Nice easy start

sweetleftpeg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How the mighty have fallen :D

Special mention to Blackpool though as we play Cardiff away the Saturday prior to this. <_<

:lol: posted fixtures.... :(

Edited by The Fish

The reality of this is setting in for me now. Looking at those fixtures I don't feel particularly confident of that many wins, as things stand I think we may have as good a chance of going down as getting promoted. Please God something positive come out of the club soon!

Indicative of how far we've fallen in 12 months don't you think? If we'd been told this time last year that we were going to open the season away at West Brom we'd all have been as happy as pigs in shit.

A very hard opening month for anyone I suppose.

We really need to get stuff sorted, a club can't just be on stand by before going into a division like this, especially with the problems we have.

It would be madness.

Guest Stevie

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but there are 8-10 sets of midweek fixtures. Every home club in the division are scheduled to play on a Tuesday night apart from us, all of our home games are the only ones on a Wednesday, I wonder why that is.

How the mighty have fallen :D

Special mention to Blackpool though as we play Cardiff away the Saturday prior to this. <_<

:lol: posted fixtures.... :(

Could be a canny (very) long weekend that though.

The reality of this is setting in for me now. Looking at those fixtures I don't feel particularly confident of that many wins, as things stand I think we may have as good a chance of going down as getting promoted. Please God something positive come out of the club soon!

I had exactly the same feeling reading through it.

Shit.

I've been saying that since we went down <_<

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but there are 8-10 sets of midweek fixtures. Every home club in the division are scheduled to play on a Tuesday night apart from us, all of our home games are the only ones on a Wednesday, I wonder why that is.

TV?

Still looking forward to this season though! Been looking at Torquay's fixtures in a new league too.

There used to be a championship round up program Sat or Sun mornings? I'll have to start watching that too. Disapointed I have to wait untill April for the Plymouth game.

Is the beeb going to be showing live games then?

BBC -

Coca Cola Championship - Live Coca Cola Championship Football On TV with 10 exclusive first pick matches each season

Carling Cup - 2 legs of the semi finals and shared live coverage of the Carling Cup Final from Wembley

2010 World Cup - Live Coverage of the 2010 World Cup from South Africa, including shared live coverage of the 2010 World Cup Final

http://www.live-footballontv.com/football-tv-rights-uk.html

I can't help feeling hopeful, it happens every season. Still there's plenty of time this pre-season for it to be knocked out of me before we kick a ball in anger.

Is the beeb going to be showing live games then?

BBC -

Coca Cola Championship - Live Coca Cola Championship Football On TV with 10 exclusive first pick matches each season

Carling Cup - 2 legs of the semi finals and shared live coverage of the Carling Cup Final from Wembley

2010 World Cup - Live Coverage of the 2010 World Cup from South Africa, including shared live coverage of the 2010 World Cup Final

http://www.live-footballontv.com/football-tv-rights-uk.html

West Brom vs Toon on the opening day will surely be one of their games then.

Guest Stevie

They're guaranteed 1m extra viewers if we're on, if they could get away with it they'd have us on 10 times, you watch we'll be on at least six of the ten.

REe: midweek fixtures, we're away 5 and home 5. Just so happens that every midweek away fixture we've got lands on a Tuesday and every midweek Home game is a Wednesday.... I'm sure it's coincidence.

Guest Stevie
REe: midweek fixtures, we're away 5 and home 5. Just so happens that every midweek away fixture we've got lands on a Tuesday and every midweek Home game is a Wednesday.... I'm sure it's coincidence.

We're the only home team on a Wednesday ya daft cunt!

Blackpool on a Tuesday night ffs. :lol:

Unbelievable. <_<

Canny little weekend that man.

Away to Cardiff on Saturday 12th, then a couple of days on the hoy in blackpool before the game on Tuesday night.

:D

Edited by Happy Face

Unbelievable. <_<

Away to Cardiff on Saturday 12th, then a couple of days on the hoy in blackpool before the game on Tuesday night.

I watched one of those 'Secret Millionaire' programmes recently which was set in Blackpool. Made the place seem like it was peopled by drug addicts and no-hopers. Shame if that's what it's like these days as I used to love kicking around it in my youth, the Golden Mile etc. The beach was a bit shit by the pier though iirc, better up the coast at Clevelys.

Blackpool on a Tuesday night ffs. :(

Unbelievable. :D

:lol:

Cardiff then Blackpool <_< I'd rather poke myself in the eye with a shitty stick.

My only reasons for being hopeful thus far is an easy season with Newcastle in the Championship on Football Manager <_<'

Edited by Revolver

Unbelievable. <_<

I watched one of those 'Secret Millionaire' programmes recently which was set in Blackpool. Made the place seem like it was peopled by drug addicts and no-hopers. Shame if that's what it's like these days as I used to love kicking around it in my youth, the Golden Mile etc. The beach was a bit shit by the pier though iirc, better up the coast at Clevelys.

Make no mistake... it's a shithole.