Vegetable Growing

Christmas Tree

Gardman Polytunnel

1749-634062333834218750_cm-scale_w-800_h-710_q-80.jpg

Gardman have brought out a great steel framed polytunnel for £99.

We got ours from Clays, washington but its also in highly gate morpeth.

Its 3 metres long by 2 metres wide and about 7ft tall with a strong polythene cover over a very sturdy steel frame.

A great buy at the price to allow for lots of toms, peppers etc.

P.S. The picture definitely does not do it justice.

They're on ebay for £80 with free delivery.

I bought something similar last year and the first strong winds we had it just evaporated, how tough is this CT? It's a decent size like.

Aye I saw them on ebay however for the sake of £19 I wanted the peace of mind of being able to take it back and get it sorted if not right. As it happened when we open the box and assembled it the plastic was coming away from the the zip. We got it changed within an hour.

It seems very tough to me, but time will tell. Our allotment neighbour bought one online for £50 which looks pants.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want a polycarbonate greenhouse tbh but it's gonna mean parting with £400 snots.

I'd love a greenhouse for the back garden.

There seems to be some canny bargains on adtrader for greenhouses.

Don't fancy the dis-assembling carry on, more hassle than it's worth imo.

I want a polycarbonate greenhouse tbh but it's gonna mean parting with £400 snots.

I'd love a greenhouse for the back garden.

There seems to be some canny bargains on adtrader for greenhouses.

Don't fancy the dis-assembling carry on, more hassle than it's worth imo.

No frills at benton's got some decent sized greenhouses in for £160.

I've got 2 greenhouses, one's for veggies, toms, peppers, chillis, cucumbers, radishes, herbs and the other grows all my bedding plants.

They've also got some small poly tunnels in.

Well, spent yesterday sorting out the back garden.

Got one bed planted up with Courgettes, cucumbers and Pumpkins with a row of peas in the other one.

vegpatch003.jpg

Moved the plastic greenhouse thingy outside to harden off some of the remaining odds and ends tho no idea where my 25 odd tomato plants are going to go but it is a shame to chuck them having raised the little blighters. (Family or church sale no doubt).

vegpatch002.jpg

Now just got to weed the patio :o

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Well bit late getting going this year but have just ordered the following

RHUBARB - GLASKINS PERPETUAL - 150 FINEST SEEDS,

SWEET PEPPER - SWEET BANANA - 125 SEEDS,

SWEET CORN - SWEETCORN - DOLCE - 50 FINEST SEEDS,

PEA - PETITE POIS - WAVEREX - 400 FINEST SEEDS,

CHERRY TOMATO - CERISE - 0.4GM APPROX 140 SEEDS

GIANT SUNFLOWER - SKYSCRAPER - 4M PLUS - 40 SEEDS

RADISH - CRIMSON GIANT- 1000 SEEDS

TOMATO - TIGERELLA - 120 FINEST SEEDS,

ITALIAN COURGETTE - COCOZELLE DI NAPOLI - 30 SEEDS

CUCUMBER - MARKETMORE 76 - 80 FINEST SEEDS,

PEA - FELTHAM FIRST - FIRST EARLY - 300 SEEDS

ROCKET -WILD - 2000 SEEDS,

ITALIAN COURGETTE - BIANCA DI TRIESTE - 25 FINEST SEEDS

SWEET PEPPER - BIG RED - 100 SEEDS

TOMATO - GARDENERS DELIGHT - 120 FINEST SEEDS

SPINACH

All from an excellent seller on ebay called premier seeds direct

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Premier-Seeds-Dir...sid=p4340.l2563

I was also at the garden centre today and they wanted 30-40 snots for fruit trees. Walking around Morrisons I found various apple trees such as Cox's and cherry trees etc for 5 snots a go.

Bargain imo

• 2 years later...

Missed out last year due to the criminally bad weather but determined to get some stuff away this year.

Great day yesterday changing it from the weed infested overgrown patch into a lush come and plant be bed.

Out early at work today to get some extra pennies for veg plants ( can't be arsed with seeds this year), herbs for the pots and some flowers.

Hopefully in the garden by lunchtime weather permitting.

Couldn't think of another relevant thread to put this on so I thought that I will ask it here.

My dad's been going on about ages about how he wants a BBQ pit in his garden. In all honesty he's absolutely terrible at any sort of DIY (I'm even worse) and when my grandad was alive he used to do it all for him.

I was wondering if anybody on here has any experience of building a BBQ pit? So I can do some research for him to save him the bother and it will be a nice little surprise for him. :)

Missed out last year due to the criminally bad weather but determined to get some stuff away this year.

Great day yesterday changing it from the weed infested overgrown patch into a lush come and plant be bed.

Out early at work today to get some extra pennies for veg plants ( can't be arsed with seeds this year), herbs for the pots and some flowers.

Hopefully in the garden by lunchtime weather permitting.

1226656.jpg

Couldn't think of another relevant thread to put this on so I thought that I will ask it here.

My dad's been going on about ages about how he wants a BBQ pit in his garden. In all honesty he's absolutely terrible at any sort of DIY (I'm even worse) and when my grandad was alive he used to do it all for him.

I was wondering if anybody on here has any experience of building a BBQ pit? So I can do some research for him to save him the bother and it will be a nice little surprise for him. :)

??? Metal works here, buy your own bricks! :lol: Layout looks pretty straight forward.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Premier-Hampshire-DIY-BBQ-Do-It-Yourself-Barbeque-Bricks-Not-Included-/130880913963?pt=UK_Home_Garden_BBQ_s_Accessories_LE&hash=item1e791c422b

• 1 month later...

Champion afternoon in the garden while the boy sleeps.

Managed to get carrots, lettuce and peas in. Starting to look decent again apart from my unfinished false grass.

love this time of the year when everything is getting going. Leaves on the trees, flowers on the clematis, apple trees and strawberrys and all the perennials fighting their way out of the soil.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...