Sunderland excuses.

peasepud

They moan on about how its unfair that the location is stopping the likes of Crouch signing, well I've got news for you lads, its not the location, being on the North East coast never stopped us signing a player.

Its not where you are its what you are, Sunderland, a nothing, shit tip of a place stuck between us and the Boro. Nothing in its own right, just a small area near to Newcastle and Durham.

Even when players do sign for them, where do they live? Roker? Seaham? no, Newcastle, on the quayside or in Darras Hall.

Fuckers have had 2 months of their fun its time we started to take the piss back. :D

They moan on about how its unfair that the location is stopping the likes of Crouch signing, well I've got news for you lads, its not the location, being on the North East coast never stopped us signing a player.

Its not where you are its what you are, Sunderland, a nothing, shit tip of a place stuck between us and the Boro. Nothing in its own right, just a small area near to Newcastle and Durham.

Even when players do sign for them, where do they live? Roker? Seaham? no, Newcastle, on the quayside or in Darras Hall.

Fuckers have had 2 months of their fun its time we started to take the piss back. :icon_lol:

I'll call The Profitable Group. :D

Fuckers have had 2 months of their fun its time we started to take the piss back. :icon_lol:

White Van with a mackem sticker cut you up this morning or soething :D

You're not wrong though. :icon_lol:

Edited by The Fish

Guest TheNewinsider

Sad excuse for a post, especially from a moderator :icon_lol::razz:

You're going to find it near impossible to take the piss back, its now July 17th and you still have no new owner, no manager in place, and a group of demoralized players on inflated wages who are eager to jump ship, and an alleged rumor (from nufc-forum.com) that you're going to go into administration in 9 days (not saying I 100% believe that). Your club is well and truly fucked in total if you think about it. You can sit and "laugh" at us for likely failing to sign Peter Crouch, but what you fail to realise is that at least we have the funds to aim for a player like him now and at least we can get him up to talk to you. Crouch is not a world class player, but he's about 10 times above your level now (not just by his height either). The type of player which about is your level now, is the type of player which we are eager to ship out of our team and move on from. By the time you return to the premiership (that's if you ever do), you will be on the wrong side of a large gulf in quality in comparison to us. That gulf acting on your behalf previously which has been the principal cause of you beating us several times such as the games in 1996, 2006, 2008, etc.

Secondly city of sunderland isn't "nothing" as you seem to describe it as, of course its nothing compared to the bright lights of London and the south and isn't exactly amongst the "elite" of cities in the UK, and isn't quite as good as Newcastle (though that isn't the argument).

For "nothing in its own right" it will have a world heritage site by 2010, a 7th century building where education and the rebirth of learning in england began. There is also a £180 million agreement in place to build the tallest building in the region which will also be bigger than anything Scotland. A new quality shopping centre will be joining this tower, then there's the Hilton Hotel to be built this year (something newcastle doesn't have for those who claim Gatesheads assets as their own). There's also money from the government into building the tallest bridge in the United Kingdom in Sunderland. Then HM Court services are funding a new court and law complex in the city centre (which was announced today). A nothing city also isn't tied with Washington D.C, Essen, nanjing and Harbin, is it?

As for what it currently has, it also has the largest theatre venue in the Northeast, and the only one which can stage west end shows. It has a rapidly improving and expanding modern university, which yet another £75 million campus is almost completed along with new funds to recruit some of the finest software lecturers and professors in the country. Mowbray park was also voted "the best city park in Britain" last year, beating even Hyde park (much to my suprise though). You should also look at the regeneration they done in Sunniside, a new conference centre, an expensive new art and music facility, new apartments and the rejuvanted modern gardens. Plus there's the most important thing of all, a rapidly improving premier league football team :D

Sunderland's economy has increased by 83% from 1995, which is far above the national average growth and is very impressive for a city which only gained status in 1992. Hardly "nothing" is it? Sunderland may be inferior to Newcastle but it isn't nothing in total. Due to a recent city status its never developed as much as the others, but it will eventually overtake them as it's heading in the right direction. Though its no suprise why a player would choose London over Sunderland, I think a player would choose London over any city though in the long run, and if sunderland is so close to this almighty city of "Newcastle" (which bare it in mind claims half of Gatesheads attractions as it's own), why can't the players just all enjoy the mights of this nearby newcastle instead and have no problem moving to Sunderland? :icon_lol:

FTM

"Bigger than anything in Scotland"

:D

A tiny, nothing town that is known only by virtue of being in our shadow. Populated by bigots and dole-scum.

