Chris Hughton offered Newcastle United Job

Tooj

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbf not a whole lot is going to change. He's already been told that he'll have absolutely no control over transfers, which is a given seeing that we're spending fuck all in Jan.

It's more that it's confirmation there is no change on the horizon. Ashley's not even pretending any more.

Tbf not a whole lot is going to change. He's already been told that he'll have absolutely no control over transfers, which is a given seeing that we're spending fuck all in Jan.

It's more that it's confirmation there is no change on the horizon. Ashley's not even pretending any more.

Tbf, I can see him appointing Hughton tomorrow and then selling the club the day afterwards only to get one over Moat (+ Shearer) or whoever is the buyer then. He and Lambiarse are probably already chuckling...

Tbf, I can see him appointing Hughton tomorrow and then selling the club the day afterwards only to get one over Moat (+ Shearer) or whoever is the buyer then. He and Lambiarse are probably already chuckling...

I'd take that tbf :(

I don't think the wheels are about to come off like. And I think Hughton's done well, obviously. Fucking much better than about 99% of people expected in any case. It's more the way it suggests Ashley is hanging around a bit longer at least. I was thinking about it and it would be better for the club if we didn't go up this season if he still owns the club. That's counter-intuitive for me, as a fan. But I just can't see him going any other way.

Kind of understand where you are coming from but, really we need investment. He definitely will not give it, nor ( probably) will moat. i reckon his consortium is a farce. the only way anything will change is if we get promoted. hopefully Ashley will sell. then fuck off. if not i can see us yoyo-ing between championship and premiership. or worse than that, fading into mid table championship obscurity.

If we do get promoted this year and the twat gets his extra money in a sale then I'll bet it will be August before it happens and the new owners will have no time to get a manager or build a squad.

We're fucked basically.

I don't think the wheels are about to come off like. And I think Hughton's done well, obviously. Fucking much better than about 99% of people expected in any case. It's more the way it suggests Ashley is hanging around a bit longer at least. I was thinking about it and it would be better for the club if we didn't go up this season if he still owns the club. That's counter-intuitive for me, as a fan. But I just can't see him going any other way.

I agree but if we go up, Cashley's going to double the price again as we will then be a 'PL club', then that's Moat out of the equation.

S'pose only time will tell.

I agree but if we go up, Cashley's going to double the price again as we will then be a 'PL club', then that's Moat out of the equation.

That's why I think it might be better not to go up. I.e. the prospect of two seasons + out the Prem might see him cut his losses. If we go up, he can either sell for more (certainly more than he could get now) and make money if we yo-yo with the costs cut. Hopefully he'll get hit by bus or something.

Like closing scene of Animal Farm with the pigs playing poker with the humans tbf.

(GCSE, not sixth form before someone gets clever. :( )

He's already said he reckons the club will be worth £150m if we go up. The man is completely fucking clueless, we'd need at least £50m to invest in the squad to have a proper go in the PL. Ashley ain't gonna provide it and there's not going to be any white knight riding onto the scene prepared to throw £200m at the club next summer.

Like closing scene of Animal Farm with the pigs playing poker with the humans tbf.

(GCSE, not sixth form before someone gets clever. :( )

Eh? Oh that Animal Farm.

If nobodys come running to buy us now, with a lower wage bill and top of the league, I can't seriously see anyone meeting ashleys inflated price if we got promoted.

Everyone knows we would need obscene levels of investment just to survive.

It's all getting really serious shit style long term depressing now.

I am down to my last chaff from my last straw and only hope this is somehow his last bluff with Moats consortium. The fact this seems to be on hold for two weeks is very slim almost annorexic hope.

Where is Accaspaca when you need him.

It was what we've expected all along, don't really see what difference making Chris the permanent manager will do though. Ashley's unrealistic valuation of the club both now or during time in the Prem just proves to me that we're never going to get out of this sorry state, all because the fat man's a clueless cunt. Fucking fat charver bastard, I hope something nasty befalls him.

It was what we've expected all along, don't really see what difference making Chris the permanent manager will do though. Ashley's unrealistic valuation of the club both now or during time in the Prem just proves to me that we're never going to get out of this sorry state, all because the fat man's a clueless cunt.

Couldn't have said it better. Appointing Hughton full time means relitively little. He wouldn't remain manager should we ever be taken over (you'd expect).

Aye 6 year contract on £5m a year for Hughton. I know it's a very childish thing to say, but no one in football has ever looked more like a rat than Hughton, nothing against him cos he seems a canny bloke, he just looks like Splinter.

Does it really mean that much in the grand scheme of things? Noone wants to buy the club, so why not give Hughton the job? I don't suppose there's anything in Football League rules which says we must have a manager, which could explain this move by LardAsh? Anyone know? And something tells me there will be watertight clauses telling Hughton that if he does a shit job he's out on his ear without any great compensation - of that I am absolutely certain.