The worlds gone mad

peasepud

Do people forget it was his incompetence that got us relegated..winning now doesn't mean were suddenly fantastic and the knob should be praised. All were doing is making up ground to get us back to square one.

I don't go with this "getting rid of corporate" being a good thing, these people pay ridiculous money to watch the same football as we do. They don't take seats from 'proper fans' as they're in their own little bits. Losing corporate customers is a huge blow for the club.

Posted September 4th, 2009 by Hugh de Payen

What do BELGIAN people know about the toon?

I tell you what though I'm a big fan of Marlon King, keep him away from the Quayside and he'll be great. I mentioned him a long time ago as a realistic top deal we could possibly do.

I think its easy to pick out some things Ashley did do and herald them as "beneficial" but most of them don't endure scrutiny. The article seems to suggest we now have an excellemt crop of youngsters when I can't see any difference between now and previous years - some of Wise's signings have already proved a waste of time and have been jettisoned.

I'm also atill sick of people writing that the debt is gone - I don't believe for a nanosecond that it is.

I don't go with this "getting rid of corporate" being a good thing, these people pay ridiculous money to watch the same football as we do. They don't take seats from 'proper fans' as they're in their own little bits. Losing corporate customers is a huge blow for the club.

Our attendance may have dropped by 10,000 but I guarantee most of the drop has been in the most profit-making seats, which will hit the club the most financially. Given the present owner I'm unsure if that's a good thing or not.

I don't mind corporate fans either for the reasons you state - but I don't mind seeing some "Sky" fans in other areas of the ground disappearing (my Stevie-esque generalisation being Women (just there because of their bloke), Students and posh cunts).

You know for a fact the same people making the comments haven't even seen the 'excellent crop of youngsters' (you know? the ones so good they struggled to make the bench in a team that was relegated) play. And they'll be up for sale if they do come good.

You know for a fact the same people making the comments haven't even seen the 'excellent crop of youngsters' (you know? the ones so good they struggled to make the bench in a team that was relegated) play. And they'll be up for sale if they do come good.

exactafuckingmundo.

Edited by trophyshy

I don't mind corporate fans either for the reasons you state - but I don't mind seeing some "Sky" fans in other areas of the ground disappearing (my Stevie-esque generalisation being Women (just there because of their bloke), Students and posh cunts).

:) mind it would rule half this messageboard out.

:( mind it would rule half this messageboard out.

:)

Our attendance may have dropped by 10,000 but I guarantee most of the drop has been in the most profit-making seats, which will hit the club the most financially. Given the present owner I'm unsure if that's a good thing or not.

Agreed. The Milburn Stand has been the emptiest in the stadium so far this season.

"JinkyGenius says:

September 4, 2009 at 8:54 am

The problem with the argument is summed up perfectly in an exchange between Martin Sheen’s character (Willard) & Marlon Brando’s character (Kurtz) in Apocalypse Now. For Kurtz read Mike Ashley, for Willard read a confused lifelong Magpie fan:

Willard: They told me that you had gone totally insane, and that your methods were unsound.

Kurtz: Are my methods unsound?

Willard: I don’t see any method at all, sir. "

The Ashley years in 3 lines-genius

Anyone here the poster?

Agreed. The Milburn Stand has been the emptiest in the stadium so far this season.

you could post anything here mate - most people dont get further than your avatar - i know i dont

Edited by meshman

you could post anything here mate - most people dont get further than your avatar - i know i dont

I'm glad i have them blocked while I'm at work. :)

:(

...Wait, what?

:lol:

There's a difference between posh cunt, and Blyth council estate chump trying to be posh, so don't you worry :jihad:

:rolleyes:

Blyth? How fucking Dare you. It's Seaton Sluice, sir, and don't you forget it.

And Council Estate? Only chavs and staff come from those favellas. :)

:icon_lol:

* Cleanse the soul of this football club from the corporate and glory-seeking monsters.

Er.... no. Or at least only the in the context of if in his efforts he manages to never bring NUFC any measure of "success" again.

* Clear debt which may have finished the club.

WTF? The debt is all still there and the wage bill is still huge (even bigger relatively now we're a Championship side dispite the outgoings).

* Give some fans a wake-up call on the financial implications of trying to buy success at any cost.

What? The implications of no investment at all, buying :) and no supporting good managers.

* Provide the basis of a decent youth policy.

Again WTF? By leaving us with nothing to play but youth players that is somehow the foundation of a decent youth policy?

What moron wrote that and can we have them certified?