Bragging about being linked with the murder capital of the US? You couldn't mack it up

Guest TheNewinsider

A tiny, nothing town that is known only by virtue of being in our shadow. Populated by bigots and dole-scum.

Bragging about being linked with the murder capital of the US? You couldn't mack it up

Read it again, I was talking about a future building, not the city in itself...

I know what you meant, I was mocking you for bragging about being bigger than any high rise in scotland... given that there aren't many.

fucking hell

oh and to clarify, DC isn't the murder capital, it's just a shit hole.

Guest TheNewinsider

Oh yes I forgot how these people do not seem to exist in the soley perfect heaven of "Newcastle". :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :razz:

Oh yes I forgot how these people do not seem to exist in the soley perfect heaven of "Newcastle". :icon_lol::icon_lol::razz:

I'm not surprise you forgot, they say too much sniffing glue on park benches can have an adverse affect on your memory.

Quite why you felt the need to put Newcastle in speech marks is beyond me. The name of the place has never been in doubt. spackem.

Sad excuse for a post, especially from a moderator :icon_lol::razz:

You're going to find it near impossible to take the piss back, its now July 17th and you still have no new owner, no manager in place, and a group of demoralized players on inflated wages who are eager to jump ship, and an alleged rumor (from nufc-forum.com) that you're going to go into administration in 9 days (not saying I 100% believe that). Your club is well and truly fucked in total if you think about it. You can sit and "laugh" at us for likely failing to sign Peter Crouch, but what you fail to realise is that at least we have the funds to aim for a player like him now and at least we can get him up to talk to you. Crouch is not a world class player, but he's about 10 times above your level now (not just by his height either). The type of player which about is your level now, is the type of player which we are eager to ship out of our team and move on from. By the time you return to the premiership (that's if you ever do), you will be on the wrong side of a large gulf in quality in comparison to us. That gulf acting on your behalf previously which has been the principal cause of you beating us several times such as the games in 1996, 2006, 2008, etc.

Secondly city of sunderland isn't "nothing" as you seem to describe it as, of course its nothing compared to the bright lights of London and the south and isn't exactly amongst the "elite" of cities in the UK, and isn't quite as good as Newcastle (though that isn't the argument).

For "nothing in its own right" it will have a world heritage site by 2010, a 7th century building where education and the rebirth of learning in england began. There is also a £180 million agreement in place to build the tallest building in the region which will also be bigger than anything Scotland. A new quality shopping centre will be joining this tower, then there's the Hilton Hotel to be built this year (something newcastle doesn't have for those who claim Gatesheads assets as their own). There's also money from the government into building the tallest bridge in the United Kingdom in Sunderland. Then HM Court services are funding a new court and law complex in the city centre (which was announced today). A nothing city also isn't tied with Washington D.C, Essen, nanjing and Harbin, is it?

As for what it currently has, it also has the largest theatre venue in the Northeast, and the only one which can stage west end shows. It has a rapidly improving and expanding modern university, which yet another £75 million campus is almost completed along with new funds to recruit some of the finest software lecturers and professors in the country. Mowbray park was also voted "the best city park in Britain" last year, beating even Hyde park (much to my suprise though). You should also look at the regeneration they done in Sunniside, a new conference centre, an expensive new art and music facility, new apartments and the rejuvanted modern gardens. Plus there's the most important thing of all, a rapidly improving premier league football team :D

Sunderland's economy has increased by 83% from 1995, which is far above the national average growth and is very impressive for a city which only gained status in 1992. Hardly "nothing" is it? Sunderland may be inferior to Newcastle but it isn't nothing in total. Due to a recent city status its never developed as much as the others, but it will eventually overtake them as it's heading in the right direction. Though its no suprise why a player would choose London over Sunderland, I think a player would choose London over any city though in the long run, and if sunderland is so close to this almighty city of "Newcastle" (which bare it in mind claims half of Gatesheads attractions as it's own), why can't the players just all enjoy the mights of this nearby newcastle instead and have no problem moving to Sunderland? :icon_lol:

FTM

Its practically New York Monte Carlo and Las Vegas rolled into one

Guest TheNewinsider

Oh yes I forgot how these people do not seem to exist in the soley perfect heaven of "Newcastle". :icon_lol::icon_lol::razz:

I'm not surprise you forgot, they say too much sniffing glue on park benches can have an adverse affect on your memory.

Quite why you felt the need to put Newcastle in speech marks is beyond me. The name of the place has never been in doubt. spackem.

The name of the place actually has been in doubt and that's why I put "Newcastle", because when it suits the situation it's name mysteriously changes to "NewcastleGateshead" so it can claim the angel of the north, the millenium bridge, the baltic and the saige as it's own. So I put "Newcastle", to mean Newcastle upon tyne only, not the place over the river it pretends to be.

