Will Shola...

Park Life

I've no faith in Shola. Still we may have no choice, and you never know.

beatingadeadhorse1.gif

:rolleyes:

Depends on the midfield anyway,

If they bang crosses into the box, and Strolla manages to get in the way of them, given his woeful 1st touch there's a 50/50 chance it might go in....

No midfield, no Strolla goals.

So currently, not a f*ckin hope in hell. :)

I think we'll see a new Shola this season, hes certainly looking the part in pre-season and looks up for the challenge, hes from around here and will be putting the effort in to get us straight back up. (thats what my heart says)

but in reality I think we'll have to put up with the same sub par and lazy performances as we always have, with him going on the odd decent run with deflections or scuffed shots somehow bobbling over the goal line.

Head > Heart

In all seriousness If Shola starts a decent amount of games he could pick up 12-15 goals - in a 46 game season.

However if we have to rely on Shola we may as well forget about promotion.

In all seriousness If Shola starts a decent amount of games he could pick up 12-15 goals - in a 46 game season.

However if we have to rely on Shola we may as well forget about promotion.

At 27 he's coming into his peak I reckon. :rolleyes:

He will be unplayable.

Like an old 78 vinyl?

Thick, Black and Fragile.

:rolleyes:

He and Carroll might be able to become decent target men, I suppose. I can't say I'm too optmisitic about relying on them as main sources of goals though.

You can get 20/1 on Shola and 14/1 :) om Carroll being top goalscorers...

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/englis.../top-goalscorer

We're one of the fav for promotion. Strange.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/englis...nship/promotion

Edited by Park Life

I reckon Carroll will do ok in the Championship, but i'm not confident about Ameobi. He didnt make the grade when he went to Stoke and so I dont think he's going to be any different this time around. I reckon Smith has more of a chance of more goals than him and thats worrying.

Goals do however, rely upon service from the midfield. That is something we are not going to get with the current crop of misfits.