Its the future!!!

Kid Dynamite

Most electric cars look like shit and conk out after 50 miles. Tesla is changing this.

http://www.teslamotors.com/models/index.php

0-60mph in 5.6 seconds

Top speed of 125mph

Emissions - 0

Range on one charge - 300miles

Charge time - 45mins

Charge Price/Electricity Cost - £3.50

Price - $49,000

tesla-model-s-white-5.jpg

TeslaModelS-609.jpg

tesla-model-s-sedan.jpg

If you fancy a 2 seater sports car that can do 0-60 in 3.7 seconds they do this too, but thatl set you back $100,000

2009-brabus-tesla-roadster-picture-3-588x441.jpg

tesla_roadster_on_the_road_2.jpg

Edited by Kid Dynamite

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most electric cars look like shit and conk out after 50 miles. Tesla is changing this.

Charge time - 45mins

Bollocks!

Hydrogen fuel cells are the future

Didn't Tesla claim to have invented a Death Ray or something? :D

The Tesla Coil ! :)

He's the godfather of Electrical Engineering, he developed AC electricity and the AC motor.

It was supposed to be a impenetrable field of electricity that went into the sky to stop planes flying.

He claimed to be able to defend the entire boarders of the UK.

Something like a massive Van Der Graff generator on the floor and some means of broadcasting it wireless into the air creating a force field that would take planes out of warfare!

Charge time - 45mins

Bollocks!

Hydrogen fuel cells are the future

Its true. You need to pay extra for the special charger, otherwise if you plug it into your normal socket you will have to leave it overnight. But thats the beauty of it, no special charging stations. Stop at a hotel and run a plug out of the window :)

Once these things take of the prices will plummit

Does the electricity come from fossil-fuel power stations by any chance?

and I seriously doubt the manufacture of all of those batteries is environmentally friendly.

That said, it's still got to be a much more ecologically friendly mode of transport than the infernal confusion engine.

They made a lightbulb and a gramophone needle that would've last for decades but as soon as they were invented the patents were bought for a fortune and they were never heard of again. - Les Paul

Currently hydrogen takes more energy to harvest that using fossil fuels. Major industry wants it as it is difficult to DIY. Electicity on the other hand you could get yourself if you invest in renewables. I hope electricity makes it.

Water engine though, they'll never let us have that.

Planet Profit = Fucking huge disaster. Giddy Up.

Aye, but don't they say that the technology for harvesting Hydrogen is in it's infancy and when they've sorted it out it'll be no more expensive than getting Fossil Fuels

If me aunty had balls shed be me uncle. The fact is it takes less electricity to run an electric car than it does to make the hydrogen for a hydrogen powered car.

:)

Can you go into a bit more detail in that regard?

I'm sceptical.

Thing is KD, it's more arduous now, but it will become cleaner, quicker and cheaper, the fact we'd be less reliant on over-seas oil will have an increasing pressure on lobbyists in Britain and our cousins across the water.

If they find a feasible replacement for foreign oil they'll be all over it like it was the last buffet table

The production of electricity is only going to get cleaner and cleaner as the coal powered powerstations are replaced with Nuclear.

Where are you going to build them? And what will you tell the nimbys?

I can't argue, there are two of the fuckers within 25 miles of my house. :)