The Guitar Thread

Tom

17 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Bill Clinton got a New Guitar! [MidJourney] : r/deepdream

"Bill Clinton playing a geetur on Eptsteins Island - Alex Jones took the photo, hiding in the bushes at great personal risk to himself to provide the TRUTH to his fellow TRUTHseekers. Why was Clinton on the Ireland? To play a guitur or was this just to warm his fingers up for the afters? Something something sy-ops, something something CIA."

Watch out. The NAS will be chicken your hard dry. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

Watch out. The NAS will be chicken your hard dry. 

I don't like his music that much to allow him to chicken anything whether it be hard, dry or a combination of both!

Eric Clapton is a covid fruitloop tbf. One for @Nefilimto look into.

He's suffered with hand problems for years but claimed that getting his vaccination stopped him playing his guitar altogether. 

Sadly the effects have worn off and the cunt is back at it. He even wrote a DOGSHIT song about the whole thing. Stick around for the AMAZING lyrics. :lol:

• Haha 4

Aye that’s the only downside about owning a Clapton strat, easily the best strat I’ve ever played but he’s a complete c**t and that’s before covid :lol: 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Eric Clapton is a covid fruitloop tbf. One for @Nefilimto look into.

He's suffered with hand problems for years but claimed that getting his vaccination stopped him playing his guitar altogether. 

Sadly the effects have worn off and the cunt is back at it. He even wrote a DOGSHIT song about the whole thing. Stick around for the AMAZING lyrics. :lol:

You mean to tell me famous Enoch Powell supporter Eric Clapton is also a covid denier?!

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

If I were Eric Clapton I'm not sure I'd have included the line, "Thinking of my kids, what’s left of them" in that song.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Aye that’s the only downside about owning a Clapton strat, easily the best strat I’ve ever played but he’s a complete c**t and that’s before covid :lol: 

Just don't live in a highrise until your kids are 5+.

• Haha 3

Stand and deliver You let 'em put the fear on you Stand and deliver But not a word you heard was true But if there's nothing you can say There may be nothing you can do
Do you wanna be a free man Or do you wanna be a slave? Do you wanna be a free man Or do you wanna be a slave? Do you wanna wear these chains Until you're lying in the grave?
I don't wanna be a pauper And I don't wanna be a prince I don't wanna be a pauper And I don't wanna be a prince I just wanna do my job Playing the blues for my friends
Magna Carta, Bill of Rights The constitution, what's it worth? You know they're gonna grind us down, ah Until it really hurts
Is this a sovereign nation Or just a police state? You better look out, people Before it gets too late
You wanna be your own driver Or keep on flogging a dead horse? You wanna be your own driver Or keep on flogging a dead horse? Do you wanna make it better Or do you wanna make it worse?
Stand and deliver You let 'em put the fear on you Slow down the river But not a word of it was true If there's nothing you can say There may be nothing you can do
Stand and deliver Stand and deliver Dick Turpin wore a mask, too

The Van Morrison effort btw :lol: 

• Haha 2

(Verse 1)
In this city of shadows, where the streets echo silence,
Lockdown's grip tightens, a world in defiance.
Van Morrison's spirit, it whispers through the night,
Against these restrictions, we yearn for the light.

(Chorus)
No more lockdown, let our freedom ring,
In the rhythm of rebellion, we'll dance and sing.
Van's soul in the melody, a defiant refrain,
Against the confinement, we'll break the chain.

(Verse 2)
The pubs are deserted, and the stages are bare,
But the heart of the troubadour, it refuses to wear.
In the mystic chords, where defiance finds its groove,
Van Morrison's echo, a call to move.

(Bridge)
Open up the doors, let the music flow,
In the face of restraint, let our spirits grow.
Van's defiant whispers, like a rolling stream,
Against the lockdown, we'll chase the dream.

(Chorus)
No more lockdown, let our freedom ring,
In the rhythm of rebellion, we'll dance and sing.
Van's soul in the melody, a defiant refrain,
Against the confinement, we'll break the chain.

(Verse 3)
Through the quiet streets, where the melodies fade,
Van Morrison's anthem, it won't be swayed.
In the soulful chords, where the truth is told,
Against the lockdown, our spirits unfold.

(Outro)
So let the music play, break the chains that bind,
In the spirit of Van, a rebel of the mind.
No more lockdown, let the song be heard,
In the verses of freedom, like a soaring bird.

Here’s chat GTPs effort 

• Thanks 1

@Gemmill How are you getting on with your Strandberg now you've had it a while?

I haven't picked up another guitar since I got mine, I've got used to the neck profile now and am actually putting some new years effort into practicing not just playing. Love it so far.

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

@Gemmill How are you getting on with your Strandberg now you've had it a while?

I haven't picked up another guitar since I got mine, I've got used to the neck profile now and am actually putting some new years effort into practicing not just playing. Love it so far.

Absolutely love it. It's ridiculously light (think it's just under 2kg) and it means I can sit and practice and a) not end up crippled later and b) not be thinking I need to stop soon or I'll end up crippled.

It's so fucking easy to play too and it NEVER goes out of tune. 

When I first held it in the shop, I was like "this is not a guitar" but you quickly get past it and actually it becomes one of the best things about it. 

You could walk round the house with this thing round your neck all day and barely notice it. You wouldn't even have to turn sideways going through doors cos of the lack of headstock. :lol:

Class :lol: 

I’d certainly not have to worry about headstock breaks! The LP is holding up fine & somehow plays better mind but aye….it weighs about 8kg (heavy for a LP!)

• 3 weeks later...

Gambled on a solid state head for a gig last night as the venue had their own amps & we wanted to travel lightly….

Never again :lol: 

It was a decent one too….Orange Crush, but it lost warmth, dynamics & interacted with the pedals strangely. 

8 hours ago, Tom said:

Gambled on a solid state head for a gig last night as the venue had their own amps & we wanted to travel lightly….

It was a decent one too….Orange Crush, but it lost warmth, dynamics & interacted with the pedals strangely. 

They're usually one if the demo amps in a guitar chain out here.

Theyre shite.

10 hours ago, Tom said:

That's a bit shit man. Hopefully didn't interfere with your set too much. 

As an aside, you're not still rocking a pedal chain of basically "just a Rangemaster" are you? Let me know if so, I can't have shit I've made sabotaging yer live act.

It was an Orange Crush Head into a Marshall 4x10 Cab.

Pedal Board is Wah - Rangemaster - Kilt V2 - Helix at the moment. 

It was the Helix it didnt like…levels weren’t great

Hammett making the most sought after Les Paul sound like an £90 starter guitar from Thomann. Take it off him.

On 05/02/2024 at 14:15, Tom said:

It was an Orange Crush Head into a Marshall 4x10 Cab.

Pedal Board is Wah - Rangemaster - Kilt V2 - Helix at the moment. 

It was the Helix it didnt like…levels weren’t great

With the Helix, can you create a preset with a preamp patch at the end of the chain? I'm curious, maybe @Andrew or @Gemmill can weigh in.

I ask because most preamps in solid state amps are essentially just distortion/overdrive circuits pedal circuits, just running at 24V rather than 9V. Definitely the case with that orange amp. Issue could be that you've essentially been running another distortion pedal that you cant bypass after your Helix. No use to you now like, but I'm thinking try plugging the Helix straight into Effects Loop return and bypass the amps preamp completely if you're ever in that situation again. If the helix preamp thing I'm asking about is a go-er that could be a winning solution. 

Edited by Blastronaut