Newcastle United 1-0 Sheffield Wednesday FT

Guest Stevie

I enjoy Stevie's OTT assessments of other clubs - most of the times he has more than a grain of truth.

This might sound a bit "local board for local people" ish but I don't see why we should have to temper our opinions based on upsetting casual readers from other clubs - if they can't take it then fuck them.

Exactly, and you get people saying "people like Stevie have made us a national joke". I would counter that by saying people like Paddock Lad, have made us in to a meek, jesters hat wearing, SKY generated support of total new age mugs. Who gives a fuck what people nationally think about us, we never used to care before the SKY razmataz attracted people like him. What I put about Sheffield Wednesday is what I believe, next time I'll be more sensitive to the feelings of our opponents seeing as though a bit of banter it unnecessary? Tossers.

You obviously do though.

Indeed :icon_lol:

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy Stevie's OTT assessments of other clubs - most of the times he has more than a grain of truth.

This might sound a bit "local board for local people" ish but I don't see why we should have to temper our opinions based on upsetting casual readers from other clubs - if they can't take it then fuck them.

The opinions of 'casual readers from other clubs' doesn't bother me one bit. What does is the media are lovingly portraying us as deluded, out of touch, and that 'we're too big for the CCC', etc....

Whilst most of us are doing our level best to dispell that bollocks, sad cases like Stevie are just fuelling it!

To be fair I think we are too big of a club to be where we are if we're going by following, ground size and history, anyone in the media who thinks otherwise is deluded imo. That said I don't think we've got much to shout about, we're where we are because we've been shit for the past few years. In essence we haven't had a team/manager worthy of our size since Bobby went, but that's been down to bad running from the top down.

Sadly you don't get in to the Premiership on reputation so here we are.

The opinions of 'casual readers from other clubs' doesn't bother me one bit. What does is the media are lovingly portraying us as deluded, out of touch, and that 'we're too big for the CCC', etc....

Whilst most of us are doing our level best to dispell that bollocks, sad cases like Stevie are just fuelling it!

Being democratic/truthful many, many of our fans do think like that. You can try and dispel it by all means but it won't completely go away and sometimes you need an occasional rant to counter some of the "sensibleness".

As an aside I was also thinking this morning why I've always hated Sheff Wed - probably the worst football murdering team I've ever seen under Wilkinson in 83/84.

In a nutshell. We're in the CCC because that's where we deserve to be and it's nobody's fault but our own.

Sure we are a 'big' club but then so are Wednesday & Forest and quite a few others outside the Premiership.

Feels a bit to me like having to drop down a year at school - something I had to do with Maths at A-Levels. You don't like being there, you feel you should be in the tier above, but you're the reason you're there is your own doing.

Being democratic/truthful many, many of our fans do think like that. You can try and dispel it by all means but it won't completely go away and sometimes you need an occasional rant to counter some of the "sensibleness".

As an aside I was also thinking this morning why I've always hated Sheff Wed - probably the worst football murdering team I've ever seen under Wilkinson in 83/84.

I doubt our fans are anymore deluded than anyone elses tbh, we all want/expect to do well and most people are biased towards their own team.

That Sheff Wed fan's a tit though. He picked out (apart from the attendance stuff) the one person in that thread who thought we'd piss the league and then used it to push an agenda about us all being deluded etc.

In a nutshell. We're in the CCC because that's where we deserve to be and it's nobody's fault but our own.

Sure we are a 'big' club but then so are Wednesday & Forest and quite a few others outside the Premiership.

Feels a bit to me like having to drop down a year at school - something I had to do with Maths at A-Levels. You don't like being there, you feel you should be in the tier above, but you're the reason you're there is your own doing.

Yeah, I think that's what I meant, just put in a more straight forward manner :icon_lol:

That Sheff Wed fan's a tit though. He picked out (apart from the attendance stuff) the one person in that thread who thought we'd piss the league and then used it to push an agenda about us all being deluded etc.

Future british politician then? :icon_lol:

Future british politician then? :)

Current bitter Sheff Wed fan tbh. Probably the only one in Edinburgh :icon_lol:

heh, remember them in the early 90's when waddle was there. good side then..... nowadays they are mid table plodders. not much more as far as i can see. with the team we can field for the moment, i can see us beating them 2-0. if we play as we have against reading and WBA.

I doubt our fans are anymore deluded than anyone elses tbh, we all want/expect to do well and most people are biased towards their own team.

Absolutely - its a cliche but there are sensible people/deluded idiots everywhere of every colour.

Absolutely - its a cliche but there are sensible people/deluded idiots everywhere of every colour.

But it's mostly the blacks.

No agenda. The rest of your thread is there for all to see. I have pointed this out already.

Future british politician then? :razz:

Current bitter Sheff Wed fan tbh. Probably the only one in Edinburgh :icon_lol:

:) Definitely not bitter or the only Wednesday fan in Edinburgh.

