Time for fans to stop moaning

Christmas Tree

"unless you take responsibility for running it as millions of fans of other clubs do."

Where are these millions of fans again? Talk about missing the point entirely.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game, set and match Peasepud :scratchchin:

He's basically just repeating himself and not providing any facts to back his argument up. How this man has managed to masquerade as a credible journalist on four national newspapers I do not know. I'd wager Stevie could do a better job.

Edited by Ketsbaia

I'm amazed. You've even included a couple of comments from people who have read my article carefully and understood that it's anything but anti-Newcastle. Anyway, I've wasted enough time on you and your insults. Let's leave it there. If you and your ilk want to spend your time just moaning and waiting like whores for the next rich man to come along, fine. As long as you stop pretending the club is yours - it's no more yours than Tesco unless you take responsibility for running it as millions of fans of other clubs do. Oh, and you can tell your mate who asks where MY cheque for 375 quid is that it's where my mouth is. Right here. As soon as you lot stop coming up with pathetic excuses about the money having to come out of their children's mouths blah blah and put it on the table, mine will be there too.

I typed this into Babel Fish and converted from Bollocks to English....

"It was a quiet week. The off season. Fuck all to write about. I went for the usual Geordie wipping boys without a moments thought and have nothing to back it up with".

I'm quite flabbergasted that the Times continue to pay this man for his inane drivvel. Award winning journalist? Do me a favour.

Patrick, you're opinionated - nothing wrong with that except that you are paid handsomely to investigate the facts, not abuse your position as a platform to air your own, misguided biggoted viewpoint.

Suppose he claims that no club in the world belongs to the fans other than Barcelona. Who exactly is it then who pays for the season tickets?

Brace yourselves folks, hes replied to my latest on this morning (and hes been on here!)

Heres what I replied back with this morning following last nights little gem. :scratchchin:

Patrick,

Are you seriously saying that you don't think my reply was sensible? You may not agree with it, fair enough but please feel free to show me any stat to prove I'm wrong. I've provided you with facts to back up my argument please feel free to do the same back.

I ask you again, one simple question.

Where do you expect to find 200,000 Newcastle fans who will pay £375 when Barcelona can only manage 150,000 paying a third of that?

As for the phrase "representative of an age in which the reader thinks he knows as much as the writer", well Patrick it would appear that is the case. Thanks to the wonder of Internet we are now in an age where readers have more of an insight into the real world than some journalist sitting at a desk desperately trying to think of something clever to write.

For the record, I have no problem with the sentiment of your article, we all would love it if the club was in the fans hands however a sense of reality drags most of us back into the real world.

As for supporter numbers, even the great Manchester United have only managed to get 34,000 people to join their trust, Liverpool just under 40,000 (both highly respectable figures I may add). In both cases, the membership at this stage is free, what percentage of those do you think would be both willing and able to then fork out £375 to buy their club?

If Liverpool and Manchester United combined can't manage 40% of the numbers you propose then how do you think a Championship club can do it?

As for the statement that "all other replies were sensible" I can only assume that translated means "all other replies agreed with Patrick".

In all of this, you still haven't thought about how the club is financed after the sale or how the debts would be paid or how we could fund transfers or how any one of a thousand finance related problems could be resolved.

Rather than gauge the level of support from your bulging inbox how about you give Radio 5 live a call and ask to appear on one of their regular football phone ins to discuss this. I for one would be more than ready to call in and debate the issue, lets see then just how many people agree it can be done.

Or to see how Newcastle fans react to your comments then please feel free to visit > http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=24667 you could even sign up and debate it with us. I'll apologise in advance for the language though, being told we aren't passionate or love our club because we wont raise £75million ourselves doesn't really go down well.

Peter

And he came, he saw, he spat his dummy. :razz: :razz:

I'm amazed. You've even included a couple of comments from people who have read my article carefully and understood that it's anything but anti-Newcastle. Anyway, I've wasted enough time on you and your insults. Let's leave it there. If you and your ilk want to spend your time just moaning and waiting like whores for the next rich man to come along, fine. As long as you stop pretending the club is yours - it's no more yours than Tesco unless you take responsibility for running it as millions of fans of other clubs do. Oh, and you can tell your mate who asks where MY cheque for 375 quid is that it's where my mouth is. Right here. As soon as you lot stop coming up with pathetic excuses about the money having to come out of their children's mouths blah blah and put it on the table, mine will be there too.

