KK to Southampton?

Craig

IS Saints legend Kevin Keegan about to make a sensational return to the club?

Exclusive pictures printed in today’s Daily Echo appear to show the former England and Newcastle boss meeting Matthew Le Tissier and former chairman Leon Crouch.

There is no hint as to whether ex-Saints striker Keegan would return as manager or director of football.

He may even have been just enjoying a friendly chat with Crouch and Le Tissier, who is a prospective board member should the Pinnacle group take over the club.

Source: http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/4444819.Is...ing_to_Saints_/

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Former Southampton chairman Leon Crouch has refused to comment on speculation suggesting that Kevin Keegan may make a sensational return to the club.

Local newspaper reports have linked the relegated League One club with their former star player of the early 1980s.

Current boss Mark Wotte's contract runs out on 30 June, and he is due to clarify his position with the club's intended new owners on Friday.

But Crouch's Pinnacle group insist Keegan has not had a formal approach.

BBC Radio Solent sports editor Adam Blackmore told Radio 5 Live: "We've seen photos this morning taken on a mobile seemingly showing Kevin Keegan with Matt Le Tissier and former chairman Leon Crouch, although none with the three of them together.

"Le Tissier is due to become chairman of the new board at the club if the takeover is completed successfully, and Crouch has been helping the Pinnacle group with that deal.

"Mark Wotte is still under contract. The deal is due to be completed on Friday and then people will speak."

Former Fulham, England, Manchester City and Newcastle United manager Keegan has been out of the game since quitting St James' Park for a second time last September.

He first came to Southampton in July 1980 when Lawrie McMenemy lured him back to English football for £400,000 following three years with SV Hamburg.

Keegan spent two years at The Dell, hitting 37 goals in 68 league games.

During that time, Southampton finished sixth and seventh in successive seasons in the English top flight before Keegan left in August 1982 to join Newcastle.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ton/8106934.stm

Still his fault of course why we are in the mess that we are in. The actions of those above him since his departure have of course proved him wrong.

To be honest had Ashley put his finger in his pocket and appointed a decent manager (quickly), even to ''protect his investment'' we would have probably stayed up easily.

To be honest had Ashley put his finger in his pocket and appointed a decent manager (quickly), even to ''protect his investment'' we would have probably stayed up easily.

Would have been even better if the cunt had let Keegan do his job properly.

He'll be in charge of a club who frankly need a hero right now, under a chairman who obviously cares about the club. I can't see how it will go wrong and I will be cheering for him.

They can say whatever they like about Keegan and his track record, but even his most steadfast detractors would find it hard to argue that he doesn't know how to save a club on the skids.

How long before Keegan loses interest (if he takes the job)? I question his levels of patience for anything like this anymore. Will be very annoying to have to see his face again.

He'll walk out, just like he did in his previous jobs.

The man is still a legend though, and wish him the best of luck.

:scratchchin:

That common mis-conception really pisses me off. There's only one job he truly walked away from and that was the England one. The rest were all for good reason.

Tbh, his departures are mainly based around his feeling at the time; "Furthest I can take the club" and "I wish to retire at the end of the season".

When the pressure gets going, he's off.

Tbh, his departures are mainly based around his feeling at the time; "Furthest I can take the club" and "I wish to retire at the end of the season".

You're 15, I wouldn't expect anything else from a kid who only knows what the general media spout :scratchchin:

You're 15, I wouldn't expect anything else from a kid who only knows what the general media spout :razz:

My sincere apologies on my lack of experience and knowledge due to my young age, I hope it doesn't refrain me from debating in the future.

:scratchchin:

You're 15, I wouldn't expect anything else from a kid who only knows what the general media spout :scratchchin:

So it's total media fabrication that K has a tendency to throw in the towel and quit as soon the pressure is on or that he doesnt get everything his way?

So it's total media fabrication that K has a tendency to throw in the towel and quit as soon the pressure is on or that he doesnt get everything his way?

You're 25, I wouldn't expect anything else from a kid who only knows what the general media spout :razz:. Another seven years and I might consider you opinion.

Edited by ChriszyD