Gardens

Kid Dynamite

I put my week off to good use and sorted my garden. Last week it was a big patch of weed covered grass. Now its. . . .

4814_194041615022_565140022_7209732_485117_n.jpg

Might be nowt flash but it surprising how much satisfaction you get out of DIY when you own your own place

That middle fence post needs another coat of creosote tbh.

Theres 2 of them like that, they were warping so I turned them round and they had no stain on the other side.

As for the decking, my mate does it for a living, I just lent a hand

I prefer yards these days anyway.

At the end of the day you want somewhere to sit and be comfortable, looks like it will do the job.

Grass is annoying as fuck unless you are a keen gardener who will enjoy flowers and stuff.

These fashionable 'gardens' with the chippings, trendy pot plants, stones and decking look fine but to me they lack charm and individuality, I find them cold. I prefer a 'real' cottage style garden.

These fashionable 'gardens' with the chippings, trendy pot plants, stones and decking look fine but to me they lack charm and individuality, I find them cold. I prefer a 'real' cottage style garden.

Well I think that's down to money & time.

You'll find the most comfortable gardens have normally had a few years work put in I imagine.

Not a week for a garden to entertain under 40's (probably) and people who probably aren't into to gardening.

At the end of the day you want somewhere to sit and be comfortable, looks like it will do the job.

Grass is annoying as fuck unless you are a keen gardener who will enjoy flowers and stuff.

Aye my mate who's a gardener (does Alnwick gardens and the like, not just local house lawns) says there's no point in a lawn unless it's large enough to need a ride-on. Better to get it paved and have flowering plants dotted around the edges or in islands.

Yea I can imagine he's right.

The last lawn that was mine to look after I ignored and it was fucking rank. Then there was one we got mowed for us at uni, that was cool but for me I don't see if it's worth having if you aren't really going to use it.

If it's for display, a few plant pots, some decking, a chimenea or a patio heater will do.

Aye my mate who's a gardener (does Alnwick gardens and the like, not just local house lawns) says there's no point in a lawn unless it's large enough to need a ride-on. Better to get it paved and have flowering plants dotted around the edges or in islands.

This suggests otherwise like.... <_<

http://www.firebox.com/product/1409/Subbut...nflatable-Pitch