Players we could (realistically) sign?

smoggeordie

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen this from a dubious source:

Newcastle United have already identified several players who would be the subject of bids in the coming month as potential replacements for as many as fifteen first-team players.

The club has already scouted a number of potential candidates, among them, a couple of Premier League players, and even a few foreigners:

1. Gary Cahill (Bolton Wanderers)

2. David Wheater (Middlesbrough)

3. Kyle Naughton (Sheffield United)

4. Daniel Fox (Coventry City)

5. Emiliano Insua (Liverpool)

6. John-Joe O'Toole (Wolverhampton Wanderers)

7. Miroslav Stoch (Chelsea FC)

8. Andrew Driver (Hearts)

9. Stephen Hunt(Reading)

10. Kevin Doyle (Reading)

11. Jordi Gomez (Swansea City)

12. Simon Cox (Swindon Town)

13. Colin Nash (Kilmarnock)

14. Fabien Delph (Leeds United)

It remains to be seen how many of the intended targets actually arrives on Tyneside.

But yeah, I'd go for some of those as well as Aaron McLean, Jermaine Beckford maybe even Chops.

Guest alex
Just seen this from a dubious source:

Newcastle United have already identified several players who would be the subject of bids in the coming month as potential replacements for as many as fifteen first-team players.

The club has already scouted a number of potential candidates, among them, a couple of Premier League players, and even a few foreigners:

1. Gary Cahill (Bolton Wanderers)

2. David Wheater (Middlesbrough)

3. Kyle Naughton (Sheffield United)

4. Daniel Fox (Coventry City)

5. Emiliano Insua (Liverpool)

6. John-Joe O'Toole (Wolverhampton Wanderers)

7. Miroslav Stoch (Chelsea FC)

8. Andrew Driver (Hearts)

9. Stephen Hunt(Reading)

10. Kevin Doyle (Reading)

11. Jordi Gomez (Swansea City)

12. Simon Cox (Swindon Town)

13. Colin Nash (Kilmarnock)

14. Fabien Delph (Leeds United)

It remains to be seen how many of the intended targets actually arrives on Tyneside.

But yeah, I'd go for some of those as well as Aaron McLean, Jermaine Beckford maybe even Chops.

If that's true the club have been planning for the Championship for months given how unprepared we seemed to be for every other transfer window under Ashley.

Gary Cahill?

The lad who's just been linked with Arsenal and Bolton's player of the season? Right-o!

I saw that and it reminded me of why I never click on Vital Football!!

Indeed, like I said, it was dubious at best - though some of them would be worth a shout for the right money. I wonder if Sidwell would consider a move to us.

Some of the players mentioned in this thread are ridiculous. Are you guys trying to organise a team to get us out of the Championship that we can develop for the Premiership or are you just settling for players to keep us in that division?

Some of the players mentioned in this thread are ridiculous. Are you guys trying to organise a team to get us out of the Championship that we can develop for the Premiership or are you just settling for players to keep us in that division?

Is it not who we think are actually realistic signings rather than who we want to sign?

You say it like we have a choice of the top players in the world... :wub:

I think Ross McCormack (21 goals this season) could complement Andy Carroll well up front.

A mate who's a Reading fan says Kevin Doyle could cost £10 M so let's not go there...

Figures of 6 million have banded about for McCormack already.

As I said in another thread we should be sniffing about the SPL for players like McCormack. Over the last couple of years Championship Clubs and the Old Firm have been picking up the best from the rest of the teams up there for peanuts.

I think out of all the Championship sides we must be one of most attractive sides to join - if not the most attractive. I'm not expecting us to buy the best players in the world, but some mentioned here are just too depressing to contemplate. Maybe our situation hasn't fully kicked in yet, but I'm sure we can do better than the likes of Marlon King.

Some of the players in this thread I think would be great/good signings who are also possible - Brunt, Boyd, Nugent, Delph for example - but others (Riordan, Ferguson) would be horrible in my opinion.

Guest Stevie
Chris Armstrong at Reading, has been their player of the season. Left back, still pretty young and a geordie!!

I divvint want nee Sunderland fans anywhere near this club. His brother is one of the biggest cunts from the West End since Mary Bell as well, Cruddas Park...Sunderland fan..oh dear.

I think out of all the Championship sides we must be one of most attractive sides to join - if not the most attractive. I'm not expecting us to buy the best players in the world, but some mentioned here are just too depressing to contemplate. Maybe our situation hasn't fully kicked in yet, but I'm sure we can do better than the likes of Marlon King.

Some of the players in this thread I think would be great/good signings who are also possible - Brunt, Boyd, Nugent, Delph for example - but others (Riordan, Ferguson) would be horrible in my opinion.

I don't rate Nugent at all. There was a big load of hype around him when he was at North End but he hasn't really done anything at all since he moved to Pompey and he has never really looked too good.