From the Ritz to the rubble

Christmas Tree

The party is almost over for Newcastle United unless a team that appears to lack fight and appetite to remain a top flight team can pull something big out of the bag at Villa Park.

We've partied in football's biggest nightclub since 1993 but like a mortal chav who's had too much the bouncers are starting to make their way over to eject Newcastle.

And in the words of the Artic Monkeys, getting kicked out of the big league will come with a humiliating high price, indeed Newcastle will have "to walk back past 10,000 eyes in the line" as they tumble back into the Championship.

Man United, a team we were once 12 points clear of, will smirk the most.

Sunderland could end up having a field day with Newcastle's loss of five points in the Tyne-Wear tussles this term, a major factor in the current situation.

Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham - sides we were once streets ahead of, probably won't miss us with a long away trip chalked off.

Man City and Blackburn will be Premier League forces but we'll going to nowhere towns to watch nowhere football in a nowhere division.

Oh yes, it's an easy enough division to get out of, ask Charlton, Norwich, Leeds and Southampton about that!

And in keeping with the harsh reality of supporting the much maligned Mags, every team will be desperate to beat us - it will be there cup final.

Peterborough United winning at St James's Park?

My word what has the world come to.

How did it all go so wrong so quickly, losing to Partizan Belgrade on pens doesn't seem such a disaster now does it?

All the anguish of dropping fourth to fifth under Sir Bobby seems like nothing.

Beating Barcelona at Gallowgate seems like a weird dream when Tino was on song and even last season the night when Kevin Keegan returned against Stoke City has all paled into insignificance.

Our hero, our legendary number 9, one of the true Geordie sons - looks like he will be the man to take us down!

A cruel some would say sick script that you couldn't write if you tried - and anyone reading it from afar would probably say it was too far fetched.

Even we can't believe it and we were there!

Four managers, a combination of shocking management and naivety at boardroom level leaves us completely on the brink.

Yes, Newcastle can STILL stay up.

Yes, the feeling of relief will be amazing if they do.

But while fans will be buzzing if they do, there will be no party.

It isn't a sign of success staying up, it's a sign of failure.

It's a mark of a team that haven't been good enough.

Somebody asked me the other day who could we sign next season to sort it out.

Well it's a case of who would you keep and would they want to stay anyway if better offers came in.

Bassong, Beye and Steven Taylor are the three who you can make a strong case for.

But anybody else, on this season's evidence, may well be free to go.

A complete overhaul is needed.

Which division that's in, who knows?

We've got so much to lose at Villa Park and it's beginning to slip away.

Maybe if it wasn't for the people for whom he was falling over himself to act as the mouthpiece, we wouldn't be in this situation? 'Naivete' at boardroom level is just a passing mention - it'll be Shearer, not Ashley, who takes us down, is that it?

Get to fuck Ryder and take this piece of shit blog with you :good:

Fucking incredible that this bloke is earning a wage as a journalist. If someone had posted that as a thread on here it would be shit, but it's this arsehole's job ffs. Any number of people off here (myself included obv!) could do his job in their spare time, and do it better than he does.

Fucking incredible that this bloke is earning a wage as a journalist. If someone had posted that as a thread on here it would be shit, but it's this arsehole's job ffs. Any number of people off here (myself included obv!) could do his job in their spare time, and do it better than he does.

Truly.

I don't read the Chronicle anymore, do they write pandering shite or do they have a go at Ashley and his regime?

Is the 'hard hitting' stuff kept to the blogs?

I'd honestly be ashamed to let people read this if I'd written it. I'm not surprised though-I did a week's work placement at the Chronicle a couple of years ago, and the absolute stupidity of the people there was beyond belief. If there was ten brain cells between the whole staff, I'd be amazed.

Guest alex

I bet the pay's shit, what do they expect? He's still an embarrassment like. I know it's a blog rather than a proper article but I don't see how that excuses that puddle of piss.

Guest Stevie

Thinking about every poster, I can think of five who could genuinely do a better job than him and be more interesting with it.

Guest Stevie
I bet the pay's shit, what do they expect? He's still an embarrassment like. I know it's a blog rather than a proper article but I don't see how that excuses that puddle of piss.

Anal was on £31k in 1995 I know that for a fact.

Guest alex

He's probably not even on that then. Newspapers don't make a lot and have very tight margins. Their circulation figures go down year on year etc.

Guest Stevie

He's probably not even on that then. Newspapers don't make a lot and have very tight margins. Their circulation figures go down year on year etc.

They make just as much through advertising as actual paper sales.

Guest alex

They make just as much through advertising as actual paper sales.

They make more don't they? I think my point still stands in relation to quality / pay at papers like the Chronic (sic).

the pays so shit , he can't even afford a office license for his pc. so he writes his reports in crayons, jam and spit.

I didn't realise 'naivety' was a synonym for rank incompetence and neglect.

Thats the worst bit in the whole article tbh, "shocking management and boardroom naivety" translates to an "absolute fuck up in the boardroom from a bunch of wideboys who are more interested in the balance sheet than team sheet"

Will there be any statement from NUSC regarding relegation if/when it happens?

I dont know, tbh no doubt there'll be clamours from the media for soundbites so its going to have be careful and thought out, our media spokesman will probably burst into tears on camera though if they catch him straight after the game :good:

Will there be any statement from NUSC regarding relegation if/when it happens?

I dont know, tbh no doubt there'll be clamours from the media for soundbites so its going to have be careful and thought out, our media spokesman will probably burst into tears on camera though if they catch him straight after the game :)

"Awww, I told myself I wasn't gonna do this :good: "

Maybe Lee Ryder got the job due to some ''Positive Discrimination''.

''Give to the lad chewing on the paper cup and slavering down his tie, we could do with some diversity...''