Who's going to sign Owen?

TicTacWoe

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care one jot where he goes or what he does. It's £100,000 a week off the wage bill.

and frankly that is several top qualiy championship players

I don't care one jot where he goes or what he does. It's £100,000 a week off the wage bill.

Got to be five hasn't it? not sure what they average but i would have thought between 10 and 20k

Got to be five hasn't it? not sure what they average but i would have thought between 10 and 20k

For top championship players yeah, but a lot of first team championship players are on between 5 and 10 k

Can't wait to see the back of him now. Massive waste of money and not worth the hassle. I don't care where he goes, anywhere but us.

must go down as one of the worst prem signings of all time surely, hopefully when hes shit and injury prone somewhere else too the media will stop buttfucking him as being "a top top player" "world class finisher" etc etc and recognise that since hes been 24-25 hes been shit and since that amounts to around half his carreer (assuming he doesnt suddenly get good again) he does not deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as "top class"

At an average side, typically £5k for a first team player, £10k for a star player. Little bit more for sides at the top with parachute payments, but not that much more unless its an all-or-nothing promotion gamble or there's big backing.

Can't wait to see the back of him now. Massive waste of money and not worth the hassle. I don't care where he goes, anywhere but us.

must go down as one of the worst prem signings of all time surely, hopefully when hes shit and injury prone somewhere else too the media will stop buttfucking him as being "a top top player" "world class finisher" etc etc and recognise that since hes been 24-25 hes been shit and since that amounts to around half his carreer (assuming he doesnt suddenly get good again) he does not deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as "top class"

Indeed. It's all about him and England and always will be. Never mind we've paid huge amounts of money for a player who's either been recuperating from his last injury or marking time till his next one. Let him go and distract some other club with the England media circus, we don't need a player made from glass in the championship.

I'm going to say Portsmouth. They don't mind the odd older player. Either that or he does a Fowler and returns to 'Pool...

But theyre completely skint, otherwise I could see it, same with West ham, theyre both financially fucked

I think Celtic or Rangers may try their luck.

I can't see many clubs wanting him now, he just hasn't been Owen since his injury at Spurs.

good shout actually, forgot about scotland, if he got a run in either side up there I could imagine him scoring 30 goals a season easily.

I don't think anyone in the Premiership (except perhaps one of those going up) will want to take a chance on him. He's hardly shown any sign of being the player he once was.

As for staying here? I wouldn't rule that out simply on the basis that he's out of contract. Shearer rates him and will have him on the books if he can afford him.

He might have stayed if we'd avoided relegation.

I'd be happy if he stayed and was on soemthing like 30k a week, but thats never going to happen. I doubt very much he'd be looking to play in the championship either, i'd imagine he'd bang them in if he did though, after a tough pre-season

He's as responsible for our demise as the rest of them. IMO he's proven he's no longer a Premiership player so perhaps the Championship (and their wage structure) is his best option?

Wouldn't at all be surprised if he did retire mind.