Mobile Phones

Nyff

I get to upgrade me phone in the middle of June sometime and really not sure what to get. I'm liking all these fancy touch screen "we do just about everything" phones, but they all seem to be pretty similar to me. The Blackberrys do look nice, but I have heard they often have problems, and other than that I am probably most likely to go for either the Samsung touch screen one or the Google phone.

Anyone had any experience with any of these? The thing that I'm most interested in is the WiFi and 3G+ internet on the Google Phone, as well as little things like built in GPS, but not too sure I like the overall look of it...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the Nokia E71 for work and the Sony Ericsson C905 for personal use.

Both are highly recommendable but not touch screen. Been there, done that and wouldn't have another. It worked fine until I was out in the rain, then the sensitivity was shagged and the phone was unusable for about an hour.

Im still not sure the iphone is worth it at the mo. though im sure id have endless fun with the numerous ifart, ipuke and icrimp applications.

Ive also got the c905 - its got the wi-fi, gps. the only bad thing ive got o say about it is that its a little chunky but thats cos its got a fandabbydozy 8mp camera stuck on it.

Im still not sure the iphone is worth it at the mo. though im sure id have endless fun with the numerous ifart, ipuke and icrimp applications.

Ive also got the c905 - its got the wi-fi, gps. the only bad thing ive got o say about it is that its a little chunky but thats cos its got a fandabbydozy 8mp camera stuck on it.

hows the camera for speed of use shutter lag etc?

after an upgrade next month and the problems I have with the lg viewty are the temperamental screen and that the camera is really slow

The New I phone is due out in July i think, there's some Apple thing happening June 8th where apparently there will be some announcements on future apple things.

Word on the street is their going to be releasing the 32Gig one. THe only physical difference i've heard is that the back is a matt / rubbery black, and the apple logo glows like on Macbooks etc

better camera, larger capacity, front mounted camera for video calls, movie function, electronic compass.

Both are highly recommendable but not touch screen. Been there, done that and wouldn't have another. It worked fine until I was out in the rain, then the sensitivity was shagged and the phone was unusable for about an hour.

I have the C905 and I love it.

Would prefer an iPhone though.

after an upgrade next month and the problems I have with the lg viewty are the temperamental screen and that the camera is really slow

shutter lag?? havnt a clue mate. i just know that it works and takes canny pics with or without the xenon flash.

shutter lag?? havnt a clue mate. i just know that it works and takes canny pics with or without the xenon flash.

shutter lag is the delay between pressing the shutter button and the picture being taken

I have the C905 and I love it.

Would prefer an iPhone though.

Each to their own but I've used an iPhone and hated it. I think it's one of those gadgets that harbours a very bi-polar opinion. It's certainly not a 'must have' gadget for all.

Anyone who is contemplating one should definitely try before you buy...

I get to upgrade me phone in the middle of June sometime and really not sure what to get. I'm liking all these fancy touch screen "we do just about everything" phones, but they all seem to be pretty similar to me. The Blackberrys do look nice, but I have heard they often have problems, and other than that I am probably most likely to go for either the Samsung touch screen one or the Google phone.

Anyone had any experience with any of these? The thing that I'm most interested in is the WiFi and 3G+ internet on the Google Phone, as well as little things like built in GPS, but not too sure I like the overall look of it...

I've got a G1 and the only drawback really is the battery life not being all that great - the browser works really well, the blend of touch-screen and scroll wheel is handy, plus the keyboard comes in handy for entering addresses and talking crap on messageboards, and its perfectly capable of general use; I tend to spend most of my time on the train in the morning browsing the internet on it. Oh, and I have Doom on it. :lol:

The back-to-basics features are nice as it can do all the flash email stuff with gmail accounts, and there aren't any problems with the basic calling people up and texting side of things either. Camera is decent but not amazing quality, and all the fancy stuff like Wifi and GPS generally works.

Its less gimmicky than the iPhone, I'd say, but all the important features are brilliant.

I've got a G1 and the only drawbacks are really is that the battery life not being all that great and it looks fucking terrible.

FYP

I had the Nokia N73 and replaced it with the C902 in July. I personally have had a horrible experience with the C902, the keypad has actually fallen off, the phone is slow, it turns off randomly, freezes every now and then, it's terrible.

My brother on the other hand, got the Samsung Tocco (I think that's what it's called) in July and he's loved it and i've got to admit, it's pretty snazzy. It's a touch screen phone with a good camera and seems to be reliable.

I wouldn't get the iPhone personally, it's too much like the iPod touch...I'm just one for the Sony Ericssons. My mum got the C905 the other day, have to admit, it's impressive. Much better than my 902.

I had the Nokia N73 and replaced it with the C902 in July. I personally have had a horrible experience with the C902, the keypad has actually fallen off, the phone is slow, it turns off randomly, freezes every now and then, it's terrible.

My brother on the other hand, got the Samsung Tocco (I think that's what it's called) in July and he's loved it and i've got to admit, it's pretty snazzy. It's a touch screen phone with a good camera and seems to be reliable.

I wouldn't get the iPhone personally, it's too much like the iPod touch...I'm just one for the Sony Ericssons. My mum got the C905 the other day, have to admit, it's impressive. Much better than my 902.

My K850i was exactly the same

The new Google Phone doesn't look too bad in the flesh tbh

vodafone-htc-magic.jpg

00513_htc-magic.jpg

Think it is actually called the HTC Magic rather than the Google phone, but it is a HTC Magic w/ Google ^^

I went thru 3 K850i all with same problem. The useless joystick lasted a matter of weeks.

Posting this from my iPhone.

Top bit of kit.

Aye my K850i was fucking dogshit. The C905 though is a million times better. Not had an ounce of trouble :wub: