Transfer Window

Christmas Tree

I always thought it was after the last game. SSN are showing that Portsmouth have signed someone from Blackburn.

Edited by 2bias

I always thought it was after the last game. SSN are showing that Portsmouth have signed someone from Blackburn.

Yes but we are a football league club. :wub:

I'm looking forward to comings and going. Transfer window is all ways my favourite time of the football season (well since its started we have been pretty rubbish). Gives me hope. :wub:

Yes but we are a football league club. :wub:

Ah i see. Good point!

I'm looking forward to comings and going. Transfer window is all ways my favourite time of the football season (well since its started we have been pretty rubbish). Gives me hope. :wub:

This. We should be pretty busy what with having that small matter of getting a whole new first team in and that.

You can negotiate deals outside of the transfer window, it's only that the paperwork, i.e. change of registration of players cannot get completed before July 1st.

absolutely correct

You can negotiate deals outside of the transfer window, it's only that the paperwork, i.e. change of registration of players cannot get completed before July 1st.

absolutely correct

absolutely correct

my point was for emphasis, since there still seemed to be some question over the matter despite the correct answer being posted

Edited by Andrew

It is a little confusing this is the wikipedia definition as written in crayon by DannyB:

Current schedules and exceptions

FIFA regulates in general that there shall be two windows, a longer one (max. twelve weeks) in the break between two seasons and shorter one (max. four weeks) in the middle of a season. The specific periods depend on the league's season cycle and are determined by the national football authorities.[4]

When a league commences in the second half of the year (eg. August or September) and stretches over two calendar years (autumn-spring season), the first window is usually open from 1 July until midnight of 31 August and the second one from 1 January until midnight on 31 January the same year. Most major European leagues have adopted this scheme.

The periods differ when a league runs throughout a single calendar year from spring to autumn, as in most Nordic countries due to weather constraints. The first window opens from 1 March until midnight of 30 April, followed by the in-season window from 1 August to 31 August.

But then goes on to say this:

m75ee1.jpg

Officially it's July 1st. But that only counts for registration. If we negotiated for a player before then it'd only mean we couldn't play him until after July 1st. Seeing as there'll be no competitive games now until early August it's highly unlikely.

I don't think the opening of the window will herald the players that are coming and just as importantly, going.

I'd like to see a system behind the signings though.. it's hard for me to phrase this right. I'd like to see what Shearer's ideas are. If he announces that we've all but registered two strikers, one attacking midfielder, a right winger and a centre half and we've sold, X, Y, Z

So that I could get in my head the possible team we'd be fielding come the season opener

I makea no sense.. :wub:

I hope that for once we don't leave it till the last possible moment to sign players due to incompetence or the insane desire to save a few bob. Let's get the squad sorted and have a proper pre-season so we're ready for kick off, please. Should be a bit easier now we're not after prem standard players, surely?