Uruguay

Woodgate27

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, you've done well to get there. As I mentioned the other day, when Trinidad and Bahrain are playing off to get to the World Cup it hardly seems fair you have to play South American opposition, especially when Oceania only gets half a place.

56995[/snapback]

Oh i dont mind but when i was on the thunderbox at a mates house tonight watching the game. I noticed how many maps of the world he has in there, quite a sight to be honest. But i noticed how big both Bahrain and Trindad are, they are about as big as Alice Springs combined!

57000[/snapback]

Thunderbox=toilet

Tonight=today

What the fuck is going on in that country?! ;)

57010[/snapback]

Night time kick-off in Oz though wasn't it?

57011[/snapback]

I knar man. I'm implying its a fucking weird place, characterised most noteably by the fact that they're all hopping around on kangaroos in the dark while its daytime here.

57013[/snapback]

You forgot that they're all convicts and they're upside down.

;)
I for one am pleased the Aussies have qualified, one less team full of dago cheats diving about everywhere tbh.

56904[/snapback]

You obviously haven't seen Harry Kewell recently

57026[/snapback]

Or never heard of Tim Cahill...

;)
I for one am pleased the Aussies have qualified, one less team full of dago cheats diving about everywhere tbh.

56904[/snapback]

You obviously haven't seen Harry Kewell recently

57026[/snapback]

Or never heard of Tim Cahill...

57040[/snapback]

Or tried rolling Mark Viduka back into the sea ;)

Edited by alex

To be honest, you've done well to get there. As I mentioned the other day, when Trinidad and Bahrain are playing off to get to the World Cup it hardly seems fair you have to play South American opposition, especially when Oceania only gets half a place.

56995[/snapback]

I don't know much about Bahrain, but I don't doubt that Trinidad and Tobago could give either of those teams a run for their money.

The thing about TnT is that they have a lot of hot and cold days--they can be brilliant or they can be dreadful; it's all about concentration. They've got great individual skills, but their focus is dreadful. Their new coach, Beenhacker has got them a little more organized and if he can instill that spirit in them, they'll be great.

56995[/snapback]

I don't know much about Bahrain, but I don't doubt that Trinidad and Tobago could give either of those teams a run for their money.

The thing about TnT is that they have a lot of hot and cold days--they can be brilliant or they can be dreadful; it's all about concentration. They've got great individual skills, but their focus is dreadful. Their new coach, Beenhacker has got them a little more organized and if he can instill that spirit in them, they'll be great.

57043[/snapback]

Dwight Yorke plays for them doesn't he? Case closed tbh.

56995[/snapback]

57043[/snapback]

Dwight Yorke plays for them doesn't he? Case closed tbh.

57046[/snapback]

Well, Dwight Yorke 'plays' for them might be more accurate. He trots around the field (wearing the captains armband no less!) but does very little.

Aye and they've got a lad from Port Vale playing for them. Like I said, case closed.

57049[/snapback]

I'm not saying they're good; I'm saying that they could be Australia and possibly Uruguay minus Forlan.

They're miles ahead of the Jamaican team that qualified in 1998.

56995[/snapback]

57043[/snapback]

Beanflicker. ;) ;)

They've just qualified an'all. I don't know about anyone else, but THIS is the big football story of the day for me. Australia is neither here nor there.

56995[/snapback]

57043[/snapback]

Beanflicker. ;) ;)

They've just qualified an'all. I don't know about anyone else, but THIS is the big football story of the day for me. Australia is neither here nor there.

57064[/snapback]

Beancounter tbh

I was scanning a patient when I got the text saying we had won and were going to the world cup. I nearly cried tears of joy on the spot. I think I scared the shit out of the little girl that was having her pics done, but fuck it. I don't care how much I have to pay the scalpers for a ticket, I'm going to Germany.

41025058group4165if.jpg

I was scanning a patient when I got the text saying we had won and were going to the world cup. I nearly cried tears of joy on the spot. I think I scared the shit out of the little girl that was having her pics done, but fuck it. I don't care how much I have to pay the scalpers for a ticket, I'm going to Germany.

41025058group4165if.jpg

57069[/snapback]

Soft shite! You wanna qualify nearly every time like us mate - you'll soon discover that there's no need for crying. ;)

56995[/snapback]

57043[/snapback]

Beanflicker. ;):razz:

57064[/snapback]

Beancounter tbh

57065[/snapback]

Tit! ;)

I was scanning a can of tinned prunes when I got the text saying we had won and were going to the world cup. I nearly cried tears of joy on the spot. I think I scared the shit out of the little girl that was having her pics done, but fuck it. I don't care how much I have to pay the scalpers for a ticket, I'm going to Germany.

41025058group4165if.jpg

57069[/snapback]

I am deeply saddened that You-are-gay didn't qualify as their country's name kinda validates my relationship with Gemmill.

;)

Gemmill is widely acknowledged as the biggest deterent to homosexuality on the planet today.

Everything fell our way. Long may it continue.

You can give us shit for being football nobodies all you like, and I'll agree. Our greatest achievment is a 0-0 with Chile at the WC 30 years ago.

But the sheer joy of that moment, having been there at that infamous choke against Iran, is something that will stay with me and many others forever.

Did I mention it was also my b'day. What a present.