Chris Hughton offered Newcastle United Job

Tooj

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm seems strange that on saturday ashley said moat had a week to offer the 80m or go away, now this news of hughton being offered the job however theyre waiting til after the home donny match to have talks (this is also the 7 day deadline up) me trying to be optimistic but it wudnt suprise me if ashley was using this as a threat to all the potential buyers to either finalize funds or stop wasting time.

feel free to shoot me down now :(

hmmm seems strange that on saturday ashley said moat had a week to offer the 80m or go away, now this news of hughton being offered the job however theyre waiting til after the home donny match to have talks (this is also the 7 day deadline up) me trying to be optimistic but it wudnt suprise me if ashley was using this as a threat to all the potential buyers to either finalize funds or stop wasting time.

Threats must be something else he's not very good at then.

He can publicly drown a pint though.

He can publicly drown himself hopefully.

fyp.

I'm not suprised in the slightest that he's been offered the job full time - keep costs down etc - but the timing doesn't make any sense at all.

Why not offer him it at the start of the season, thus providing the team with a slightly more solid foundation from which to build.

Also, purely in terms of results, why offer him the job now, when we're just starting to stutter? Why not give it a few more weeks and wait and see if he's good enough to halt a poor run of form?

Also, purely in terms of results, why offer him the job now, when we're just starting to stutter? Why not give it a few more weeks and wait and see if he's good enough to halt a poor run of form?

I would guess he's just looking at the table - remember his comment that Kinnear had us "safe" when his heart went because we were 12th when in reality we were 2 points off 3rd bottom and playing absolutely shite.

To be honest we all know Ashley isn't just clueless but in fact ingrained with a hatred of all things Newcastle so I'm sure it's all part and parcel of his big view to fuck us up even further. All credit to Chris, but why now? It'll make no difference overall to the playing staff. There's been some bad owners of football clubs in the past but nobody this bad owning a club as big as us that I can think of - fucking turd of a Spuds fan.

Well now it's 2 points out of 12.

Hughton is a shoo in for permanent manager isn't he?

Granted he seems like a nice bloke but I don't really want a nice bloke in charge unless his niceness is coupled with the ability to grind out results when you're playing well or playing badly.

Ashley hasn't a clue - appointing Hughton is saying that our ambition is to be mediocre at best, as if this is something to aim for. Sadly I can't see Hughton amounting to much, even if we win promotion this season it seems obvious to me he's a coach not a manager and therefore not a long term appointment at all.

This should have been settled a long time ago, with a man in place who has the potential to last beyond one season and with the talent to progress both the team and himself. Not necessarily Shearer. However for the umpteenth time we are paying for the short termism, indecision and bullshit that has characterised the current owner from the very outset. The only thing that's missing is reappointing Joe Kinnear.

Nothing will improve until Ashley goes, if we have a messiah complex then he's the Great Satan. In a fair and just world we'd tar and feather him, stick a corner flag up his backside and run him out of town permanently.

Ashley hasn't a clue - appointing Hughton is saying that our ambition is to be mediocre at best, as if this is something to aim for. Sadly I can't see Hughton amounting to much, even if we win promotion this season it seems obvious to me he's a coach not a manager and therefore not a long term appointment at all.

This should have been settled a long time ago, with a man in place who has the potential to last beyond one season and with the talent to progress both the team and himself. Not necessarily Shearer. However for the umpteenth time we are paying for the short termism, indecision and bullshit that has characterised the current owner from the very outset. The only thing that's missing is reappointing Joe Kinnear.

Nothing will improve until Ashley goes, if we have a messiah complex then he's the Great Satan. In a fair and just world we'd tar and feather him, stick a corner flag up his backside and run him out of town permanently.

:( don't, not even as a joke.......... just don't :lol:

Let's be honest here, it's only someone like Hughton or Kinnear, i.e. people who, in the case of Hughton aren't likely to get a managerial post elsewhere, or, in the case of Kinnear, people who aren't likely to ever be employed in football ever again, who would even consider working for Ashley. I think I'll settle for Hughton for now.

Houghton has got on with it in a good way imo.

Nobody is doubting that; he's just not the man to kick these players up the arse and correct the wrongs. What's even worse is that there's nobody out there who would take the job that could.

Edited by Stiva

They start on about him becoming permanent manager and the wheels are starting to come off. Keep his as caretaker I'd say... :)

BTW, did anyone watch SSN last night? They had Iain Dowie at the Blackpool v Sheff Utd game as a summariser. Didn't exactly put him in the best place in the stadium :)