Owen to Hull?

bobbyshinton

Just read his 'brochure'...

'Good Looking' as a brand value? WTF has that got to do with it? Dirk Kuyt looks like a fucking mong but at least he had a better season last year.

Well Beckham has made a football career out of being photographed. :rolleyes:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Good Looking' as a brand value? WTF has that got to do with it? Dirk Kuyt looks like a fucking mong but at least he had a better season last year.

And being class at football.

You've changed your flag!

The race for Owen is really heating up...

Stoke join race to capture Owen

Stoke City chairman Peter Coates has said that the Potters will contact Michael Owen's representatives in a bid to sign the England striker.

Owen will be available on a free transfer at the end of June when his contract with Newcastle expires.

Coates told BBC Radio Stoke: "It's a call Tony [Pulis, Stoke manager] will make in due course. I've no doubt he's given it some thought.

"Owen is a very fine player, and he'll be looking to see what's available."

Owen, who joined the Magpies for £16m from Real Madrid in August 2005, is thought to be earning over £100,000-a-week at St James' Park and Coates acknowledged that his wage demands may be a sticking point.

"That could become a problem we can't meet, but you can offset these things by not paying a transfer fee," said the City chairman.

Pulis, who guided Stoke to a 12th-placed finish in their first season in the Premier League, also said that he would be interested in brining Owen to the Potteries.

"You never say never in football, so of course I'd be interested in throwing my hat into the ring if it was ever viable," he told The Sentinel newspaper.

"I'm not sure whether Michael would want to come here right now, but that situation could always change.

"He would be a great signing for this football club, and rest assured the fans would treat him as one of their own."

The former Liverpool striker has started just 58 games in his four season with Newcastle, and Pulis is well aware of his injury problems.

"They've been well publicised, but if you've got a fit Michael Owen then you've got one hell of a player on your hands," said the former Gillingham boss.

Owen, who has scored 40 goals in 89 appearances for England, rejected a new deal at St James' Park at the turn of the year.

On Monday he confirmed that he would be leaving Newcastle, stating his desire to remain in the Premier League.

"I don't think I'm going to be re-signing at Newcastle and I would prefer to play in the Premier League or a top division somewhere else," said the 29-year-old.

"There are plenty of clubs who would interest me but we will see where that is, whether that's home or abroad.

"Obviously, the Premier League is where I feel I belong. I played a year out in Spain and enjoyed it at Real Madrid but it definitely confirmed to me that I prefer the Premier League.

"So if it was to be a good English club, that would be my preference but I have had quite a lot of interest from abroad, so I wouldn't rule that out."

Owen's decision to leave Newcastle has alerted Stoke's Premier League rivals Hull City, who have already confirmed their interest in signing the former Liverpool frontman.

"The interest is very serious," Hull chairman Paul Duffen told BBC Radio Humberside.

"We can give him reasons why we believe a move to Hull City would be a good decision for his career right now.

"It's obviously a long shot because there'll be a number of other clubs lining up to turn his head in their direction as well but it would be absolutely right to say we are very interested."

not a bad comparison really, when beckham was dropped by capello for Real he worked his arse off to impress him and subsequently got back in the real madrid side that won the league

owen has given up and is hoping his reputation will work for him

not a bad comparison really, when beckham was dropped by capello for Real he worked his arse off to impress him and subsequently got back in the real madrid side that won the league

owen has given up and is hoping his reputation will work for him

True enough. Beckham's game isn't all about pace and sharpness in the way Owen's is (or rather was) though.

Hull and Stoke, bet he wished he'd tried a bit harder here now.

Not surprising, he's just the latest in a long line who's routinely under-performed at NUFC.

His fall from grace is staggering though!

Tom's normally the one to be relied upon for scurrying reconaissance work.