Exactly, and you get people saying "people like Stevie have made us a national joke". I would counter that by saying people like Paddock Lad, have made us in to a meek, jesters hat wearing, SKY generated support of total new age mugs. Who gives a fuck what people nationally think about us, we never used to care before the SKY razmataz attracted people like him. What I put about Sheffield Wednesday is what I believe, next time I'll be more sensitive to the feelings of our opponents seeing as though a bit of banter it unnecessary? Tossers.

I can't wait to bump into 'paddocklad' after that! :razz: (I might give you the "patronising cunt" jibe, but not the other description.) :icon_lol:

Sadly Stevie, it's threads like yours which feed the belief that we're arrogant and out of touch. You've made us all look like a bunch of twats, hope you're fucking proud.

:icon_lol:

Have a word with yourself man for fuck sake. 32 going on 62 you like.

The bit highlighted makes you come across as if you're 12, but tragically I fear you're much older

Craig's right, its the likes of you that have made the rest of us a national joke, never mind the antics of Ashley & co.

Well done.

The likes of me kept this club going, when people used the excuse of a boycot to stay away in the early 90s, and history is repeating itself again, I'm still there are you? You patronising cunt. Paddock Lad. Says it all.

Think we're gonna need a bigger boat for you Stevie :)

And I'm not getting into a "I'm a bigger fan than you" contest with anyone, least of all your good self....

Adrian Durham was trying to get calls from Newcastle fans this afternoon on talkshite using the 37k crowd as a wind up..."Newcastle fans pack SJP every week don't they?...where've they all gone?"

Where do you think he gets ammo like this from? Whether you accept its the case or are bothered by it in any way, you can be sure its from the likes of you.

Fair enough, you're a proud man,but can you not just accept that our crowds have gone up and down over the years in proportion to how we're actually performing on the pitch, and in that respect we're much the same as any other club really?...the difference is we've got a slightly bigger hardcore than most at the heart of the club, and thats about it.

Adrian Durham doesn't need anybodys help to have a pop, he's a shock-jock who's very job it is to wind people up into ringing the joke radio station he works for and basically to keep him in a cushy job. Just don't listen to the prick.

No agenda. The rest of your thread is there for all to see. I have pointed this out already.

If you didn't have an agenda, why did you say the stuff backed up your pre-conceived notions of NUFC fans then? Especially when those views were not in the least way representative of the views on here?

Edited by alex

If you didn't have an agenda, why did you say the stuff backed up your pre-conceived notions of NUFC fans then? Especially when those views were not in the least way representative of the views on here?

What I said was most fans that I had come across in my town. Many of them up here are arrogant and your club for that very reason is not popular amongst supporters of many clubs in Scotland. Sad for your club and the numerous good supporters you most likely have, but nonetheless true in my experience.

As for an agenda I think it is fairly obvious that I don't have one. What would I gain from that? You seem to have very selective reading. Did you not read these bits?

"I'm sure many of your lads and lasses are dead on. I am no bellend or glue sniffer and I won't tar you all with the same brush. As I said I wanted to have a chat with your lads and I came across a post that was disrespectful and incorrect. As I said on my post on our forum unfortunately a large propotion of your fans in Scotland seem to be of the same ilk."

I've met many good Newcastle fans, as I have fans of every club. However as I said, many of your support in my experience, and especially in my home town are of the same mentality as Stevie.

:icon_lol: You are entitled to think what you like mate but I have no agenda.

What I said was most fans that I had come across in my town. Many of them up here are arrogant and your club for that very reason is not popular amongst supporters of many clubs in Scotland. Sad for your club and the numerous good supporters you most likely have, but nonetheless true in my experience.

As for an agenda I think it is fairly obvious that I don't have one. What would I gain from that? You seem to have very selective reading. Did you not read these bits?

"I'm sure many of your lads and lasses are dead on. I am no bellend or glue sniffer and I won't tar you all with the same brush. As I said I wanted to have a chat with your lads and I came across a post that was disrespectful and incorrect. As I said on my post on our forum unfortunately a large propotion of your fans in Scotland seem to be of the same ilk."

I've met many good Newcastle fans, as I have fans of every club. However as I said, many of your support in my experience, and especially in my home town are of the same mentality as Stevie.

Fairly obvious you wanted to portray us in a certain way on your board. Anyone reading your thread on your board can see that. I'm not bothered to be honest. I don't have a view on Sheffield Wednesday fans as I've only met about 3 of them in my life. As for "You seem to have very selective reading" Mr. Kettle, meet Mr. Pot.

Edited by alex

Guest Stevie

This bloke thinks I'm a sweaty because I have Arthurs Seat in my pic.

Look mate if I was from Edinburgh I wouldn't be supporting an English club because David Hurst or Ginola was my hero as a kid, I'd support Hibs or Hearts, because they'd be my local clubs, and proper fans support their local clubs.

Edited by Stevie

This bloke thinks I'm a sweaty because I have Arthurs Seat in my pic.

Look mate if I was from Edinburgh I wouldn't be supporting an English club because David Hurst or Ginola was my hero as a kid, I'd support Hibs or Hearts, because they'd be my local clubs, and proper fans support their local clubs.

Fuck, I'm not a proper fan. :)