FAO Happy Face

I know you like this sort of thing HF.

Can we have a table of: Games Managed/W/D/L/Points/Points-per-Game for each of KK, Hughton, Kinnear, Hughton-Calderwood and Shearer this season please?

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Manager Games Managed W----D-----L-----Pts.---Pts./Game

Keegan------------3----------1-----1-----1-----4------1.33

Hughton-----------3----------0-----0-----3-----0------0

Kinnear-----------18---------4-----8-----6-----20----1.11

Hughton-Cald.----6---------1------2----3------5-----0.83

Shearer-----------8----------1------2----5------5-----0.63

Hmmm, so why the big clamour for Shearer to stay?

The clamour for Shearer to stay has little to do with how the team has performed in the last 8 games. It's because he loves and understands the club, is hungry for success and is a strong character who commands a lot of respect. In addition he would be given more time and wouldn't fuck off somewhere if he did well. He's had the balls to speak out against this regime and on top of all that he didn't sign one of the players who played in his 8 games and has inherited an almighty pile of crap for a team.

I expected a boost, the players to respond to him and turn it up a notch. They'd still be shit but they'd be motivated shit. It didn't really happen did it?

No but I don't believe that anyone could have motivated Players who simply are not good enough to suddenly turn into world beaters. Butt and Duff for instance, they genuinely care, they're just totally shit now.

I expected a boost, the players to respond to him and turn it up a notch. They'd still be shit but they'd be motivated shit. It didn't really happen did it?

Nope it didn't, perhaps the persona on MOTD is that of the dressing room too :lol:

Or, as is more likely, it's hard to get fight from someone who's only there for the money anyway. He did improve the fight I feel, just that fight wasn't matched by an improvement in ability.

Big players did not get motivated, Owen the worst offender

as with many statistics, without context it proves nothing

Or, as is more likely, it's hard to get fight from someone who's only there for the money anyway. He did improve the fight I feel, just that fight wasn't matched by an improvement in ability.

Big players did not get motivated, Owen the worst offender

It is hard to get multi-millionaires to work their bollocks off, very hard. That's why the best bosses are all man-management people. I'm not sure that's Shearer's forte.

The clamour for Shearer to stay has little to do with how the team has performed in the last 8 games. It's because he loves and understands the club, is hungry for success and is a strong character who commands a lot of respect. In addition he would be given more time and wouldn't fuck off somewhere if he did well. He's had the balls to speak out against this regime and on top of all that he didn't sign one of the players who played in his 8 games and has inherited an almighty pile of crap for a team.

Don't think you can really judge Shearer either way.

Kinnear and the rudderless periods (and all the off field stuff), and the last few years "transfer policy" has done all the damage.

I'd say Owen Coyle, or Shearer. The former is possibly a top manager in the making, and Alan may be able to grow with a clean slate. Or he may be shit, but that's the risk you take. Newcastle have been bollocks under Shearer, but then it wasn't all down to him.

What is for sure is that your esteemed club has been a joke for years, since Sir Bobby Robson's tenure. I can only think of two clubs that have been worse-Leeds and Luton.

Its been a steady decline since Sir Bobby. Numerous mistakes along the way. Time and time again.

As for this season, I can lay no blame at AS, nor can I pass any judgement. Half of those players were beat and relegated before AS took over.

we have freddy shepherd and mike ashley to blame. your man who's a blackburn fan told the truth.... since robsons departure and that thick twat souness came in we have been pretty much thrown to the dogs. why get rid of your best players because they are moody (bellamy), why sell off a decent defender for less than his real value(hughes). roeder with shearers help didn't do badly at all in his first season here, but after that is been disaster after disaster....

now this. lets hope the clueless fat oaf sells up to people who want to get us up into the top flight, and keep us there....

I'd say Owen Coyle, or Shearer. The former is possibly a top manager in the making, and Alan may be able to grow with a clean slate. Or he may be shit, but that's the risk you take. Newcastle have been bollocks under Shearer, but then it wasn't all down to him.

What is for sure is that your esteemed club has been a joke for years, since Sir Bobby Robson's tenure. I can only think of two clubs that have been worse-Leeds and Luton.

Fuck off back to Sam's tactical cock you pointless cunt.

Comparisons with last year when Keegan took over would be fairer - the players were so far down it took a while for "the magic" to work - Shearer (even if he did have it) just did not have enough time imo.

Finishing 7th wasn't that funny. :lol:

Comparisons with last year when Keegan took over would be fairer - the players were so far down it took a while for "the magic" to work - Shearer (even if he did have it) just did not have enough time imo.

Aye it took eight games for him to get their heads up and the pressure wasn't the same

He's right man.

Another thing that's concerning me after sleeping on it: Shearer spent his entire career in the top flight, is he the man to guide us through the Championship?

Would we be better off with a Curbishley or a Pardew, or an up-and-coming manager with experience at this level (such as Coyle, mentioned by Billy Castell)?

He's right man.

I know, but I don't need a Blackburn fan to tell me anything whatsoever today, let alone the blindingly obvious as if it had never occured to us.... :lol:

He's right man.

Don't agree - we were being mocked when keegan was here the first time - easy targets - medias easiest target - wonder who will get it now

Guest Hova

At least with Shearer here, and this goes back to something Stevie has said before, we know that any players we do bring in are going to know what it means to play for this club. That'll be the foundations for us to rebuild upon, and if he can get it right, we'll be a much better club for it in a few years time.

At least with Shearer here, and this goes back to something Stevie has said before, we know that any players we do bring in are going to know what it means to play for this club. That'll be the foundations for us to rebuild upon, and if he can get it right, we'll be a much better club for it in a few years time.

Thats is the only trump card that ashley has left - shearer is a big name and would attract signings on reputation - and i would trust shearer above anyone else - even yesterday his conduct was immaculate - how he didn't explode in rage at some of those players is beyond me - nice comments from MON too - another gentleman