Newcastle United - "Tedious soap opera"

Happy Face

Can't see much wrong with tha article. Don't think Shearer is the answer either. You need to give an experienced manager @ Hodgson or similar a few seasons and you will be turned around. Unfortunatly you are basically run by yourselves with a muppet as a chairman.

It's not just about about cutting wages and rebuilding an overpaid shite squad, you need a leader and a motivator. You need someone who can take you through the championship trenches and I doubt anybody except Newcastle fans believe Shearer is the answer.

Who do you suggest/Who would come?

I think most experienced British managers without a job would love to have a crack at the job. I think they would be in a win/win situation as you probably will fight for promotion once you sort your wages out.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke to the Assistant Sports Editor called Adrian Drummond, who was a very fair bloke, I said it's articles like this which stop people from buying your paper, I said he exploited every myth going about Newcastle United and I said "I'll tell you now and I don't mean to be crude but the guy is an absolute arsehole" interestingly he laughed, and didn't say he's a canny bloke or nothing. He then said Newcastle fans demanded Sam Allardyce's removal, which got my back up, I said did you see the game at Stoke where 4000 toon fans travelled down on a Sunday night and gave the bloke a standing ovation for getting in to their box once, again he couldn't say anything. It appears to me that there so many ignorant people in sports journalism amd I closed by telling him that Syed had nothing to say so he wrote drivel as he did about 6 months ago, but the bloke Adrian I couldn't abuse him too much as he seemed a reasonable bloke trying to his job, but my thoughts were being coveyed to the sports editor, and he invited me to write a reply in The Times.

Can't wait for the respond article. "Listen Syed you c***......

Can't see much wrong with tha article. Don't think Shearer is the answer either. You need to give an experienced manager @ Hodgson or similar a few seasons and you will be turned around. Unfortunatly you are basically run by yourselves with a muppet as a chairman.

It's not just about about cutting wages and rebuilding an overpaid shite squad, you need a leader and a motivator. You need someone who can take you through the championship trenches and I doubt anybody except Newcastle fans believe Shearer is the answer.

I think most experienced British managers without a job would love to have a crack at the job. I think they would be in a win/win situation as you probably will fight for promotion once you sort your wages out.

Care to name one then?

Who though?

I honestly don't know. But I'm sure the club can cough up a list over available managers.

Though I would think Coppell is available. And Gregory is a better option the Shearer. Clough is another good option.

Edit: Glenn Hoddle isn't at a club is he?

Edited by The messenger

Stevie, no offence, but ringing and complaining about these people is exactly the reaction they're looking for. The article is written as a wind-up piece, it's the same as Mike Parry and Adrian Durham do every day on TalkSport. Don't take the bait.

I honestly don't know. But I'm sure the club can cough up a list over available managers.

Though I would think Coppell is available. And Gregory is a better option the Shearer. Clough is another good option.

You're joking right?

Coppell duffed it at man city cos of the pressure and boardroom upheaval - so he would last about as long as parking his car in the car park here

Clough has just joined Derby

Gregory is a nutter and a busted flush

And dear oh dear where would you start with Glenda?

I'm going to make this easy for you.

The relationship between Newcastle United and Alan Shearer is like no other in British football. There is a massive bar named after him at the ground ffs. :lol:

He has the respect of (at least) 90% of our fans and his presence looms over the club. He HAS to have a crack at the job.

Whoever else managed us would have the crowd calling for him as soon as results went against us. The lazy journalists would all be writing about it, it just wouldn't go away.

I think Shearer has every chance of being a very good manager, but only time will tell. If he fails, then at least whoever gets the job next knows that the fans have had their opportunity to see if he could do it.

Guest Stevie

Fuck me

Guest Stevie
Stevie, no offence, but ringing and complaining about these people is exactly the reaction they're looking for. The article is written as a wind-up piece, it's the same as Mike Parry and Adrian Durham do every day on TalkSport. Don't take the bait.

I said to him if this is how you want a world reknowned 150 years plus publication to be represented then that's up to you. The Times ethic was always to report the facts with intelligent comment, this article was neither of those, you expect it from The Star or The Mirror, but The Times?

Guest Stevie
Well I disagree. I'd say all of those would be better for you, and the fact that you don't kinda proves the point a few people try to make.

And surely Newcastle United could nick Clough. Or ?

I genuinely think this kid thinks John Gregory could do a better job and better suited at this club than Alan Shearer. Forget about football, as human beings I believe Brummies are beneath us, if that makes me a cunt, I'm an absolute cunt, no one with a developed brain could seriously entertain that idea?

Well I disagree. I'd say all of those would be better for you, and the fact that you don't kinda proves the point a few people try to make.

What point? that we are so obsessed with one of our own that its got to be Shearer - i think as detailed elswhere in this thread he looms large over the club and will always be there to hamstring future managers if he is not given the reins at some point - me personally i would have loved Martinez or terim or even Ketsbaia to be given a chance but if it is to be shearer then i will back him totally - its your choice of alternatives that is the point up for debate

We could nick Clough from Derby, where he has just been appointed?

Muppet.

You don't think you could buy out his contract? You don't think he would come? It's bloody Derby :lol:

Spending money hasn't been a factor with the club lately has it??? If we were going to spend the money, I would rather keep Shearer and buy some players.

Edited by AmericanMag

Stevie, I wouldn't normally agree with you about Brummies and I still think you might be wrong in general but having someone suggest the likes of John Gregory being a better bet as manager of Newcastle than Alan Shearer has seriously made me wonder. Let's give the bloke the benefit of the doubt though as I suspect he may be mentally ill.

John Gregory. Fuck me.

Messenger, I think you need to have a long hard think about whether you should switch to watching cricket or something because I'm not sure you're getting this whole football thing.

John Gregory...... I'm actually staggered that a fellow sentient being has even had the thought, let alone thought it was rational.

Well, Hoddle thinks he's the Messiah so I guess it's a start.

Gregory absolutely boned Newcastle, he was always trying to angle for a job when commentating or doing an interview.

He's probably on the phone to Ashley already!

:lol: You're taking the piss with those choices right? Norbert's choices are actually good shouts but your choices are shocking man. Shearer has had 8 games with a shite group of players, with absoloutely no confidence surely calling for his head is fickle no? fans of a club holding sentimentality for our record goalscorer never mind that he is 'one of us' shocker. we want to give the man a chance for fuck sake you have no idea how good a manager he may become, yeah he could turn out to be poor but the truth is no one knows especially after 8 games.

We could nick Clough from Derby, where he has just been appointed?

Muppet.

You don't think you could buy out his contract? You don't think he would come? It's bloody Derby :lol:

The same Nigel Clough who has just spent 10 loyal years at Burton ?

He's not Steve Bruce you know :lol:

All the people that are spouting bollocks about us needing experience and its so tough in the Championship blah blah blah

Are they forgetting we have Ian Dowie as assistant who got Palace promoted in his first season there

What point? that we are so obsessed with one of our own that its got to be Shearer - i think as detailed elswhere in this thread he looms large over the club and will always be there to hamstring future managers if he is not given the reins at some point - me personally i would have loved Martinez or terim or even Ketsbaia to be given a chance but if it is to be shearer then i will back him totally - its your choice of alternatives that is the point up for debate

Ketsbaia has just signed up for Olypiakos