Nufc appeal Seb's red card

paddy

on SSN now, we have appealed against the red from saturday, should appeal slapheeds friggin decision to rule the goal out <_<

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worth a go I suppose. Makes hardly any difference if they chuck it out and anyway I don't see how it could be deemed a 'frivolous' appeal since that was never a clear goalscoring opportunity (which is the rule as I understand it).

Guest alex
Didnt Shearer himself say that he thought it was the right decision? Doesn't help when you're appealing if the club don't actually believe it was a wrong decision themselves I'd imagine :(

Don't know what he said post-match but all he has to say is he looked at it on telly and changed his mind. Even if it is deemed frivolous and gets extended that'll only be a problem for Bassong's new club anyway <_<

I think the fact that Shearer wasn't up in arms about it in the post-match press conference will suggest it won't get rescinded.

That said, I didn't think it was a red card offence (regardless of what happened previous to it).

Guest alex

As an aside, I think (as much as anything) Viduka's goal being disallowed was down to that cunt Poll making such a song and dance about Taylor's goal / Nolan's 'foul' v Boro.

Don't think so, as I seem to recall Styles being well upset when Beye's got rescinded. Might have this wrong like.

I thought Styles admitted after the match that he'd got it wrong? <_<

As an aside, I think (as much as anything) Viduka's goal being disallowed was down to that cunt Poll making such a song and dance about Taylor's goal / Nolan's 'foul' v Boro.

Just watched it again - there's fuck all wrong with it and Schwarzer used it to his advantage IMO.

Anyone remember what Mick Quinn did to Jim Leighton in the FA Cup game against Man United back in 1990? Now that was obstruction AND he got away with it <_<

Poll is a fucking arsehole. You'd think after making such a twat of himself on the world stage that he'd be keeping his head down. The idiot was claiming Beye's card was legitimate too. That's why it got rescinded Poll, you clueless prick.

Guest alex

Just watched it again - there's fuck all wrong with it and Schwarzer used it to his advantage IMO.

Anyone remember what Mick Quinn did to Jim Leighton in the FA Cup game against Man United back in 1990? Now that was obstruction AND he got away with it <_<

Was that Quinn? I seemed to remember it being Kevin Scott (hazily) but I remember the incident. Blatant :(

Don't think so, as I seem to recall Styles being well upset when Beye's got rescinded. Might have this wrong like.

I thought Styles admitted after the match that he'd got it wrong? <_<

This is what I was thinking of:

Beye decision pushes Styles to the edge

Still confused, as on the one hand it implies Styles was upset it was overturned but on the other Kinnear's quote suggests he changed his mind.

Edit: looked at some other articles and they all seem fairly clear that the F.A. rescinded the card independently.

Edited by Big Onion

Guest alex
Poll is a fucking arsehole. You'd think after making such a twat of himself on the world stage that he'd be keeping his head down. The idiot was claiming Beye's card was legitimate too. That's why it got rescinded Poll, you clueless prick.

It was the Beye incident that made me think of him but he's been banging on about the Nolan thing in his column. He gets on Radio 5 a lot too. Apart from anything he comes across as an arrogant prick as well. I know being a top ref isn't easy but the best ones usually realise the crowd haven't come to watch them.

Was that Quinn? I seemed to remember it being Kevin Scott (hazily) but I remember the incident. Blatant :(

Kevin Scott scored the goal but only after Quinny did the old schoolboy trick of crouching down behind Leighton's legs so when he went up for the corner with Scott he fell back over Quinny when he landed....

I don't know what was funnier, the fact that it was given or the sight of Leighton and Ferguson fuming at the referee. Leighton chased him all the way back to the centre circle IIRC :(

Guest alex

Kevin Scott scored the goal but only after Quinny did the old schoolboy trick of crouching down behind Leighton's legs so when he went up for the corner with Scott he fell back over Quinny when he landed....

I don't know what was funnier, the fact that it was given or the sight of Leighton and Ferguson fuming at the referee. Leighton chased him all the way back to the centre circle IIRC :(

Remembered it the other way round. They won 3-2, aye? Danny Wallace?