Smokers of the world unite and take over.

Park Life

I'm not a smoker but I sometimes wish I was. Regardless of what people say it is cool as fuck.

Its really not like. I genuinely have nothing against an individual smoking. But come on, cool as fuck? For one, in women I find it a massive turn off. Doesnt bother me now (married etc), but even coming back from my walk this week as I went through Wallsend I saw a mother smoking while pushing a pram and her bloke walking alongside carrying a can of fosters. Cool? I think not. You may conjure images of James Dean or Bettie Davis and think "cool", but then I'd have to give you an image of Pete Burns, Amy Winehouse or Bill Wyman :icon_lol:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw men complaining about the smell of cigarette smoke shows how ponsified and passive the world has become. Running around like little hens imagining themselves as little well kept havens of anti-perspirant and after-shave. Smokers won the second world war and put people on the moon.

Edited by Park Life

I'm not a smoker but I sometimes wish I was. Regardless of what people say it is cool as fuck.

Its really not like. I genuinely have nothing against an individual smoking. But come on, cool as fuck? For one, in women I find it a massive turn off. Doesnt bother me now (married etc), but even coming back from my walk this week as I went through Wallsend I saw a mother smoking while pushing a pram and her bloke walking alongside carrying a can of fosters. Cool? I think not. You may conjure images of James Dean or Bettie Davis and think "cool", but then I'd have to give you an image of Pete Burns, Amy Winehouse or Bill Wyman :icon_lol:

Obviously, it depends who is doing the smoking. The right person and it's :icon_lol:

You wouldn't smoke if you know what I know. Or you'd try and stop. Chez knows this but is in temporary denial. As for looking cool, my arse. Nothing cool about reeking of stale smoke (which is utterly repulsive to virtually every nonsmoker) or having fingers that look like you've been sticking them up your arse following a vindaloo curry. Nothing cool about being hooked up to an oxygen mask and being unable to climb the stairs because you've developed emphysema. Nothing cool about having a heart attack before you're 50, or drooling at the mouth because you've suffered a stroke before your 60. And there's nothing cool about dying prematurely.

:icon_lol:

You wouldn't smoke if you know what I know. Or you'd try and stop. Chez knows this but is in temporary denial. As for looking cool, my arse. Nothing cool about reeking of stale smoke (which is utterly repulsive to virtually every nonsmoker) or having fingers that look like you've been sticking them up your arse following a vindaloo curry. Nothing cool about being hooked up to an oxygen mask and being unable to climb the stairs because you've developed emphysema. Nothing cool about having a heart attack before you're 50, or drooling at the mouth because you've suffered a stroke before your 60. And there's nothing cool about dying prematurely.

Where you been all my life chap? The images you have conjured up have brought on a kind of semi-on, almost pre-cum like state from the depths of the old nether region. Your use of language turns me on big time........I think, with me carrying a hammer and you tied to a chair, wearing nothing but a gimp mask and my mams knickers with a ciggy in your gob (or arse even for that matter), we'd make a lovely couple.

Where you been all my life chap? The images you have conjured up have brought on a kind of semi-on, almost pre-cum like state from the depths of the old nether region. Your use of language turns me on big time........I think, with me carrying a hammer and you tied to a chair, wearing nothing but a gimp mask and my mams knickers with a ciggy in your gob (or arse even for that matter), we'd make a lovely couple.

I can see that.

agree with everything but the bit in bold. James Dean? He was cool.

Didn't die because of smoking though. Should I have made that a bit more clear? :icon_lol:

Didn't die because of smoking though. Should I have made that a bit more clear? :icon_lol:

Good point, I could die in a car crash tomorrow, why worry about smoking-related diseases?

:icon_lol: They should charge £20 for a pack of cigarettes, it's not like the smokers will never be able to mount a significant protest... I mean imagine the march

Art_208044t.jpg

Guest Stevie

I think in general the worst type of cunts on the subject of smoking are reformed smokers. I used to smoke 30 a day but chucked it, but I don't mind people smoking, I've not had a tab since Portsmouth away in 2005, and I'm pleased I chucked it, but I would never criticise anyone who continues to do so. It's like the line from Trainspotting "you get all manner of cunts tellin ye......nae way wid ah poison ma boady wae that shite....but what people forget is if we didnae like it we widnae dae it.", and that's the way I look at it. When am out and I see people smoking I fancy one all the time, that first tab when ye on the drink, fantastic, so I know why smokers do it, and I know why they think people that moan about it are wanks.