Pud, ive raised this before, but if Man u and Liverpool are letting people join their trusts for free, why are NUSC still charging.

Confused!

Apart from anything else, and there's a lot else, all this seems incredibly unproffessional. Pud's emails seemed perfectly polite and sensible to me, it's the replies that are aggressive and rude. It's a shame because it's an interesting debate. All he had to do was accept there were huge problems with the plan: a plan that looks brilliant in principle but doesn't seem workable in practice.

Pud, ive raised this before, but if Man u and Liverpool are letting people join their trusts for free, why are NUSC still charging.

Confused!

Because Man U and Liverpool are just trusts, they're not supporters clubs as well. The trust is one aspect the SC is the other, in the respect of Man U though they have been charging and I believe have built up around £3.5m already. The members of the trust are then expected to put their hands in their pockets to make up the additional funds needed should the time come.

Id estimate that 90-95% of trusts charge a fee, the whole idea being to raise money should the time come.

Well at least he replied. I think the tone of the article weren't all that bad. Remember he lives in another world and all that.

I didnt have any problem with the tone or the sentiment of the article. What I questioned was the logistics of it. I'd love to know where he thinks we read the article as any kind of anti-NUFC writing.

I would love to know where the millions of fans who run their clubs are and who they represent.

Sounds like a bit of a fabrication to me...

Well at least he replied. I think the tone of the article weren't all that bad. Remember he lives in another world and all that.

I didnt have any problem with the tone or the sentiment of the article. What I questioned was the logistics of it. I'd love to know where he thinks we read the article as any kind of anti-NUFC writing.

The original aarticle's tone is okay as you say - it's his responses to legitimate criticism of it that grates.

The original aarticle's tone is okay as you say - it's his responses to legitimate criticism of it that grates.

I wonder who we could pass it to?

:scratchchin:

Simon Bird......he'll email to every football journo in Britain :scratchchin:

Simon Bird

Agreed. I think it'd be interesting to see what one of his peers thinks of his inane cobblers particualrly one who is from the area and has the first clue about the fans of our club.

:scratchchin:

Yes, I would love to see him name one club.

Barcelona is a different thing all together as the fans have owned the club for a long time, certainly before the mega money hit the game anyway.

I have no idea how he reached the estimate of ''millions'' or how many other clubs in England he thinks are ran by the fans.

I can't name one in the top three divisions.

It looks like we have a lot of tesco clubs out there!

Do Simon Bird or George Caulkin attend any of the NUSC events or is it just the big meetings?

I believe that they may be here tonight (I still have a couple of tickets left which people can have cheap :razz: ) I know they've been invited but whether they can make it is another thing.

Heres hoping though :scratchchin:

Do Simon Bird or George Caulkin attend any of the NUSC events or is it just the big meetings?

I believe that they may be here tonight (I still have a couple of tickets left which people can have cheap :razz: ) I know they've been invited but whether they can make it is another thing.

Heres hoping though :scratchchin:

I take it you shall be highlighting this particular topic? :razz:

it may get mentioned, then again I may just hand the transcript to Simon Donald and ask him to read it out, probably one of the best bits of comedy we'll have (although I can confirm that our two comedians are top notch and you'll be pissing yourself*)

*the bogs are out of order

Pud was a little confrontational and as everyone says, the original article's tone wasnt that bad in a 'there there, pat you on the head and go ahh' way. The problem everyone quite rightly has is that he is suggesting we do something that is logistically and mathematically problematic and then calling us when we question the logistics, in particular the figures around numbers and annual fees.

To be called on our passion and call us whores because we think his argument is shit, is affront to common fucking decency.

I'd be happy to take this up with his editor when i get back home next week.

Lesson #431 of internet debating Patrick, you get found out when you talk shit, this isnt Jimmy Hill's fucking sofa.