You can sit and "laugh" at us for likely failing to sign Peter Crouch, but what you fail to realise is that at least we have the funds to aim for a player like him now and at least we can get him up to talk to you. Crouch is not a world class player, but he's about 10 times above your level now (not just by his height either). The type of player which about is your level now, is the type of player which we are eager to ship out of our team and move on from.

We may be in the shit, but we haven't started signing midgets like.

Sad excuse for a post, especially from a moderator :razz::icon_lol:

As for what it currently has, it also has the largest theatre venue in the Northeast, and the only one which can stage west end shows. It has a rapidly improving and expanding modern university, which yet another £75 million campus is almost completed along with new funds to recruit some of the finest software lecturers and professors in the country. Mowbray park was also voted "the best city park in Britain" last year, beating even Hyde park (much to my suprise though). You should also look at the regeneration they done in Sunniside, a new conference centre, an expensive new art and music facility, new apartments and the rejuvanted modern gardens. Plus there's the most important thing of all, a rapidly improving premier league football team :icon_lol:

FTM

Guest TheNewinsider
Doesn't really matter what gets built or open in the centre, it will never make up for the likes of Town end farm, redhouse, pennywell (BELOW), hendon ETC ETC

cashanty.jpg

No of course it won't and I didn't say it would. Every city in the world has it's shite suburbs obviously, just like the attractive city centre of newcastle never helped Scotswood, Benwell, Byker, etc. I don't have an issue with Newcastle as a city (aside from it claiming Gatesheads stuff), I like the Quayside and the city centre very much and of course it's better than Sunderland.

However, I don't like to see my hometown ripped to bits and shamelessly put down. I pray for the day opinions on it eventually change, and if not I will work towards that myself.

Doesn't really matter what gets built or open in the centre, it will never make up for the likes of Town end farm, redhouse, pennywell (BELOW), hendon ETC ETC

cashanty.jpg

Fuck me, I thought that was a Brazilian slum on a cloudy day! :D

Sad excuse for a post, especially from a moderator :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

As for what it currently has, it also has the largest theatre venue in the Northeast, and the only one which can stage west end shows. It has a rapidly improving and expanding modern university, which yet another £75 million campus is almost completed along with new funds to recruit some of the finest software lecturers and professors in the country. Mowbray park was also voted "the best city park in Britain" last year, beating even Hyde park (much to my suprise though). You should also look at the regeneration they done in Sunniside, a new conference centre, an expensive new art and music facility, new apartments and the rejuvanted modern gardens. Plus there's the most important thing of all, a rapidly improving premier league football team :icon_lol:

FTM

He's slipped up tbf - no mention of 2-1... :razz:

Guest Stevie

Fuckers have had 2 months of their fun its time we started to take the piss back. :D

Hehe aye Arca lived doon St Peter's Basin for 5 year didn't he?

To be honest I said a lot of what you're saying on the other thread. I don't even think it's necessary to take the piss, they know what they are and we know what we are. That's all that needs saying. They are a tiny cist on a beautiful big white swan, on every level Newcastle is better than Sunderland as a place, a club, and regardless of the last 5 years, we still have stature in English football, even in the 80s people were interested in us, we were always backpage headlines, Sunderland are nearer to Huddersfield than they are to us as a place, a people and a club.

Guest Stevie

:icon_lol: That's the first time you've made me lol

You have nothing constructive to post about your own club, so you post an attempt to take the piss out of Sunderland.......says it all really.

Are you still here?

Obsessed.

Fuming.

Seething.

Big Premier League club Sunderland :D:icon_lol::icon_lol::razz::icon_lol::icon_lol:

You have nothing constructive to post about your own club, so you post an attempt to take the piss out of Sunderland.......says it all really.

thats the number of threads on Readytogo posted in today that are about us. :D

It is barely worth slagging Sunderland, it is just too easy. Their greatest escape from mediocrity was when Derby County stole their record two seasons ago of having the lowest points total in Premier League history. Congratulations!

They signed a manager whose prime skill is avoiding relegation and are actively chasing Peter Crouch, which says enough in itself. A glorified Championship side if you ask me. At least they found an owner willing to invest money in the club, but as Mike Ashley has shown at Newcastle, that in itself will not get you far. They will have to spend a lot of money and work very hard to look like a side which deserves to be in the Premiership, rather than just one that survived a relegation battle.

[/b]At least they found an owner willing to invest money in the club, but as Mike Ashley has shown at Newcastle, that in itself will not get you far.

Yet again, you've lost me. Where does this bit come in?