This whole thing erupted because I said I didn't like people taking the mick at work, by sloping off and not doing their work. It just so happens that smokers are the worst and most noticable offenders.

Are you saying Stevie, that if you worked that kind of environment you could happily hold your tongue while someone basically took the piss? You don't strike me as a bloke who's afraid of a little confrontation.

Guest Stevie
This whole thing erupted because I said I didn't like people taking the mick at work, by sloping off and not doing their work. It just so happens that smokers are the worst and most noticable offenders.

Are you saying Stevie, that if you worked that kind of environment you could happily hold your tongue while someone basically took the piss? You don't strike me as a bloke who's afraid of a little confrontation.

Unless I was the gaffa I couldn't give a fuck, and I'm not a grass. People should concentrate on what they're doing not what other people should be doing but aren't.

Unless I was the gaffa I couldn't give a fuck, and I'm not a grass. People should concentrate on what they're doing not what other people should be doing but aren't.

Bollocks Stevie, if some twat was taking the piss you'd have a word with them and you know it. You're just disagreeing with me because that's what you do. :icon_lol:

and no Parky, I'm not. :icon_lol:

Don't get me started on this people taking the piss at work malarky :icon_lol: I smoke at work in my designated Tin roofed "hut". I key out to take said smoke breaks therefore using my own time and not any fucker elses . Now the people who really take the piss are the tarts who key in on a morning /after lunch and then turn the bogs into Fenwicks fooking powder rooms for 15 minutes....doing the hair, putting the face on, spraying the perfume or deodorant or body spray till you frickin choke to death...and then saunter off to "start" their working day :icon_lol: And it doesn't stop there ...the "coffee/tea" brigade ( and I am including a lot of men in that too) who saunter off to the tea point , have a chat with their mates discuss relegation/new players/managers/upcoming Big Brother/Eastenders ..ad infinitum...using WORK time and not their own time. :rolleyes: Yes I may smell, no my fingers are not vindaloo yellow, my house does not smell because I do not smoke in it and it is my choice, not proud of smoking but I do it and if I die a premature death it will be nobodies fault but my own and Lambert & Butler ....but I will be doing it on MY TIME <_<

Don't get me started on this people taking the piss at work malarky :icon_lol: I smoke at work in my designated Tin roofed "hut". I key out to take said smoke breaks therefore using my own time and not any fucker elses . Now the people who really take the piss are the tarts who key in on a morning /after lunch and then turn the bogs into Fenwicks fooking powder rooms for 15 minutes....doing the hair, putting the face on, spraying the perfume or deodorant or body spray till you frickin choke to death...and then saunter off to "start" their working day :rolleyes: And it doesn't stop there ...the "coffee/tea" brigade ( and I am including a lot of men in that too) who saunter off to the tea point , have a chat with their mates discuss relegation/new players/managers/upcoming Big Brother/Eastenders ..ad infinitum...using WORK time and not their own time. <_< Yes I may smell, no my fingers are not vindaloo yellow, my house does not smell because I do not smoke in it and it is my choice, not proud of smoking but I do it and if I die a premature death it will be nobodies fault but my own and Lambert & Butler ....but I will be doing it on MY TIME :angry:

That's quite an emotional piece.

Rest assured I will take time off work to attend your funeral :icon_lol:

Don't get me started on this people taking the piss at work malarky :icon_lol: I smoke at work in my designated Tin roofed "hut". I key out to take said smoke breaks therefore using my own time and not any fucker elses . Now the people who really take the piss are the tarts who key in on a morning /after lunch and then turn the bogs into Fenwicks fooking powder rooms for 15 minutes....doing the hair, putting the face on, spraying the perfume or deodorant or body spray till you frickin choke to death...and then saunter off to "start" their working day <_< And it doesn't stop there ...the "coffee/tea" brigade ( and I am including a lot of men in that too) who saunter off to the tea point , have a chat with their mates discuss relegation/new players/managers/upcoming Big Brother/Eastenders ..ad infinitum...using WORK time and not their own time. :angry: Yes I may smell, no my fingers are not vindaloo yellow, my house does not smell because I do not smoke in it and it is my choice, not proud of smoking but I do it and if I die a premature death it will be nobodies fault but my own and Lambert & Butler ....but I will be doing it on MY TIME :angry:

That's quite an emotional piece.

Rest assured I will take time off work to attend your funeral :rolleyes:

Thank you Snakey, much appreciated...it will be a cremation in keeping with the general "theme" :icon_lol: