Crystal Palace 0-2 Newcastle United

Guest Stevie

Guest Stevie

I don't want to sound pessimistic but I'd had this pencilled in as a defeat when I was looking at our first six games, and in their last two games they've excellent by all accounts. They have quick young wide men and forwards I think it'll be their sternest test so far. They should've given us more tickets though, 3,400 for a London away is a disgrace especially as they won't sell out.

Having said that I've always hated going there, shithole suburban area, fuckin two pubs but 400 yards from the ground, shit away end, although being down the touchline is good. I'd be delighted with a draw personally. You just know Colin as he's rightly known down South, will milk it big time if they turn us over.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we're playing this lot at the worst time. They're going to be riled up over last week's decision and Warnock's going to have them playing like mentalists. They turned over Ipswich like they were nowt and we're going to have to be careful they don't do it to us. Let's hope the backline isn't torn apart in the next few days (through injury/transfers) because Coloccini is going to struggle against their frontline. If we can get a draw out of this, I'll be happy. You have to hope that, if we lose, the squad's heads don't drop like it has in the past. We're going to get beat in this league eventually and we need to instantly bounce back from it.

I truly hope we absolutely fucking rape them, I hate Simon Jordan and Warnock

I'd forgotton about Simon Jordon, the smarmy twat was being interviewed by another smarmy 'comedian', (both lovely London lads), last year when the Ashley/KK thing was kicking off, we got the usual shit about deluded/so-called-best-fans/not-loud-the-last-time-I-was-there bollocks.

Edited by Howmanheyman

Guest Stevie

I prefer Colin to Jordan. Rarely has a football person deserved a hiding as much as Jordan, every time I see him I feel the urge to go all Roberto Carlos on his head. I'm not a lover of Crystal Palace neither, when fans sing you've never won fuck all to us, well it's just ignorant, but with them it's absolutely true. In essence a shit club, so desperate for a rival they hate Brighton (50 miles away) more than any other club. If you know the georgraphy of the area, they should be the biggest club in Britain by a mile. if you go 20 miles south in any direction there, they are the nearest club, in a unique catchment area of at least 4m. Shit club, shit fans, shit ground, shit owner, lets get out of there with three points.

Where's you're optimism man Stevie :D

Like you, I'd take an away draw like but I think we might win it. I dont think they are as strong as WBA although they do have a more settled team.

Besides, we've got Shola man! :icon_lol:

Edit: my reply was to stevie's first post.

Agree about thie Ipswich performance though.

I'd also say, whilst they might be a bit riled after the goal that never was, I can't see it galvanising them into playing like ManU either

OT but will we be playing while there are international fixtures on? I know we haven't many internationals left but along with our u-21s it would weaken us.

Edited by ewerk

I hope Barton is availble for this one as our midfield looked very pedestrian without him last night (especially when Smith was forced to pull out of nearly every challenge for fear of being sent off).

I think they will be one of the most difficult teams we have to play this season as Warnock never lets his teams give much away without a fight.

I'd be happy with a draw but tbh I don't think there's anyone we should feel we can't beat in this league with our current squad.

gets aids. fucks sake man. i know he's shit as do you, but there is no need for that. surely you mean retires and gets replaced by a decent player....

I meant "aides".

People, or assistants to help him improve as a footballer.

:D

going to the game, but I'm pretty sure we're not going to do as well as we did at WBA. I don't think Palace are better than Brom, just that we've been weakened since then, the big performers (Smith, Nolan, etc. ) apparently were knackered later in the game against Wednesday so I'd hate to see how they perform in two days time...

I'd be happy with a draw, delighted with a win.

gets aids. fucks sake man. i know he's shit as do you, but there is no need for that. surely you mean retires and gets replaced by a decent player....

Steady on, he never said 'bad AIDS'.

I meant "aides".

fair dinkum.

he needs help fella.... mind you i'd brick it in front of 35k+ geordies every week!

I meant "aides".

fair dinkum.

he needs help fella.... mind you i'd brick it in front of 45k+ geordies every week!

ahem

I prefer Colin to Jordan. Rarely has a football person deserved a hiding as much as Jordan, every time I see him I feel the urge to go all Roberto Carlos on his head. I'm not a lover of Crystal Palace neither, when fans sing you've never won fuck all to us, well it's just ignorant, but with them it's absolutely true. In essence a shit club, so desperate for a rival they hate Brighton (50 miles away) more than any other club. If you know the georgraphy of the area, they should be the biggest club in Britain by a mile. if you go 20 miles south in any direction there, they are the nearest club, in a unique catchment area of at least 4m. Shit club, shit fans, shit ground, shit owner, lets get out of there with three points.

I dont agree about shit fans. The reason they dont get bigger support despite a big catchment area will be the usual reason, like most areas a big proportion of people are glory hunters and will support the more successful London clubs like Chelsea and Arsenal as well as Manure and Liverpoool.

Give some credit to the substantial amount of Palace fans who still follow their local club, it would be all too easy for them to follow a more successful London club. Palace's support isnt that bad considering they have won fuck all

2-1 to Palace I reckon, this will will be our first defeat of the season.

Certainly a tricky game. I'll go for a score draw. Palace have started the season in reasonable form and they're obviously fired up after the goal that wasnt given and a midweek win over Ipswich.

On the subject of Warnock, I quite like him. He's a bit of an idiot but at least he's passionate and a character, football needs as many of them as possible.

[quote name='Stevie' date='Aug 20 2009, 01:08 PM' post='661209']

I don't want to sound pessimistic but I'd had this pencilled in as a defeat when I was looking at our first six games, and in their last two games they've excellent by all accounts. They have quick young wide men and forwards I think it'll be their sternest test so far. They should've given us more tickets though, 3,400 for a London away is a disgrace especially as they won't sell out.

Having said that I've always hated going there, shithole suburban area, fuckin two pubs but 400 yards from the ground, shit away end, although being down the touchline is good. I'd be delighted with a draw personally. You just know Colin as he's rightly known down South, will milk it big time if they turn us over.

:D:icon_lol:

FFS man, they finished mid table last season, they are still stuck in a transfer embargo, and have lost players since last season.

Why the pessimism ?

Even if Taylor is gone/left out, they are still very very beatable.

A draw would be fine, but expect a 2-1 win.

Guest Stevie

I dont agree about shit fans. The reason they dont get bigger support despite a big catchment area will be the usual reason, like most areas a big proportion of people are glory hunters and will support the more successful London clubs like Chelsea and Arsenal as well as Manure and Liverpoool.

Give some credit to the substantial amount of Palace fans who still follow their local club, it would be all too easy for them to follow a more successful London club. Palace's support isnt that bad considering they have won fuck all

Palace's support is completely shit, as I said they have a unique catchment area of at least 4m through South London, Croydon, parts of Kent, the North part of East and West Sussex. They are a horrendously poorly supported club. Maybe it's because the ground is in an awful location and the road network round there is as bad as you'll find in the UK, maybe that contributes still 13000 for an opening day game is absolutely shit. You look at sides like WBA who have a smaller catchment area with more direct competition for fanbase, and they've had 16-22000 constant for 30 years +