray Donovan thing. Just tell her it's about something that she would like to get her interest, and then Magnus Magnusson her once you've got it going.

The sons of anarchy started well but become increasingly shit and overbloated.

I got through season 1 and I think some of season 2. Then it became obvious it was just gonna be a new enemy rolling into town each series, like an extended episode of the A Team but with motorbikes. That's when I checked out.

I got through season 1 and I think some of season 2. Then it became obvious it was just gonna be a new enemy rolling into town each series, like an extended episode of the A Team but with motorbikes. That's when I checked out.

:lol: The main bloke striding round like he has just shit in his pants doesn't help either.