Wimbledon

smoggeordie

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone but that Scottish twat.

or is he ''British'' now :icon_lol:

Depends if there is any decent English players going about, until then he will be firmly British. :icon_lol:

Love Wimbledon like.

Was very impressed with Murray at Queen's but (a bit like Federer at the French) he could really do with a shock outsider knocking out the favourite for him as I still think Federer has what it takes to beat Murray on grass. Murray's probably been the most consistent player over the last 12 months or so though so who knows.

That was the general dialogue of the BBC.

Mainly on the back of Henman and Rusedski but they have changed their tune once they have seen a young 'British' prospect.

That was the general dialogue of the BBC.

Mainly on the back of Henman and Rusedski but they have changed their tune once they have seen a young 'British' prospect.

Rusedski was always referred to as English, was he? :icon_lol:

Setting up to be a nice tournament this year. Full coverage on German telly as well.

French was quality this year I thought.

I'd like to see him get through to the final, but I reckon the pressure and staggering caliber of other players will get to him. He's a good player and I'm not clear as to why he gets so much abuse? Is it the English "Ooooh that's succesful, we must point out it's failures" thing?

I'd like to see him get through to the final, but I reckon the pressure and staggering caliber of other players will get to him. He's a good player and I'm not clear as to why he gets so much abuse? Is it the English "Ooooh that's succesful, we must point out it's failures" thing?

I think it's mainly a case of he won't be accepted until he wins a Grand Slam event and even then perhaps not until he wins Wimbledon because it's about the only tennis tournament most people in the UK take any interest in.

For me it's the English ''The Scottish twat firmly nailed his colours to the flag when wearing a Portugal shirt in England's quarter final match'' Thing.

And now the opportunity to watch teenage girls in short, tight dresses without feeling guilty.

It's always the mopping up the navel bit when the guilt kicks in.

I find that, anyway.

For me it's the English ''The Scottish twat firmly nailed his colours to the flag when wearing a Portugal shirt in England's quarter final match'' Thing.

Who gives a fuck though?