An example of why I don't get on with my sisters...

The Fish

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kind of limited to restaurants within a short walking distance of the theatre on the Strand. She won't get the tube and I refuse to get a taxi for a 10-fifteen minute walk.

Why wont she get the tube?

I want you to imagine something; you're a 29yr old 20+ Stone woman. The tube chairs are too small for you, the heat and still air is making you sweat and feel faint. You have to squeeze through turnstiles that everyone else is breezing through. You can't move quickly and everyone around you is in a rush. People have to shove past you on the escalator.

Probably prefer to get a cab... wouldn't you?

I want you to imagine something; you're a 29yr old 20+ Stone woman. The tube chairs are too small for you, the heat and still air is making you sweat and feel faint. You have to squeeze through turnstiles that everyone else is breezing through. You can't move quickly and everyone around you is in a rush. People have to shove past you on the escalator.

I'd rather jog there by the sound of it. :o

I love the way you always come on here living your fatty days through your "sister" :o

She might get wedged in one of the tunnels.

Feel a bit bad now.

Not read the whole thread but last year Asda had COD:5 for 27 quid the first weekend it was out. So if you are lucky and hold out you could get Modern Warfare 2 as your birthday present. You need to think outside the tank fish.

Perhaps she's seeing that you are ok for food and stuff?

A few mates at Uni were only ever given supermarket vouchers and not cash off their parents so that they wouldn't squander it on shite.

:o I could understand if I was at Uni, or if she was concerned about my diet, but I know that neither of those are true. Oh, by the way Renton, I'd put all the money in my pocket against all the money in yours that she didn't remember herself. It's remarkable that ever since Facebook's come along she's not forgot one of my birthdays.

fuckin great this like.

Women !!

You're going out on a date with your sister for your birthday?

yeah, great isn't it .... :razz::scratchhead:

Depends. ;)

It's not the fat one anyway.

yeah, it is :o

Honestly? The "where we go" part is up to me, she's a fussy eater, doesn't like most "foreign food", so I've got to stick to Italian or American (I know I know). I've been looking for a family restaurant so that ther'es no confusion as to why there's a lad and a lass of similar age sitting alone together. I'm that concious of being seen with her. :scratchhead: I know I'm a shit brother, but they're not great siblings either :aye:

no good sending her in my direction. I fuckin can't be arsed with fussy eaters

I can see where Mr Fish is coming from, I'd be abit upset if my bruv or sis did the same for my birthday. Its not the amount of money as I'd be happy with something for a fiver, but there's no thought gone into it, its so impersonal. When I choose a pressie for my brother, sister or anyone I really put some thought into it. I am already planning their Xmas pressies! I love giving gifts but even if its just a small pressie for a work mate I try and find out what they actually like.

spoken like a true lady

You can buy me anything you like for Xmas

Guest Stevie

Has the sister who eats all the sweets stopped following through.

I have a great relationship with my sister, I think having an 8 year age gap helps as there's never been a competitive edge, which similarly aged siblings have.

Has the sister who eats all the sweets stopped following through.

I have a great relationship with my sister, I think having an 8 year age gap helps as there's never been a competitive edge, which similarly aged siblings have.

Genuine question Stevie, did your sister try and be a mother whenever your mam wasn't around? I think that's partly why I don't get on with her, despite there only being 6 years gap, she's always been a bit of the angry mam. Not the caring nurturing, "Here have a biscuit" mam, but the "you're a naughty little boy and we're disappointed in you" mam.

She's also got this habit of saying "I know" when you're talking about something on which she hasn't got an inkling. It's probably just a habit, she means to say "Uh-huh" or something, but it really winds me up. My Uni mate and I were chatting about Leeds and where the best place to go for a meal is, and throughout she was saying she knew... She's never been out for a meal in Leeds. I got so wound up I had to leave the conversation and make a brew :o

Doesn't help that I'm pretty arrogant like.

Guest alex

I get on well with my sis like. Just one of them things really if you don't. Bit of a shame but not the end of the world either.

Like I said, it's no big deal for me, it's my folks I feel for. I've a great relationship with them and it must be crap knowing your offspring don't like eachother.

Have you discussed her weight with her Fish? In an empathic manner?

Sounds like this meal might be a good opportunity to begin to help her out of her bad situation.